Lineup 2018

Just now, VCK said:

I guess, but Gorillaz headlined Glastonbury the year after Blur did.

But yeah if Damon is still doing stuff with Gorillaz late on in the year it doesn't look too likely.

It's a common argument on here for why certain artists won't get booked to play. I've even seen people claim that none of the younger crowd will be familiar with The Stone Roses, when their songs always get played at Indie nights and there was a lot of young people in the crowd at Heaton Park.

I know what you mean but I've never heard anyone say "da kidz" who has ever actually been a kid. :lol:

1 hour ago, stevieg1993 said:

Even if royal blood played all there first and second album it probably be less than hour and half. 

It would be just over an hour and they hardly have a bad song so I wouldn't complain. Perhaps if they played a couple of new singles next year and extended a few of their songs when playing live they could stretch it to be longer. You are right though, it could be an issue for them headlining outright next year.

16 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Even if royal blood played all there first and second album it probably be less than hour and half. 

Saw them yesterday, they made 10 songs last 50-55 minutes, including B-sides they have 24 songs released. That's plenty of material to get them through an hour and a half set judging by that set.

5 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Saw them yesterday, they made 10 songs last 50-55 minutes, including B-sides they have 24 songs released. That's plenty of material to get them through an hour and a half set judging by that set.

Yeah they played 50 minutes at Reading 2015 and about an hour on their first album tour I believe so they'll easily manage.

15 minutes ago, VCK said:

I wonder how The Darkness and The Strokes managed on just one album.

Fireworks, covers and crowd interaction (leading chants) for the first one.

21 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I think Paramore are nailed on for next year.

I don't see why everyone's so certain about that. Foos, arctics, green day should all be about, and Kendrick and royal blood would probably go down equally as well as paramore, if not better, and they're new headliners. It's not as if the new album was hugely successful anyway. There will be plenty of more appealing headliners

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I think Paramore are nailed on for next year.

Aye....BST could be a shout but this more likely

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't see why everyone's so certain about that. Foos, arctics, green day should all be about, and Kendrick and royal blood would probably go down equally as well as paramore, if not better, and they're new headliners. It's not as if the new album was hugely successful anyway. There will be plenty of more appealing headliners

Nor was one of the headliners albums last year.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nor was one of the headliners albums last year.

Chillis dont need a big album. Foals and FOB did well enough and it's not as if biffy were the first choice. I know fuck all about disclosure so can't comment on that. Anyways I'm not saying they can't headline, they could and I'd be very happy, but I doubt they're as definite as everyone thinks

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Green Day can fuck off into the dustbin of history where they belong, Arctics can do stadiums or Hyde Park, Florence can play V or something, leaving Foos and Paramore to headline outright with Kendrick and the Royal Bloods to co-headline the other night. That'd be more or less as big as this year's trio overall, and with relevant acts instead of shitty Muse and Eminem. Super.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Green Day can fuck off into the dustbin of history where they belong, Arctics can do stadiums or Hyde Park, Florence can play V or something, leaving Foos and Paramore to headline outright with Kendrick and the Royal Bloods to co-headline the other night. That'd be more or less as big as this year's trio overall, and with relevant acts instead of shitty Muse and Eminem. Super.

Royal Blood and Kendrick are both probably bigger than Paramore nowadays. They'd fare better if they removed Paramore and split those two among the days.

Also are you really claiming Foos to be relevant? After Sonic Highways I think any chance of that is gone. :P

Edited by dentalplan

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Royal Blood and Kendrick are both probably bigger than Paramore nowadays. They'd fare better if they removed Paramore and split those two among the days.

no thank you, Royal Blood headlining outright would be boring for everyone concerned 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Also are you really claiming Foos to be relevant? After Sonic Highways I think any chance of that is gone. :P

not at all :P soz. Paramore/The Bloods/Kendrick as relevant acts instead of Eminem and Muse. Foos are on the way down like Kasabian (albeit still massively bigger than them)

Edited by Zac Quinn

33 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Paramore aren't emo anymore, if they ever were. The support acts on their last proper UK tour were Charli XCX and Eliza and the Bear.. :P

Really, Charlie XCX? Christ. Anyways I still think the majority of their fans are the kerrang type so that day at BST would sell the best. I think they should be paired in some way with 21 Pilots where ever they are, works for your emos and your poppers

Edited by Steve1000
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I'd agree their fanbase is still rooted in peeps who like their old pop-punk stuff. I feel like this album has gone over the best in indie circles really, obviously because all their songs sound like <indie pop band>. They could probably swing a BST gig with support from someone like Weezer who have permanent indie cred as well. Alternatively, 21P or PATD would work.

Edited by dentalplan