Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, stevieg1993 said:

Royal Blood have announced there arena tour for October\November this year. Surely if it all sells well they'll be headlining next year or Co-Headlining for that matter. 

Yep, pretty much as expected - arena tour before inevitable headline slot. Don't expect it to sell amazingly quick but they should do a decent go of it.

There are a lot of bands being thrown into contention that we're putting our chips behind every time they announce something but I can't see Royal Blood not being part of the headline setup. British, crossover between rock and indie fans, and kinda sanitised; they're practically the perfect R+L headliner.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep, pretty much as expected - arena tour before inevitable headline slot. Don't expect it to sell amazingly quick but they should do a decent go of it.

There are a lot of bands being thrown into contention that we're putting our chips behind every time they announce something but I can't see Royal Blood not being part of the headline setup. British, crossover between rock and indie fans, and kinda sanitised; they're practically the perfect R+L headliner.

I'm still sticking with RB and BMTH co-headline for 2018

3 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

I'm still sticking with RB and BMTH co-headline for 2018

Yeah it's possible. I'm of the opinion that coheadliners are borne out of circumstance more so than size, and there are a shit-tonne of headliners in the mix for next year so smaller ones may have to settle. It seems a bit too soon after the same double-bill in 2015 and Oli Sykes said something against sharing a headline slot but I certainly don't see how he could whinge about being a coheadliner if they're the smaller of the two. :lol:

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's possible. I'm of the opinion that coheadliners are borne out of circumstance more so than size, and there are a shit-tonne of headliners in the mix for next year so smaller ones may have to settle. It seems a bit too soon after the same double-bill in 2015 and Oli Sykes said something against sharing a headline slot but I certainly don't see how he could whinge about being a coheadliner if they're the smaller of the two. :lol:

Exactly this. Next year is a real opportunity for R&L to compete with the rest of Europe on massive headliners. I hope they don't miss that chance and go the route of V Festival, IoW etc.

I think, considering the large amounts of potential R&L headliners seemingly around next year, and the lack of Download headliners in general, they'll probably stick BMTH on at Download instead. That Avalanche stage looks a good start at appealing to a younger crowd, which they surely need to be doing as the old headliners begin to die out, so following that up with new headliners like BMTH is probably a good idea for them. Could see them sticking someone like Twenty One Pilots on before them, too.

To mention someone else that people are predicting for R&L, I think Kendrick will end up at Wireless for similar reasons to the above. Wireless is more in need of headliners at this stage than R&L imo so they'd be wiser to put him on there.

For R&L I say Royal Blood (with The 1975 if they're back on the road with a new album next Summer, headlining outright if not), Paramore and one of Arctic Monkeys/Foos (leaning towards Arctic Monkeys atm).

Royal Blood / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice

Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / The Kooks

Paramore / Boy Better Know / Panic! at the Disco

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Bring Me The Horizon & Royal Blood, Kendrick Lamar and Paramore would be a great set of headliners.

No way would that combo ever happen. Three first time headliners and a band who have never headlined outright in the same year? No chance. 

I'm going for: Paramore, Royal Blood & Arctic Monkeys. 

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No way would that combo ever happen. Three first time headliners and a band who have never headlined outright in the same year? No chance. 

I'm going for: Paramore, Royal Blood & Arctic Monkeys. 

In that case we can be pretty much assured that those 3 won't happen. 

I think with BMTH it depends on when they start the new album cycle. There doesn't seem to be any signs of it coming any time soon, but if they haven't really announced anything by the end of the year, I'd be surprised if they ended up headlining anywhere. Surely even Copping wouldn't book them unless he knew there was an album coming, although I suppose he did it with System of a Down.

I think it'd have to be out months before R+L announced them. Download they could probably settle for it being announced or even just promised before the festival, seeing as they didn't play on the tour for That's The Spirit.

I'd forgotten SOAD were meant to have an album out. Wonder if that means they're likely to come back to Europe next summer when it's actually out.

TBH I expect Download an album announcement next year with R+L headline the year after if the download set is recieved well (and if not, co-headline with someone).

Next year I'm pretty sure it'll be paramore, royal blood maybe with a co-headline, and then a big established act e.g. Foos, Arctics, Killers etc.

Are SOAD that much of a R+L band anymore? Would expect them more to do Download if they are back....

On 12/05/2017 at 6:51 PM, Mattymooz said:

So, thinking about what songs from After Laughter would be in the setlist. Current guess would be:

- Hard Times
- Told You So
- Fake Happy
- Idle Worship
- Tell Me How

I kinda think Caught In The Middle would be pretty dope live too but I doubt that'll be in there. Rose-Colored Boy is also maybe a potential addition (or maybe swap out Tell Me How if they don't want the ballad)

Rose Colored Boy is apparently the next single. But it should be a certainty anyway, best thing on there by miles. Also Caught In The Middle and Grudges, both absolute jams. Honestly though, most of the album is corking, so as long as they don't waste four minutes on Forgiveness I'm good.

TBH If I had to rank the tracks it would go:

BEST
Fake Happy
Hard Times
Caught In The Middle
Pool
Rose-Coloured Boy
Idle Worship
Tell Me How
Told You So
Grudges
Forgiveness
No Friend
WORST

In saying that I'm not sure just taking the top 5/6 songs from this would be that good of a setlist. Rose-Coloured Boy makes sense to play as does Hard Times (as they're both singles). I don't know but I think Told You So was just a promotional single?

It also makes sense to only do one of the 3 ballads (26, Tell Me How & Forgiveness)

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I expect Download an album announcement next year with R+L headline the year after if the download set is recieved well (and if not, co-headline with someone).

Next year I'm pretty sure it'll be paramore, royal blood maybe with a co-headline, and then a big established act e.g. Foos, Arctics, Killers etc.

Are SOAD that much of a R+L band anymore? Would expect them more to do Download if they are back....

I'm inclined to agreed with Paramore, Royal Blood co-headline.....I'm pretty sure they won't be headlining outright, could be wrong, and FF. BMTH if they agreed to co-headline and a new album is ready, if not then the following year outright.

SOAD are playing Download this year.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH If I had to rank the tracks it would go:

BEST
Fake Happy
Hard Times
Caught In The Middle
Pool
Rose-Coloured Boy
Idle Worship
Tell Me How
Told You So
Grudges
Forgiveness
No Friend
WORST

In saying that I'm not sure just taking the top 5/6 songs from this would be that good of a setlist. Rose-Coloured Boy makes sense to play as does Hard Times (as they're both singles). I don't know but I think Told You So was just a promotional single?

It also makes sense to only do one of the 3 ballads (26, Tell Me How & Forgiveness)

Fake Happy is defo the one that I didn't feel like I'd be pissed if it stopped.

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

ah no man, that chorus gives me life :(

sorry man! I put that totally wrong, Fake Happy was the one that I was happy to listen to because it didn't sound so much like the rest.

tbh though there was another one in the top 6 and I think after the 1st 7 I had to stop the record to do something and I haven't played it again.

Edited by thewayiam