Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Does anybody really care about vampire weekend any more?

Yes I believe so.

They don't seem to have dropped off or anything but at the same time there isn't really anything to push them up bills. Just kinda plateaued. I could perhaps see them slipping into a sub slot just because of longevity but they're not headlining.

• Upvote 1

The strangest thing about this Kooks revival is that I don't think anyone cared about their last two albums, did they? It's not like they've just reformed which while it'd still seem strange would make a bit more sense, they've just kept plodding along with decreasing success until the last year where they've suddenly became a big deal again. 

Looking forward to a night of mid 00s indie nostalgia next year with The Kooks subbing The Killers.

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The strangest thing about this Kooks revival is that I don't think anyone cared about their last two albums, did they? It's not like they've just reformed which while it'd still seem strange would make a bit more sense, they've just kept plodding along with decreasing success until the last year where they've suddenly became a big deal again. 

Looking forward to a night of mid 00s indie nostalgia next year with The Kooks subbing The Killers.

Yeah I've no idea either. They did have reasonable hype in 2014 when there was some sorta relaunch but the album didn't seem to do anything. Maybe the next one won't either and it's purely a live thing.

Just now, JSmurphy said:

The Kooks performing a self-proclaimed 'Best Of Tour', playing 24 (t w e n t y  f o u r) songs and STILL not playing Jackie Big Tits :nono:

Mate...

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I've no idea either. They did have reasonable hype in 2014 when there was some sorta relaunch but the album didn't seem to do anything. Maybe the next one won't either and it's purely a live thing.

Listen wasn't that bad of an album but received no where near the hype and success of konk or inside in inside out. 

Saw them in Liverpool couple of weeks back and they were very good, just hope if they were to come R+L they wouldn't be given a ridiculously high slot as they're success is mainly limited to 2006-2010. Wouldn't say they've fallen off though, still a very good band.

Matchbox and sofa song were amazing live and just about made up for the fact they missed off Jackie Big Tits off the setlist.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Tom DeLonge keeps talking about Box Car Racer all over his various social media, saying that he's been speaking to Travis a lot lately and even asking who people would like to see guest on a new album if it came to be. I know it's Tom and he talk a lot of shit, but a man can dream. Box Car for R&L 2018 :ninja: 

57 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I thought one of Vampire Weekend was doing his own shit just now?

He is, but he's left the band and they're continuing on without him.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Tom DeLonge keeps talking about Box Car Racer all over his various social media, saying that he's been speaking to Travis a lot lately and even asking who people would like to see guest on a new album if it came to be. I know it's Tom and he talk a lot of shit, but a man can dream. Box Car for R&L 2018 :ninja: 

I love the idea of a new Box Car Racer album, but the Tom from back then is a long way off from the Tom from now and I can't imagine it being very good or being able to recapture what that album had.

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

OK so listening through this I think it's pretty good, even if it is a bit more mellow than their old stuff. Definitely think they will be there now though (and I really hope this paves the way for bands like Fickle Friends)

So disappointed! Sounds like an album made of pure filler.

Really wasn't expecting to but I really liked that new Paramore album. The two singles sound much stronger in the context of the album I think. Not as many all out bangers as their last album(s) and the pop punk of old is all but gone in favour of a more synth pop sound, but it's a nice direction for them.

After Laughter is good. I've literally just finished my first run through, but I'm already thinking that the run through of Hard Times until (and including) 26 might be some of their best stuff. Second half is a little less strong but Tell Me How is a great closer. 

So, thinking about what songs from After Laughter would be in the setlist. Current guess would be:

- Hard Times
- Told You So
- Fake Happy
- Idle Worship
- Tell Me How

I kinda think Caught In The Middle would be pretty dope live too but I doubt that'll be in there. Rose-Colored Boy is also maybe a potential addition (or maybe swap out Tell Me How if they don't want the ballad)

Edited by Mattymooz

On 2017-5-12 at 6:51 PM, Mattymooz said:

So, thinking about what songs from After Laughter would be in the setlist. Current guess would be:

- Hard Times
- Told You So
- Fake Happy
- Idle Worship
- Tell Me How

I kinda think Caught In The Middle would be pretty dope live too but I doubt that'll be in there. Rose-Colored Boy is also maybe a potential addition (or maybe swap out Tell Me How if they don't want the ballad)

Fake Happy stuck out when I gave it a brief run through

Yeah I'm a big fan of the new Paramore album. Listened to quite a few times and enjoying more each time. Can't wait to see them in June. 

On 2017-5-12 at 6:51 PM, Mattymooz said:

- Hard Times
- Told You So
- Fake Happy
- Idle Worship
- Tell Me How

I reckon they'll play Pool. Seen loads of people say it's the best one on the album

• Upvote 1

Just now, justanothername said:

Yeah I'm a big fan of the new Paramore album. Listened to quite a few times and enjoying more each time. Can't wait to see them in June. 

I reckon they'll play Pool. Seen loads of people say it's the best one on the album

TBH Pool is a good shout too. It could literally be a Fickle Friends song (not sure it's best on the album and I dunno how the hell it will fit into the setlist but still)