Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It isn't going to get a shitload of airplay anywhere other than Kerrang, as Odessa said, and will not make them relevant enough to the R&L audience to headline the festival after subbing it 4 years ago.

I doubt they'd even be booked now.

I don't even think they'd be booked but it's possible, and I do think they could co-head

I heard the devil in I on radio 1 a surprising number of times anyways

9 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't even think they'd be booked but it's possible, and I do think they could co-head

I heard the devil in I on radio 1 a surprising number of times anyways

There is no chance they'll accept below a headliner at Reading now as Copping was pissed at them for taking sub two years after Download headline and it appears they only just maintained that stance for him in his eyes.

There is only a fraction of chance they would get it too.

I think BMTH would choose Co-headline at Reading over topping outright at Download because they've pissed them about so these and RB, FF and Paramore is my current shout.

49 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think BMTH would choose Co-headline at Reading over topping outright at Download because they've pissed them about so these and RB, FF and Paramore is my current shout.

Too rock focused imo. If this year sells well I'm sure they'll splash the cash at arctics and foos

11 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Too rock focused imo. If this year sells well I'm sure they'll splash the cash at arctics and foos

So you say too rock focused and suggest Arctics and Foo's?. If they have them then RB co-headlining with similar is quite likely so what's the difference?

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So you say too rock focused and suggest Arctics and Foo's?. If they have them then RB co-headlining with similar is quite likely so what's the difference?

All them could headline download (Paramore admittedly at a push), but arctics cant

23 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Fair enough mate worded it poorly. Think royal blood would be good with arctics and foos as they sort of bridge the gap between the two sets of fans

I agree with you on it tbf. They all appeal to the alternative/Kerrang! side of R&L, and it ignores the massive indie rock/mainstream portions of the R&L audience. I think they'll go all out for Arctic Monkeys.

If they manage to bag Arctic Monkeys and Foos in one year then fair fucks to them. Biggest two bands they could probably book.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, AdamJansson88 said:

Main: Courteeners, Catfish, ADTR

NME: Enter Shikari

Main: Arctic Monkeys, Wolf Alice, Vampire Weekend

NME: Jamie T

Main: Royal Blood, Slaves, The Wombats

NME: The Vaccines 

Courteeners aren't headline sized and never will be.

Wolf Alice are nowhere near sub size and would definitely play before Vampire Weekend.

Slaves would be lucky to be third top on main, let alone subbing.

As for The Wombats they've played the last two years on the trot in much lower positions and they aren't exactly on the up, no chance of them being that high on main.

Line-ups seem to get harder to predict by the year, a combination of me getting older and being less and less in touch with what's popular, and the fact that there's always a chance of something like Blossoms happening. Who'd have predicted them to be 3rd on the Main Stage this time last year?

So I'll just go with:

Paramore
Twenty One Pilots
Enter Shikari

Kings Of Leon
Catfish And The Bottlemen
Wolf Alice

Royal Blood
System Of A Down
Stormzy

Friday:

Royal blood/Catfish and the bottlemen (coalition) / Vampire weekend / Brand new (last UK show) / Don broco / The hunna / Highly suspect / Creeper / Counterfeit

NME: Martin garrix / Schoolboy q

Saturday:

Foo fighters / Pendulum / Wolf alice / Zack de la rocha / Neck deep / The amazons / Cabbage / Turnover / Boston manor

NME: The vaccines / Jack garratt

Sunday:

Paramore / Stormzy / Enter shikari / Cage the elephant / Nothing but thieves / Beartooth / Basement / Waterparks / Vukovi

NME: Childish gambino / London grammar

Yeah this isn't gonna be their final tour for this album when it's only just been plotted for three months away. Not sure how much bigger but they'll definitely do bigger shows in the new year. But even regardless of all this I think they'll definitely sub - they've been giving the benefit of the doubt to rising UK acts for years wrt their placing so yeah I don't see it being different here.

Edited by dentalplan

Any chance of Blur? If Damon isn't still busy with Gorillaz. They seem to tour every three years, '09, '12, and '15 so if there actually is a pattern here it wouldn't surprise me if they did some stuff next year. If Paramore and Royal Blood headline they'd add a nice bit of balance, being the long established headliner that appeals to the Indie crowd.

Inb4 "they released their debut album before 2010 though so da kidz won't have heard of them!", everyone knows Parklife and Song 2.

18 minutes ago, VCK said:

Any chance of Blur? If Damon isn't still busy with Gorillaz. They seem to tour every three years, '09, '12, and '15 so if there actually is a pattern here it wouldn't surprise me if they did some stuff next year. If Paramore and Royal Blood headline they'd add a nice bit of balance, being the long established headliner that appeals to the Indie crowd.

Inb4 "they released their debut album before 2010 though so da kidz won't have heard of them!", everyone knows Parklife and Song 2.

not as bad a shout as Courteeners but I don't see it, really. Gorillaz are touring right up until Christmas, so even if Blur is next on Damon's 'rotation' they probably won't have a new album ready to tour as soon as next August. More likely for Glastonbury 2019 imo.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

not as bad a shout as Courteeners but I don't see it, really. Gorillaz are touring right up until Christmas, so even if Blur is next on Damon's 'rotation' they probably won't have a new album ready to tour as soon as next August. More likely for Glastonbury 2019 imo.

I guess, but Gorillaz headlined Glastonbury the year after Blur did.

But yeah if Damon is still doing stuff with Gorillaz late on in the year it doesn't look too likely.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Were you born middle-aged?

It's a common argument on here for why certain artists won't get booked to play. I've even seen people claim that none of the younger crowd will be familiar with The Stone Roses, when their songs always get played at Indie nights and there was a lot of young people in the crowd at Heaton Park.