Lineup 2018

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I think they appeal to younger people way more than RHCP do (especially Hot Fuss songs, heck Mr Brightside is still in the top 100 charts). I think it kinda depends on the reception of their new music, which so far has been relatively positive AFAIK but I haven't really heard much of the new song on the radio at all.

Even so, just looking at their reception at Glasto is very promising for them

Agreed that their new stuff isn't on the radio, but then when was the last time you heard Muse on the radio? They seem to be one of those bands, like Muse/Radiohead/RHCP, they're rarely played on the radio yet still draw massive crowds for headline sets. 

8 minutes ago, VCK said:

As I've said many times, the younger crowd are more knowledgable about music from before their time (feels weird saying that about The Killers) than people on here give them credit for.

The Killers were still big when the younger crowd were alive though so will have the nostalgia factor, and huge bands like oasis, chillis etc were big enough they still get a shite load of radio 1 airplay, so I'd say it depends on the band, don;t think thats the case for someone like Pulp though. Also songs like Wonderwall and Mr Brightside are all British anthems that they all will know, and future generations will also know. 

Change my prediction a bit after watching glasto.

MAIN: Royal Blood, Wolf Alice, The Wombats
NME: Jamie T, White Lies

MAIN: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, The Kooks
NME: Stormzy, The Amazons

MAIN: The Killers, Catfish, London Grammar
NME: Enter Shikari, Slaves 

Edited by AdamJansson88
  • Upvote 1

The Killers, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood

The only issue there is all of those played Glasto this year. Wouldn't put it past R&L, but it does make it a bit weaker. Possibly substitute Kanye for either The Killers or Foo Fighters.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Killers, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood

The only issue there is all of those played Glasto this year. Wouldn't put it past R&L, but it does make it a bit weaker. Possibly substitute Kanye for either The Killers or Foo Fighters.

Yeah I was possibly thinking of putting Florence in for the killers but I think the killers would go down better. It's just if it's royal Blood and foo's, there needs to be a more indie/less heavy headliner or a heavy indie presence on the undercard 

Main: The Killers // Twenty One Pilots // Childish Gambino

NME: Enter Shikari // Mac DeMarco

Main: Royal Blood // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Stormzy

NME: Annie Mac // Jack Garratt

Main: Foo Fighters // Wolf Alice // Thirty Seconds to Mars

NME: Vampire Weekend // Schoolboy Q

25 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Why are people rating Foos as really likely for next year? They're kinda around all the time and next year there are so many bigger acts who don't tour very frequently that I thought would be way more likely to headline...

Ok go on then I'll bite, who's around that's bigger than the Foos?

5 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Ok go on then I'll bite, who's around that's bigger than the Foos?

That was just me with bad phrasing, I just meant big acts not bigger lol. But stuff like Arctics who only play on album cycles or Killers who have had a long hiatus both seem more likely than Foos to me. It's not like this year where afaik there weren't that many big albums coming out so the headliners make more sense....

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

That was just me with bad phrasing, I just meant big acts not bigger lol. But stuff like Arctics who only play on album cycles or Killers who have had a long hiatus both seem more likely than Foos to me. It's not like this year where afaik there weren't that many big albums coming out so the headliners make more sense....

Foos would be the biggest ticket seller out of the lot, love the festival, new album and it's been 6 years since they last played. Seems like a no brainer to me TBH. The killers are no where near the size of Foos and the only reason they're getting talked about is because people enjoyed their secret set at Glastonbury.

2 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Foos would be the biggest ticket seller out of the lot, love the festival, new album and it's been 6 years since they last played. Seems like a no brainer to me TBH. The killers are no where near the size of Foos and the only reason they're getting talked about is because people enjoyed their secret set at Glastonbury.

I mean, did anyone care about their last new album?.... I just feel as though they're a solid act that you can pull out on a year where there isn't a lot going on.

And The Killers aint the same size but they're still a massive band with a ton of classics that lots of the younger generation would recognise. Heck, Mr Brightside is still in the charts (no. 83 this week)....

On top of this, people are predicitng them headlining with Royal Blood headlining another day, which would be such a heavy set of headliners (and imo a very one dimensional set of headliners) compared to what R+L have been aiming for in recent years.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I mean, did anyone care about their last new album?.... I just feel as though they're a solid act that you can pull out on a year where there isn't a lot going on.

And The Killers aint the same size but they're still a massive band with a ton of classics that lots of the younger generation would recognise. Heck, Mr Brightside is still in the charts (no. 83 this week)....

On top of this, people are predicitng them headlining with Royal Blood headlining another day, which would be such a heavy set of headliners (and imo a very one dimensional set of headliners) compared to what R+L have been aiming for in recent years.

They still sold out mutliple stadium dates of the last album....Something the others have never done. When the Foos are available they're the first band booked dude. I think you're underestimating their pulling power tbh.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Why are people rating Foos as really likely for next year? They're kinda around all the time and next year there are so many bigger acts who don't tour very frequently that I thought would be way more likely to headline...

They are literally the biggest act they could realistically book and has anyone given a shite about the past however many Killers albums? Also they tend to get Glasto headliners the year after

• Upvote 1

Don't see Royal Blood headlining outright, they are good but 7 times doing that same guitar riff because they can't fill a 1 hr set with music and crowd banter?, stage presence I agree. They didn't even touch Biffy though, the league difference in a show was a mile away from each other.