Lineup 2018

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

BST seems likely, maybe Latitude, Bestival or maybe even Victorious, but I can't see them headlining R+L (given the other options). Unless they were to coheadline with Royal Blood (which I extremely doubt theyd accept)

Nah no way victorious. Maybe latitude and/or TRNSMT, could also see them being involved with that biggest weekend glasto replacement, wouldn't necessarily need to headline aswell  

Edited by Steve1000

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Has a band done earlier summer festivals with UK arena dates in the April before?

It seems unlikely. Though the only earlier summer one they coulda done anyway woulda been IOW and that's been ticked off. Pretty much crosses out BST and TRNSMT from happening though. I reckon they'll be around late summer and I've started to think R+L; Latitude's a possibility but they're still a very big band and Bestival (and Victorious lol) can't dream of getting close to them I don't think.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Actually drew this up yesterday based on thinking Arcade Fire. I promise I'm not gonna make one of these every time a headliner prediction changes. :P

READINGMOCK1.thumb.png.f770b25dd9b05ad8c01cacabec472573.png

Now this'd be very fucking good. Perhaps too good, starting to think people have already forgotten about how w*nk this year is and optimisms starting to seep through. 

Cant see it not being Foos though

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Now this'd be very fucking good. Perhaps too good, starting to think people have already forgotten about how w*nk this year is and optimisms starting to seep through. 

Cant see it not being Foos though

Heh, the optimism is coming from this year being having sod-all depth and not selling as quick because of it. Next year might see them take the opportunity to seize regular Glasto goers, but that could just be hope.

This is what I have as a prediction after that survey suggested Lorde as a potential sub (so features more alt-pop than I would normally have)... Headliners are still tricky. IMO its either Arctics, Paramore, Royal Blood or Killers. I can't see Foos coming back and doing R+L till 2019 imo.

2GFAUPu.png

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This is what I have as a prediction after that survey suggested Lorde as a potential sub (so features more alt-pop than I would normally have)... Headliners are still tricky. IMO its either Arctics, Paramore, Royal Blood or Killers. I can't see Foos coming back and doing R+L till 2019 imo.

2GFAUPu.png

Nah Lorde won't sub, she couldn't even sub V. I'd like it tho. Those headliners would be great for me 

Also Busted wouldn't come here

Edited by Steve1000

Paramore / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! at the Disco / Tyler, The Creator / Twin Atlantic 

The Kooks 

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Vampire Weekend / Don Broco / Nothing But Thieves 

Dizzee Rascal 

The Killers / The XX / Wolf Alice / Phoenix / Deaf Havana 

Enter Shikari

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Actually drew this up yesterday based on thinking Arcade Fire. I promise I'm not gonna make one of these every time a headliner prediction changes. :P

READINGMOCK1.thumb.png.f770b25dd9b05ad8c01cacabec472573.png

Are Vampire Weekend really gonna move up a slot at this point? I've not heard them talked about for a long time. 

Middle day is brilliant, pretty hideous Royal Blood day though. Arcade Fire v The Cribs would make me cry. 

Just now, Odessa said:

Are Vampire Weekend really gonna move up a slot at this point? I've not heard them talked about for a long time. 

Middle day is brilliant, pretty hideous Royal Blood day though. Arcade Fire v The Cribs would make me cry. 

Well they've been radio silent for years. They wouldn't really have been out of place as a sub last time and their last album did very well so I see a small nudge up as a possibility. Would say they're bigger than Tame Impala at this point, although admittedly TI have a better chance of growing.

Either

Royal blood  + someone indie (maybe the strokes or the 1975 if their abt) // Kendrick // Foo Fighters

Or 

Kendrick + Royal Blood // someone indie ( maybe Arcade fire, The Killers or Florence // Foos

theyre in a very good position when it comes to bumping new headliners atm

EDIT: maybe if Paramore agree to coheadline again that could work with Royal Blood

Edited by Steve1000

8 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Nah Lorde won't sub, she couldn't even sub V. I'd like it tho. Those headliners would be great for me 

Also Busted wouldn't come here

TBH I had Lorde in 3rd and Wombats would have been 4th down but considering the lineup for this year I bumped both up a slot. (Plus I had had Skepta in that slot and tbh I thinking that he may not be back till 2019 anyways now). Also as Wombats subbed at Community and really got the crowd pumped I could easily see them up that high if their next album is good.

And I don't think Busted would be that ridiculous, I think they'd easily draw a fairly large crowd as they will hit the nostalgia for the pre A-Level crew. (though headlining that stage may be a bit too high)

EDIT: Also kinda unsure on mine as I think they'll try and include more female talent after the backlash this year

Edited by Mattymooz

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

And I don't think Busted would be that ridiculous, I think they'd easily draw a fairly large crowd as they will hit the nostalgia for the pre A-Level crew. (though headlining that stage may be a bit too high)

EDIT: Also kinda unsure on mine as I think they'll try and include more female talent after the backlash this year

Theres been a backlash about the lack of women on the bill as far back as I can remember.

And Busted would be pretty ridiculous, yeah. They pretty much do family festivals and novelty slots for a nostalgia kick for peeps in their twenties or so.

I don't imagine school leavers now have that much awareness of Busted given that they initially split up twelve years ago. Besides, nostalgia sells for people who want to transport back to being 16, rather than for 16 year olds that want to remember life as an embryo

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Theres been a backlash about the lack of women on the bill as far back as I can remember.

And Busted would be pretty ridiculous, yeah. They pretty much do family festivals and novelty slots for a nostalgia kick for peeps in their twenties or so.

I don't imagine school leavers now have that much awareness of Busted given that they initially split up twelve years ago. Besides, nostalgia sells for people who want to transport back to being 16, rather than for 16 year olds that want to remember life as an embryo

I think you underestimate the amount of people who have grown up listening to Busted at school discos etc. Who have always wanted to see them live but have never had the opportunity to see them live. Heck even people my sister went nuts when McBusted went on tour and she was 15 at the time...

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think you underestimate the amount of people who have grown up listening to Busted at school discos etc. Who have always wanted to see them live but have never had the opportunity to see them live. Heck even people my sister went nuts when McBusted went on tour and she was 15 at the time...

Don't get me wrong, I imagine their entire crowd consists of people who listened to them at school discos. I just don't believe they were being played at school discos in 2014. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Don't get me wrong, I imagine their entire crowd consists of people who listened to them at school discos. I just don't believe they were being played at school discos in 2014. :lol:

Probably not, but most school discos are in primary school (aged 7 to 11) so people aged 16 now were at school discos in 2008 to 2012. Busted broke up in what, 2006 ish? So I can easily see it being played in that situation.