Lineup 2018

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Haha true, but if they are gearing up to release an album and tour - you can't think Melvin won't give them a call? Or they will approach Melvin.

They've become a bit of a Reading house band

Yeah they're a frontrunner but there could be things to stop it happening. Playing the UK in August may not fit into their touring plans, for instance.

There are also a decent number of names who could headline next year, so they may not try that hard to get Paramore. There's Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar, Royal Blood, BMTH, QOTSA, Green Day and potentially others.

For now I'm predicting them to headline, but some people are speaking as though it's confirmed.

31 minutes ago, VCK said:

There's usually one headliner who everyone calls a year before the festival. Foals, The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, The Strokes all being case in point.

I'd say Kasabian were in almost everyone's prediction for this year's fest too. 

The Stone Roses?

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore / Twenty One Pilots 

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know

Foo Fighters / Catfish and the Bottlemen

With Foster The People, All Time Low and something dancey headlining the NME. 

Neither Foster the People or All Time Low are gonna headline the NME surely? When was the last time anybody gave a shit about Foster the People? Pumped Up Kicks? All Time Low probably a bit more likely but I still don't see it.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Neither Foster the People or All Time Low are gonna headline the NME surely? When was the last time anybody gave a shit about Foster the People? Pumped Up Kicks? All Time Low probably a bit more likely but I still don't see it.

I do love it when Andre tries to do a prediction 

Foster The People have a new album on the way. They're crap, but with a new album and a decent chart position they're the kind of crap I could see headlining the NME with some DJ playing a closing set afterwards. 

If YMAS can headline the NME, so can ATL. Again, It'd be a crap booking, but they're really popular for some reason. 

Edited by Andre91

Tbf I think Foster the People would play this year if they were that much of a concern. They are touring this summer. Underrated tunesmiths imo. Not headlining NME tho.

All Time Low aren't either. YMAS played third, got less popular and arranged to headline NME, okay, but that was in the space of a few months. All Time Low have already stepped down the venues and we're talking about a festival in 16 months time.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Hello you've got a skateboard brand headlining the Festival Republic stage.

Edit: Probs more likely than your Prodigy and Deftones predictions happening.

Whoops meant the band palace my bad lol (never seen their logo before and always just assumed that triangle one was it)

And Prodigy I still think is quite likely, they're working on a new album soooo (And deftones maybe not but I couldn't think of anyone else to put there)

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Whoops meant the band palace my bad lol (never seen their logo before and always just assumed that triangle one was it)

And Prodigy I still think is quite likely, they're working on a new album soooo (And deftones maybe not but I couldn't think of anyone else to put there)

I meant the placements. Prodigy are a sub and definitely no lower (could maybe co-headline, even), and Deftones are no smaller now than when they played 3rd down main in 2013. They subbed Download last year. They'd be second or third down the main stage at R&L.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I meant the placements. Prodigy are a sub and definitely no lower (could maybe co-headline, even), and Deftones are no smaller now than when they played 3rd down main in 2013. They subbed Download last year. They'd be second or third down the main stage at R&L.

Fair enough about Deftones, but after how disappointing the Prodigy's last album was I'm not sure I agree. I'm only putting Pendulum that high as it's a reunion and they have been on haitus for 5 years. I guess it would really depend on Prodigy's next album and if it were any better....

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Fair enough about Deftones, but after how disappointing the Prodigy's last album was I'm not sure I agree. I'm only putting Pendulum that high as it's a reunion and they have been on haitus for 5 years. I guess it would really depend on Prodigy's next album and if it were any better....

Prodigy have been around and that size for so long now that it doesn't really matter how good their albums are. It's like U2 and AC/DC releasing new albums that no one gives a shit about and remaining stadium fillers on the strength of their old material. Whatever The Prodigy put out next they're still a sub/headliner at major festivals.

They've definitely dropped in popularity. To say they were pretty much a stock option for major festivals filling a high slot for a few years, they've been MIA since after that last album and the last arena tour here with Public Enemy didn't sell well either iirc.

Doesn't mean I think they'd be booked lower but I can't see them subbing (and certainly not headlining) anymore. Probably just play SW4 and Creamfields and maybe stuff like Y Not and Kendal forever.