Lineup 2018

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

SOAD not having released an album yet is weird considering they're headlining Download/other festivals. Surely they're not just gonna do all the old stuff again? 

are they big enough in the metal community to 'do a Kendrick' and drop it just before the set and still have the crowd in the palm of their hand whilst playing it more-or-less in full? idk it feels like the 'traditional' way of releasing albums is dead now, it can only be a matter of time before a band plays a headline set full of new songs and then releases the album whilst on stage

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

are they big enough in the metal community to 'do a Kendrick' and drop it just before the set and still have the crowd in the palm of their hand whilst playing it more-or-less in full? idk it feels like the 'traditional' way of releasing albums is dead now, it can only be a matter of time before a band plays a headline set full of new songs and then releases the album whilst on stage

Coldplay (sorry) did that way back in 2002 for Glastonbury and honestly one of the best gigs they have ever done. Went down a treat. 

3 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Tbf didn't they do that with Toxicity at Reading?

4 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

They can't release the album just before every set of the tour neffew. And, by and large, the metal community isn't really heralded for a collective embrace of new stuff. Metallica - biggest metal outfit there ever was or will be - are out there playing equal amounts off the newie and the Black Album. Pretty much why SOAD will be fine to just come back for a third tour with nothing new to offer.

13 hours ago, dylangraham said:

Paramore
Catfish & the Bottlemen

Royal Blood
Stormzy

Kendrick Lamar

Tame Impala

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Stormy Subbing??? I mean he's had a good year but I'm not sure it's been that good

Third down at least I reckon or subbing co-headliners 

Paramore // Lorde // Enter Shikari // Weezer // The Amazons // Beartooth // Cabbage //
Stormzy // Wretch 32 // 

Ed Sheeran  // CATB // London Gramma // Rise Against // Twin Atlantic // The Hunna // Bury Tomorrow 
Galantis closing set // ADTR // Neck Deep

Royal Blood/21P // Frank Ocean // Rag n Bone Man // Don Brocco // Halestorm 
Wolf Alice // Nothing but Thieves

2019 - 1975/Florence, Foo, MCR

Bring on the hate aha

Just now, OscarEB said:
Paramore // Lorde // Enter Shikari // Weezer // The Amazons // Beartooth // Cabbage //
Stormzy // Wretch 32 // 

Ed Sheeran  // CATB // London Gramma // Rise Against // Twin Atlantic // The Hunna // Bury Tomorrow 

Bring on the hate aha

I mean a lot of it aint bad but damn Ed Sheeran and TOP in the same year? It's gonna be bad enough if just one of them headlines :P A lot of the rest I love the, Amazons doing well, Halestorm, NBT plus I kinda dig Lorde (though I can't see her doing R+L as she's always only done Glasto in the UK).

And do you really think Flo is gonna co-headline again next time around? Surely they'll be big enough by then to solo headline

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean a lot of it aint bad but damn Ed Sheeran and TOP in the same year? It's gonna be bad enough if just one of them headlines :P A lot of the rest I love the, Amazons doing well, Halestorm, NBT plus I kinda dig Lorde (though I can't see her doing R+L as she's always only done Glasto in the UK).

And do you really think Flo is gonna co-headline again next time around? Surely they'll be big enough by then to solo headline

Florence has only ever subbed hasn't she? Definitely could outright headline, but I wanted to get 1975 in as well. Oh I'd love for TOP to never return but I had to face that they will be

Just now, OscarEB said:

Florence has only ever subbed hasn't she? Definitely could outright headline, but I wanted to get 1975 in as well. Oh I'd love for TOP to never return but I had to face that they will be

Florence headlined Glasto on the last album if I'm not mistaken.

And tbh I kinda hope TOP have peaked, and will just start falling from here lol. Even if they haven't I would still put them at CATB or Bastille size, not headlining

On 5/17/2017 at 6:41 PM, Mattymooz said:

TBH If I had to rank the tracks it would go:

BEST
Fake Happy
Hard Times
Caught In The Middle
Pool
Rose-Coloured Boy
Idle Worship
Tell Me How
Told You So
Grudges
Forgiveness
No Friend
WORST

In saying that I'm not sure just taking the top 5/6 songs from this would be that good of a setlist. Rose-Coloured Boy makes sense to play as does Hard Times (as they're both singles). I don't know but I think Told You So was just a promotional single?

It also makes sense to only do one of the 3 ballads (26, Tell Me How & Forgiveness)

I really can't stand the lyrics in Fake Happy, can't help but cringe during that song. It has a nice tune to it though. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, OscarEB said:
Stormzy // Wretch 32 // 

Bring on the hate aha

Is this serious? I don't think I've ever seen worse placements in a predication :P 

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Florence headlined Glasto on the last album if I'm not mistaken.

And tbh I kinda hope TOP have peaked, and will just start falling from here lol. Even if they haven't I would still put them at CATB or Bastille size, not headlining

Only after the leg injury. And yeah hopefully we've seen the last of TOP but I think they'll keep rising. 

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Is this serious? I don't think I've ever seen worse placements in a predication :P 

I have feelings you know

On 5/17/2017 at 7:52 PM, FloorFiller said:

SOAD not having released an album yet is weird considering they're headlining Download/other festivals. Surely they're not just gonna do all the old stuff again? 

Yep. People like and want it. They're consistently the most requested act to headline Download. Better than filling the set with weak new stuff a la Muse. I don't know what has happened to the new album, it was promised but seems to have become as mythical as the new Tool album.

47 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

probably 2019 for The 1975, then

Yeah makes the most sense with them still touring ILIWYS. I know Healy keeps saying they're gonna have music out this year but I imagine that's just a target.

18 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Kanye West is going to headline at some point isn't he?

We've been hoping so for long enough. Makes too much sense.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah makes the most sense with them still touring ILIWYS. I know Healy keeps saying they're gonna have music out this year but I imagine that's just a target.

The gap between their last album cycles was pretty short - they started up with that 'June 1st' stuff within weeks of finishing touring the debut  - so it's entirely reasonable that they'd want a more substantial break this time before heading out on the road again