Lineup 2018

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Probably not, but most school discos are in primary school (aged 7 to 11) so people aged 16 now were at school discos in 2008 to 2012. Busted broke up in what, 2006 ish? So I can easily see it being played in that situation.

Okay man but they'd have to be some serious junior crate diggers to be seeking out bands that had stopped appearing on TV and radio a few years before that they'd heard at a bi-monthly party. And serious clowns if they grew up listening to them like people would Blink or Green Day or Libertines or whatever and turned around to their mates on their first adventure into adulthood saying "you know I really want to see Busted play so I can feel 7 again". :lol:

Just now, dentalplan said:

Okay man but they'd have to be some serious junior crate diggers to be seeking out bands that had stopped appearing on TV and radio a few years before that they'd heard at a bi-monthly party. And serious clowns if they grew up listening to them like people would Blink or Green Day or Libertines or whatever and turned around to their mates on their first adventure into adulthood saying "you know I really want to see Busted play so I can feel 7 again". :lol:

Ok so maybe not that hardcore but I don't think they'd be that out of place at R+L still :P

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Ye that's a shout. Can see Stormzy and Asap Rocky headlining although maybe not as a trio

Stormzy is likely, but I reckon the other will be more rnb or something (like The Weeknd this year). Maybe Usher (though hes probs too small) or Drake (though he may be too big)?

Edited by Mattymooz

Anyone think Twenty One Pilots could get the next album out before R&L 2018 and grab a high main stage slot ? They've been teasing on twitter about this being the end of the Blurryface stuff but the pictures they've been posting do feel like its leading up to something else and them not taking a break.

2 hours ago, swede said:

Anyone think Twenty One Pilots could get the next album out before R&L 2018 and grab a high main stage slot ? They've been teasing on twitter about this being the end of the Blurryface stuff but the pictures they've been posting do feel like its leading up to something else and them not taking a break.

Even if they do I think they'll skip 2018 and headling 2019.

Stormzy subbing seems a bit high (BBK were 3rd down when they played so I would expect at least that far down) and if CHVRCHES have a new album out by then they seem a bit low. Switch those 2 names and I think it looks pretty decent (though tbh I don't expect CHVRCHES or 21P to return yet as they only played last year)

Paramore / Twenty One Pilots / Tyler, The Creator / Don Broco / Twin Atlantic / Marmozets / Beartooth / Basement / Milk Teeth 

The Kooks / Jack Garratt 

Skindred

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Vampire Weekend / Jack Garratt / Nothing But Thieves / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Creeper / The Amazons / Waterparks 

Dizzee Rascal / Jungle

Against Me! 

The Killers / The XX / Wolf Alice / Phoenix / Deaf Havana / Death From Above / The Neighbourhood / Fickle Friends / Idles

Panic! at the Disco / Anderson .Paak

Every Time I Die 

I don't rate these Dizzee shouts. I just don't think he'd get anyone at all to buy a ticket, if they want grime or hip-hop in a high slot why not someone relevant like Stormzy or Travis Scott who would sell tickets 

I could see Parkway and Bullet happening. Bugzy seems proper out of place there

Edited by Steve1000
  • Upvote 1

A years gap between playing is regular

But not really for people that high up is it? I expect most acts that size would tour on an album for 2 years and then spend a third writing/recording/promo concerts. Though I guess their last album did come out in 2015 so maybe? I dunno just didnt expect either back till 2019 and both of them locked in for subbing (maybe coheadliner for 21P if their album has a really god reception)

I don't rate these Dizzee shouts. I just don't think he'd get anyone at all to buy a ticket, if they want grime or hip-hop in a high slot why not someone relevant like Stormzy or Travis Scott who would sell tickets 

His last album was recieved pretty well so he kinda hits the nostalgia factor and the younger crowd. I agree he isnt a ticket seller, but hes kinda like two door, nobody is buying tickets for them but they will probably go see him if they have got tickets.

Plus, as someone who doesnt like hip-hop, he is a really good live act. Saw him support Muse a couple of years ago and really got the crowd hyped (which was suprising to me as everyone had sat through the 1975 who were opening). Thats why I kinda don't get the NME headline slot, I think 3rd down main is a much better place for him.

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore / Twenty One Pilots / Tyler, The Creator / Don Broco / Twin Atlantic / Marmozets / Beartooth / Basement / Milk Teeth 

The Kooks / Jack Garratt 

Skindred

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Vampire Weekend / Jack Garratt / Nothing But Thieves / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Creeper / The Amazons / Waterparks 

Dizzee Rascal / Jungle

Against Me! 

The Killers / The XX / Wolf Alice / Phoenix / Deaf Havana / Death From Above / The Neighbourhood / Fickle Friends / Idles

Every Time I Die 

are Skindred are to small to headline the pit/lockup? and I think they are a main stage band tbh.

Think i'm the only one who thinks RB are too small to headline, their last album was good but not as good as their 1st. Co head or Sub is what i'm going for.

Dizzee Rascal isn't really that relative at the moment? and therefore would be a wasted high slot IMO

Really hoping for Paramore / Arctic Monkeys / Foos

Just now, Andre91 said:

The Kooks / Jack Garratt 

Skindred

Dizzee Rascal / Jungle

Against Me! 

Every Time I Die 

Jack Garratt 2 days in a row? :P 

Edited by Mattymooz

Just now, callum97 said:

are Skindred are to small to headline the pit/lockup? and I think they are a main stage band tbh.

Think i'm the only one who thinks RB are too small to headline, their last album was good but not as good as their 1st. Co head or Sub is what i'm going for.

Dizzee Rascal isn't really that relative at the moment? and therefore would be a wasted high slot IMO

IMO their 2nd album was much better than their first. Their debut was cool as their sound is kinda unique, but imo it got kinda samey after a while. Their 2nd is a lot more diverse yet still keeps the same sound. I'm still not convinced they'll solo headline, but I'm kinda out of ideas of who could coheadline with them at this point

Edited by Mattymooz

5 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Royal Blood are bigger than Paramore. Doesn't matter if the album is good or not, it is big and they still are too.

And sooo many slots are wasted on irrelevant acts every year. :P

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Royal Blood are bigger than Paramore. Doesn't matter if the album is good or not, it is big and they still are too.

And sooo many slots are wasted on irrelevant acts every year. :P

Royal Blood are bigger than Paramore? Really? Not sure I agree with you on that one

and yes that is is true haha

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

IMO their 2nd album was much better than their first. Their debut was cool as their sound is kinda unique, but imo it got kinda samey after a while. Their 2nd is a lot more diverse yet still keeps the same sound. I'm still not convinced they'll solo headline, but I'm kinda out of ideas of who could coheadline with them at this point

Could see them Co headlining with BMTH but not sure when they are releasing new music.

Anyone considered QOTSA? tbh i could see Download snapping them up.

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

But not really for people that high up is it? I expect most acts that size would tour on an album for 2 years and then spend a third writing/recording/promo concerts. Though I guess their last album did come out in 2015 so maybe? I dunno just didnt expect either back till 2019 and both of them locked in for subbing (maybe coheadliner for 21P if their album has a really god reception)

His last album was recieved pretty well so he kinda hits the nostalgia factor and the younger crowd. I agree he isnt a ticket seller, but hes kinda like two door, nobody is buying tickets for them but they will probably go see him if they have got tickets.

Plus, as someone who doesnt like hip-hop, he is a really good live act. Saw him support Muse a couple of years ago and really got the crowd hyped (which was suprising to me as everyone had sat through the 1975 who were opening). Thats why I kinda don't get the NME headline slot, I think 3rd down main is a much better place for him.

wouldn't be too rare to have an album out 2016 then 2018, also paramore co-headlined 2 years after subbing. 

As for Dizzee, I swear he never played this high when he was relevant? 4th seems about right, and yeah no way would he get a big crowd against the Arctics

To me the singles from Royal Bloods new album sounded the same but worse. Dno if the albums better

wouldn't be too rare to have an album out 2016 then 2018, also paramore co-headlined 2 years after subbing. 

As for Dizzee, I swear he never played this high when he was relevant? 4th seems about right, and yeah no way would he get a big crowd against the Arctics

To me the singles from Royal Bloods new album sounded the same but worse. Dno if the albums better

Just like Two Door got a small crowd vs. RHCP. However I think they'll get a really decent showing this year. And tbh I think hes more relevant than KoRn so....

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Just like Two Door got a small crowd vs. RHCP. However I think they'll get a really decent showing this year. And tbh I think hes more relevant than KoRn so....

Korns a whole different can of worms tho, they still have a dedicated fan base who especially with that Eminem combo will snap up tickets. I doubt they'll get a big crowd, but they'll shift more tickets than Dizzee. 

None of Korn, Eminem, Muse, Fatboy, Liam, ATDI are particularly relevant but for 90s/ early 2000s kids like myself it's pretty great

• Upvote 1