Lineup 2018

17 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Florence isn't that big of a reading band are they? Agreed on V fest though they could do a smaller one like Latitude/IOW/Bestival etc.

Yeah Florence + the Machine suit Reading way more than V. Played R+L many more times and if anything V seems to have shifted away from bands a little bit.

I recall DR OK saying about F+TM being offered a coheadline slot last year with Foals. Dunno how true that is and obviously it didn't happen and they played BST but as I was saying in my last post about bands coheadlining, wonder if they could reject that again.

After what people have said I have tweaked my prediction a bit (though I'm now not sure on the coheadliner. Kinda wanna put alt-J under Killers, Prodigy under Royal Blood and remove Deftones. Think that would make the stages flow better but who knows)

Changes:
alt-J (Main Sub -> Main coheadliner)
The Prodigy (Main Third -> Main Sub)
Deftones (Main Third -> Main Sub ish)
Pendulum (Main Sub -> Removed)
Panic! At The Disco ( -> Main Third)
Stone Sour ( -> Pit Headliner)
The Sherlocks (FR Headliner -> Removed)
Palace the Skateboard (FR Headliner -> Removed)
Wolf Alice ( -> FR Headliner)
Shura ( -> FR Headliner)

Z0k5YTL.png

Edited by Mattymooz

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Neither BMTH or The 1975 will have to worry about co-headlining. They will both be sizeable enough to headline on their own. 

I agree, but same goes for Paramore when they did it.

10 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah in hindsight The 1975 could've co-headlined last year tbh, they'll easily be an outright headliner by next year - providing the next album is out by then, and Matty has said today it's already being recorded so that shouldn't be an issue. 

The main question mark for me is where Florence + the Machine fit into the picture. Their new album will surely be due next year, and having done Glastonbury and BST on HBHBHB I can't see any scenario in which they would skip out on Reading again. But 1975 - Flo - Foos in one year a) sounds too up my street to happen, and b ) would mean they skip on both Paramore and BMTH, which seems very unlikely. Dunno.

Nah not quite, sub yes.

The 1975/Royal Blood - Foos - Flo with Paramore saving Reading for 2019 and playing BST next year instead. Fuck BMTH the boring goats. The 1975 could (and really should) be an outright headliner but with how keen they seem to play I think its highly plausible they could agree to share with The Bloods.

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

After what people have said I have tweaked my prediction a bit (though I'm now not sure on the coheadliner. Kinda wanna put alt-J under Killers, Prodigy under Royal Blood and remove Deftones. Think that would make the stages flow better but who knows)

Changes:
alt-J (Main Sub -> Main coheadliner)
The Prodigy (Main Third -> Main Sub)
Deftones (Main Third -> Main Sub ish)
Pendulum (Main Sub -> Removed)
Panic! At The Disco ( -> Main Third)
Stone Sour ( -> Pit Headliner)
The Sherlocks (FR Headliner -> Removed)
Palace the Skateboard (FR Headliner -> Removed)
Wolf Alice ( -> FR Headliner)
Shura ( -> FR Headliner)

Z0k5YTL.png

Sorry I keep doing this but Wolf Alice are already way too big to headline FR, they'd be 3rd main or NME headline I reckon. Run the Jewels are in the area this year and not playing so I don't see why they'd book em next year if they haven't bothered this year.

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

The 1975/Royal Blood - Foos - Flo with Paramore saving Reading for 2019 and playing BST next year instead. Fuck BMTH the boring goats. The 1975 could (and really should) be an outright headliner but with how keen they seem to play I think its highly plausible they could agree to share with The Bloods.

Paramore's album comes out before this Summer, doesn't it? Booking them to headline two years later, on their third Summer touring the album, would be pretty awful.

33 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Sorry I keep doing this but Wolf Alice are already way too big to headline FR, they'd be 3rd main or NME headline I reckon. Run the Jewels are in the area this year and not playing so I don't see why they'd book em next year if they haven't bothered this year.

Alright one more time eh, : (didn't think Wolf Alice were that big, and their spotify plays were low too...)

pDzAlRx.png

33 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Paramore's album comes out before this Summer, doesn't it? Booking them to headline two years later, on their third Summer touring the album, would be pretty awful.

Are they doing many/any festival appearances this year though? Would expect them just to do a couple of stadiums this year and then hit festivals next year. If they were gonna do BST any year though I would have said it should have been this year tho...

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Alright one more time eh, : (didn't think Wolf Alice were that big, and their spotify plays were low too...)

pDzAlRx.png

Are they doing many/any festival appearances this year though? Would expect them just to do a couple of stadiums this year and then hit festivals next year. If they were gonna do BST any year though I would have said it should have been this year tho...

Yeah they're p big, played 5th down on the Pyramid Stage at Glasto last year on the back of one album (TDCC played that slot the previous day, and it was one slot higher than Skepta got). With a new album they'll be around CHVRCHES' current size I'd guess. That poster looks fair now (I'd move ATL down a bit but it's no biggie), although I don't think alt-J seem to taken the opportunity to move up to major headliners. Think Royal Blood would more likely headline outright or co-headline with someone else (BMTH, The 1975, Kendrick), but that's just personal preference.

Yeah tbf Paramore aren't doing a lot this year, but they're doing a few festivals in Europe. I don't think they're a big enough deal like Muse for R&L to want them so late after their album has been released. I was saying that in response to someone suggesting them for 2019, though. I agree with you that next year they're very likely.

If Paramore were to do R&L and BST in 2018/19 I'd expect R&L to get them first.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Yeah they're p big, played 5th down on the Pyramid Stage at Glasto last year on the back of one album (TDCC played that slot the previous day, and it was one slot higher than Skepta got). With a new album they'll be around CHVRCHES' current size I'd guess. That poster looks fair now (I'd move ATL down a bit but it's no biggie), although I don't think alt-J seem to taken the opportunity to move up to major headliners. Think Royal Blood would more likely headline outright or co-headline with someone else (BMTH, The 1975, Kendrick), but that's just personal preference.

alt-J have a new album out next year apparently so I think that may give them the boost. My hope is that they just book Royal Blood headlining outright, and then have Prodigy under the bloods and alt-j under the killers (with Deftones not playing) as I think that would flow better and give them more money for a strong undercard and give RB the boost they need.

If RB have to coheadline though I think alt-J is the best choice imo unless I have forgotten someone? (1975 at BST, BMTH at Download, Kendrick at Wireless. MAYBE but unlikely they boost CHVRCHES/Imagine Dragons/21P/Prodigy to coheadline)

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

alt-J have a new album out next year apparently so I think that may give them the boost. My hope is that they just book Royal Blood headlining outright, and then have Prodigy under the bloods and alt-j under the killers (with Deftones not playing) as I think that would flow better and give them more money for a strong undercard and give RB the boost they need.

If RB have to coheadline though I think alt-J is the best choice imo unless I have forgotten someone? (1975 at BST, BMTH at Download, Kendrick at Wireless. MAYBE but unlikely they boost CHVRCHES/Imagine Dragons/21P/Prodigy to coheadline)

Their new album is out in just over a month, and I imagine if it was expected to boost them up at all they'd be getting bigger festival slots than they have this Summer. Although saying that, QOTSA subbed Download the Summer ...Like Clockwork came out and then co-headlined R&L the following Summer, so it isn't impossible.

I imagine the next festival The 1975 do will be headlining R&L, but I'm just unsure whether it'll be 2018 or 2019. Could see the album coming out mid-late 2018 with some arena dates that Winter and a headline slot at R&L in 2019 (similar to Foals). If the album is out in time for next Summer then they'll probably do R&L in 2018. Can't see FR letting BST beat them to the punch on The 1975.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

MAYBE but unlikely they boost CHVRCHES/Imagine Dragons/21P/Prodigy to coheadline)

I think 21 pilots and imagine dragons are both co-headline possibilities, I even think CATB co-headlining isn't impossible considering they will likely have a 3rd album out before then and they're probably big enough to sub now

Just now, Shaun182 said:

I think 21 pilots and imagine dragons are both co-headline possibilities, I even think CATB co-headlining isn't impossible considering they will likely have a 3rd album out before then and they're probably big enough to sub now

CATB are a good shout too. TBH after the success of The Ride all they need to do is churn out another identical record and people will lap it up....

And considering how much Melvin loves CHVRCHES and has said previously he wants to see them headline R+L I think they're definitely a possibility (though I think if the next album comes out next year they'll headline Latitude or something first)

The new Chvrches album should be out late this year. Can't see them ever getting much bigger than they are now really (happy to be wrong here), but not every band have to become headliners so that's fine. 

Imagine Dragons aren't moving up any further for sure. I'm actually surprised they were still at sub level for last year's festival, thought they'd have been one to disappear as quickly as they emerged. 

Btw did anyone else get Paramore tickets this morning? Had a shocker getting kicked off see tickets but got through again and sorted them, quite excited for that one. 

4 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Btw did anyone else get Paramore tickets this morning? Had a shocker getting kicked off see tickets but got through again and sorted them, quite excited for that one. 

I did. Got through straight away on See with no problem at all and purchased them within 30 seconds. Quite excited for this one. :D 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

pDzAlRx.png

Yeah I can't see Sum 41 on the Lock Up. They're 2nd stage headliners at Download and given that they weren't booked last year despite being around Europe at the time I presume they want a bigger slot or money than R&L are willing to give.

Just now, justanothername said:

I did. Got through straight away on See with no problem at all and purchased them within 30 seconds. Quite excited for this one. :D 

Nice! Let's just hope the new album is good now as I imagine we'll be hearing a lot of it. Shit, it's only two weeks away isn't it, that's a nice short turnaround from announcement to release.

33 minutes ago, Odessa said:

The new Chvrches album should be out late this year. Can't see them ever getting much bigger than they are now really (happy to be wrong here), but not every band have to become headliners so that's fine. 

Imagine Dragons aren't moving up any further for sure. I'm actually surprised they were still at sub level for last year's festival, thought they'd have been one to disappear as quickly as they emerged. 

I think Imagine Dragons will begin to fall away now. They got decent slots touring the last album due to the popularity they earned with their debut (they'd have probably been given that sub slot regardless of what happened with the second album). The second album didn't, to my knowledge, make much of an impact or spawn any hits, so I think their peak has now passed.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I think Imagine Dragons will begin to fall away now. They got decent slots touring the last album due to the popularity they earned with their debut (they'd have probably been given that sub slot regardless of what happened with the second album). The second album didn't, to my knowledge, make much of an impact or spawn any hits, so I think their peak has now passed.

Their new album is already doing much better than their second (the first single I believe has already sold better than any of the singles on S+M) and they had that pretty popular feature on that Suicide Squad tracklist. And tbh their last album did better than Bastlles second album I believe so there is always potential. I think they could do it, especially as I think they're kinda taking over the scene that fob is now leaving behind. Plus I thought they were surprisingly good live when they played last year.

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I dunno I think given the success of the 1975 (who imo are worse than CHVRCHES) I think they could do it. Especially as Melvin has said before he wants to see them headline so could be pushed up to coheadliner earlier than most bands.

For both the bands it kinda depends how their next album does tbh, I guess we'll have to wait and seeeeeee

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Their new album is already doing much better than their second (the first single I believe has already sold better than any of the singles on S+M) and they had that pretty popular feature on that Suicide Squad tracklist. And tbh their last album did better than Bastlles second album I believe so there is always potential. I think they could do it, especially as I think they're kinda taking over the scene that fob is now leaving behind. Plus I thought they were surprisingly good live when they played last year.

I dunno I think given the success of the 1975 (who imo are worse than CHVRCHES) I think they could do it. Especially as Melvin has said before he wants to see them headline so could be pushed up to coheadliner earlier than most bands.

For both the bands it kinda depends how their next album does tbh, I guess we'll have to wait and seeeeeee

Wow I literally didn't know Imagine Dragons had a new album on the way. Thought their Summer dates were still touring that second album.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Wow I literally didn't know Imagine Dragons had a new album on the way. Thought their Summer dates were still touring that second album.

They haven't announced release dates but it's been what like 3 years on their last album (which as you said was a pretty disappointing release to begin with). They gotta have it out this year

On 26 April 2017 at 4:15 PM, JSmurphy said:

I'd say Kasabian were in almost everyone's prediction for this year's fest too. 

The Stone Roses?

Yeah I guess so, and I also remember people thinking they were nailed on for 2012 for that matter. The Cure were a bit of a curveball that year though.

The Stone Roses always get predicted whenever they tour, but I don't think they'll ever play the festival again. They had a perfect chance to get them last year but chose Biffy Clyro just three years after they last headlined instead, so if they didn't get them then they're probably not interested in getting them at all.