Lineup 2018

Paramore have been listening to foals? Theres about two or three foals songs that sound maybe slightly like it: My Number Olympic Airways Red Sox Pugie... New Paramore sounds identical to Fickle Friends. Actually, Fickle Friends were inspired by Paramores last album.

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

Paramore have been listening to foals? Theres about two or three foals songs that sound maybe slightly like it: My Number Olympic Airways Red Sox Pugie... New Paramore sounds identical to Fickle Friends. Actually, Fickle Friends were inspired by Paramores last album.

My Number is probably where I get the slighy amount I can listen to the songs. Very Fickle Friends.

Just now, JSmurphy said:

I'm still thinking The Killers - sold out BST almost immediately, a new album on the way and won't have played R&L in a decade. 

Agreed, especially with no glasto I can't see them skipping uk fests with a new album out and there aren't really any alternatives.

Foo Fighters would be solid but it would have been what like 5 years since they released their last album. Could do a MUSE and yolo it anyway but if anything I'd expect them to do a smaller fest as their final show on the tour (like maybe download please?)

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Agreed, especially with no glasto I can't see them skipping uk fests with a new album out and there aren't really any alternatives.

Foo Fighters would be solid but it would have been what like 5 years since they released their last album. Could do a MUSE and yolo it anyway but if anything I'd expect them to do a smaller fest as their final show on the tour (like maybe download please?)

Foos aren't touring that album, though. The shows they're doing this year will presumably be greatest hits shows, and then the next time they hit festivals (probably 2018 or 2019) I would guess it'll be on the back of a new album.

Yeah if recent interviews are to be believed I don't expect them to be doing anything much in 2018, they seem to be enjoying time away from the project. For me they reside comfortably in the category of 'bands who are enjoyable on record but have no real appeal in a live environment' (see also: alt-J).

40 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah if recent interviews are to be believed I don't expect them to be doing anything much in 2018, they seem to be enjoying time away from the project. For me they reside comfortably in the category of 'bands who are enjoyable on record but have no real appeal in a live environment' (see also: alt-J).

WHICH / ONE
WHICH / ONE
WHICH / ONE
WHICH / ONE
WHICH / ONE

lmao but yeah Black Keys do seem to be on the back burner. Dan's doing his own stuff nowadays and its pretty tight.

I do wonder whether The Strokes will be invited back. They're mercenaries that don't really need to be touring or owt as long as the money's right, but its been an age since their last appearance when they've seemingly always been available. :dontknow:

Black Keys are having a break cos the drummer says he's got PTSD from touring too much. In the same interview he said they're defo gonna return though, hoping it's sooner rather than later but yeah even if they are about for 2018, which seems a year early to me, the best they could hope for is to maintain sub level.

Agreed that Dan Auerbach's new solo stuff is sounding good. Enjoyed his first effort too in 2009, defo check out Whispered Words if anyone's a BK fan and not heard any of Dan's own material. Could he headline FR in a similar vein to Brian Fallon doing it last time? Prob got too much of an ego to take a slot like that but I'd say it's about his level on his own.

32 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Black Keys are having a break cos the drummer says he's got PTSD from touring too much. In the same interview he said they're defo gonna return though, hoping it's sooner rather than later but yeah even if they are about for 2018, which seems a year early to me, the best they could hope for is to maintain sub level.

Agreed that Dan Auerbach's new solo stuff is sounding good. Enjoyed his first effort too in 2009, defo check out Whispered Words if anyone's a BK fan and not heard any of Dan's own material. Could he headline FR in a similar vein to Brian Fallon doing it last time? Prob got too much of an ego to take a slot like that but I'd say it's about his level on his own.

Maybe but that's like 15 months away and his album's out next month so wouldn't hang hopes on it.

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Black Keys would make a decent NME headliner, I think. They aren't THAT big over here anymore, are they? 

Maybe unreasonable to consider them that small though. Their last show here was headlining IOW only two years ago, and they had an arena tour planned before Carney broke his arm. Depends what the reaction is when they do come back really but I would be inclined to think they're still a sub.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe but that's like 15 months away and his album's out next month so wouldn't hang hopes on it.

Good point, would be a long tour that for a side project. A UK run would be nice later this year but won't be surprised if he just does London, pretty sure that's all he did last time out and was defo the case with The Arcs a couple of years back.

It's weird how quickly The Black Keys' stock fell. After El Camino it looked like they were going to become massive, and for a very brief period around 2011/2012 they probably were one of the biggest bands in the world.

They should have co-headlined with The Libertines in 2015.

41 minutes ago, VCK said:

It's weird how quickly The Black Keys' stock fell. After El Camino it looked like they were going to become massive, and for a very brief period around 2011/2012 they probably were one of the biggest bands in the world.

I don't think they were big enough, stock was falling and last album wasn't good.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

It's not really fallen notably though has it? They didn't become massive but, like said, they seemed to have moved up or at least maintained their position on the Turn Blue album cycle and then we haven't heard anything of them since. And just 'cause they're away doesn't mean their stock has fallen to any provable point. Although it is longer since El Camino so they can't be riding a high off the back of that.

Friday:

The 1975 / Vampire weekend / Wolf alice / Don broco / Zack de la rocha / Beartooth / The sherlocks / Turnover / Counterfeit

NME: Martin garrix / Schoolboy Q

Saturday:

Arctic monkeys / Catfish and the bottlemen / Stormzy / Cage the elephant / The hunna / State champs / Basement / Arcane roots / Beach slang

NME: Panic at the disco / Bonobo

Sunday:

Foo fighters / Pendulum / Deftones / Nothing but thieves / Foster the people / The amazons / Letlive. / Waterparks / Vukovi

NME: The vaccines / Jack garratt

30 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

The 1975 / Vampire weekend / Wolf alice / Don broco / Zack de la rocha / Beartooth / The sherlocks / Turnover / Counterfeit

NME: Martin garrix / Schoolboy Q

Saturday:

Arctic monkeys / Catfish and the bottlemen / Stormzy / Cage the elephant / The hunna / State champs / Basement / Arcane roots / Beach slang

NME: Panic at the disco / Bonobo

Sunday:

Foo fighters / Pendulum / Deftones / Nothing but thieves / Foster the people / The amazons / Letlive. / Waterparks / Vukovi

NME: The vaccines / Jack garratt

No chance.

Friday

Bring Me The Horizon // 21 Pilots // Enter Shikari

The Wombats // The Kooks

The Pit: Gojira

FR: Death Gripa

1Xtra: Dave

Dance Stage: Chase and Status DJ set

Saturday

The 1975 // Catfish // Weezer

Die Antwoord // Joey Bada$$

Creeper

MGMT

Lil Yachty

Annie Mac

Sunday

Kanye West // Boy Better Know // London Grammar

All Time Low // Slaves

Black Veil Brides

Mac DeMarco

Kaytranada

Gorgon City

Edited by Steve1000
  • Downvote 2

Are Vampire Weekend big enough to co-headline off their new album? It would be four (hopefully all spectacular) albums in, and given they subbed (though it was a co-headliner, so technically third) in 2014, I reckon its in with a shout. To be honest, A VW co-headline with the 1975, Tame Impala or CHVRCHES would be top notch.