Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Tbh, I can't see the usual glasto goers thinking that foos is a main ticket seller considering they saw them this year

True but nevertheless they'll undoubtedly draw a massive crowd and offer the people who didn't get a glasto ticket before they sold out a chance to see them. Just seems like the timings right for them to return and with new material theyll most likely do a UK festival.

Yeah I think the Foos are the safest shout - a good 6 years since their last set as well so it's a good booking.

I think the Arctic Monkeys might play their own shows or none at all - definitely the type of band to wait until Glastonbury to release new material.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think the Arctic Monkeys might play their own shows or none at all - definitely the type of band to wait until Glastonbury to release new material.

Don't know why but I've just got a feeling that glasto are gonna wait till 2020 (50th anniversary) to book arctic monkeys given how huge they are

56 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Don't know why but I've just got a feeling that glasto are gonna wait till 2020 (50th anniversary) to book arctic monkeys given how huge they are

Yup, given they are the one that sticks out other than Coldplay for me, their British success probably lends a hand to Glasto wanting them and the band themselves are as happy as Muse to play it. Arctics and Blur would be my 1st bet, I think The Killers need to do it in 2019 and take next year off to keep people wanting it.

Killers, Mac and Gaga would be a bet for 19 but I think Gaga will only just be big enough for it, given FM though it would still be big. 

14 hours ago, KingPin said:

YMAS are headlining the NME this year....Their 'secret' set last year was ace, doubt they'll be any good headlining the NME after their latest crap album.

Oh yeah it is lol. Yeah heard the album was trash. Haven't listened to it myself but haven't care about YMAS since 2012 so no point to listen to it. Don't think their tour sold particularly well either

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Well their working on it now (think they confirmed that this Christmas) and I seriously don't seem them waiting 2 years to release anything just for Glasto. Arctics are certainly big enough where they could release anything at anytime and it would sell extremely well so I don't see why they'd hold out just for Glasto. Even if you were right I could still see doing R&L on a pre album build up and then do Glasto in 2019. Anyway Glasto seems to have gone past the needing to get bands on their first leg of albums tours with Radiohead this year and Muse last year so I don't know what Arctics or Glasto would gain from it

Edited by justanothername

Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters. Thought Foos may wait until 2019 but with the album being out this year I think they'll get em next year. Guess there's a chance of them doing stadiums next year and R&L the following year. Would have said the same about Arctic Monkeys but I think they're the easiest shout for Glasto 19.

I'm shocked that we haven't seen Florence and the Machine headline yet, especially considering the push for female acts at UK festivals. I could see them headlining Reading off the back of their next album which I assume will be either next year or the year after. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Interesting to not see foo fighters predicted much

Reading seem to always nab a headliner from glasto before - and seeing as the foos have an album out later this year this surely feels like the perfect time for them to return to reading?

A lot of people seem to think Royal Blood and Paramore will be two of the three headliners and if that does happen, realistically there'll need to be a headliner that will be more appealing to the Indie crowd.

13 minutes ago, VCK said:

A lot of people seem to think Royal Blood and Paramore will be two of the three headliners and if that does happen, realistically there'll need to be a headliner that will be more appealing to the Indie crowd.

Or anyone over the age of 18. 

• Downvote 3

I went out to the local indie club last night, rammed to the rafters. All the 'younger generation' (I.e. My age) had a rapturous reaction to James, Stone Roses, T. Rex, The Strokes and the Killers. That puts to bed.any suggestion that 'the younger generation' doesn't listen to these bands, and is oblivious to anything pre-Coldplay 'Paradise'. 

15 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

I went out to the local indie club last night, rammed to the rafters. All the 'younger generation' (I.e. My age) had a rapturous reaction to James, Stone Roses, T. Rex, The Strokes and the Killers. That puts to bed.any suggestion that 'the younger generation' doesn't listen to these bands, and is oblivious to anything pre-Coldplay 'Paradise'. 

A lot of them were most likely alive when The Killers and the Strokes were at their prime, Stone Roses are a big enough band for kids to know their songs, and if it's song like 'Sit Down' then course they would all know it because it's a massive fucking anthem. Obviously they will know some but I don't think that proves that Lionel Richie or some shite should get booked

21 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

A lot of teenagers have jumped on the Roses reunion bandwagon so it isn't that big a deal. Last Nite and Mr Brightside get played at indie clubs every week, so of course they'll be familiar with that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I'm shocked that we haven't seen Florence and the Machine headline yet, especially considering the push for female acts at UK festivals. I could see them headlining Reading off the back of their next album which I assume will be either next year or the year after. 

Yeah I agree with that. I don't think there's anywhere else for them to play and they're still a big enough band to be on R+L's hitlist to headline. I'd be all over that too with a good undercard.

I would hope they don't get lumped into a coheadline fixture with some trash but with all the major acts touring and the lack of festivals next summer it's a possibility, but it's still a headline slot I guess so no bother really.

Foo Fighters

Prophets of Rage

NME: Stormzy

The 1975

The XX

NME: some dance crap that's popular today with da yoof

Guns N Roses

The National

NME: Blossoms

Lock Up: Jawbreaker

• Downvote 2

First one of these so here goes 

Royal Blood + Catfish and the Bottlemen 

Boy Better Know 

NME- The kooks

(1xtra- Joey Bada$$/ Logic)

The Killers

Chance the rapper

NME- Run the Jewels

Foo Fighters/ Arctic Monkeys

21 pilots

NME- Vampire Weekend/ The wombats

Edited by MIchael_scarn

7 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

First one of these so here goes 

Royal Blood + Catfish and the Bottlemen 

Boy Better Know 

NME- The kooks

(1xtra- Joey Bada$$/ Logic)

The Killers

Chance the rapper

NME- Run the Jewels

Foo Fighters/ Arctic Monkeys

21 pilots

NME- Vampire Weekend/ The wombats

Please never suggest a Killers/RTJ clash again. Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Nobody thought Imagine Dragons are in for a shout next yr? 

Headlining, no way in hell. I had no idea they had released a new album (AGAIN) until I saw a poster at a tube station at the weekend. They're on the way down for sure.