Lineup 2018

I agree that Paramore wouldn't get 2 hours. Prob an hour and a half but maybe 1hr45. 

While we're on Paramore, feel cheeky to ask but if anyone has an O2 priority account they wouldn't mind me using for the presale tomorrow it'd be much appreciated. Worth a shot eh.

I definitely agree with Paramore filling their set with newer stuff. They aren't going to play Emergency (or anything else other than Pressure from the first album) or anything much from Riot! other than the two obvious ones (and maybe Hallelujah). 

AWKIF- Pressure 

Riot!- That's What You Get, Misery Business, Hallelujah

BNE- Ignorance, Brick By Boring Brick, The Only Exception, Decode 

Self-titled- Ain't It Fun, Still Into You, Daydreaming, Last Hope

And then Hard Times and five other new songs. That would give them an 18 song setlist. Seems about right to me. 

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I definitely agree with Paramore filling their set with newer stuff. They aren't going to play Emergency (or anything else other than Pressure from the first album) or anything much from Riot! other than the two obvious ones (and maybe Hallelujah). 

AWKIF- Pressure 

And then Hard Times and five other new songs. That would give them an 18 song setlist. Seems about right to me. 

On the reasonable assumption that at least two of those 'five other new songs' will be singles sent to radio between now and then, that looks absolutely stacked. I'd maybe swap Hallelujah out for Part II but yeah, no opportunity for a wee at all.

Edited by Zac Quinn

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

AWKIF- Pressure 

Ignorance might be their best song!, sums up everything their were best at.

8 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Would prefer Let The Flames Begin and/or Part II instead of Hallelujah, and Now over Last Hope.

Let The Flames begin is a BANGER. I was absolutely loving it when they played Pessimist last time, so I would be ecstatic if they did it next year again (if they play). 

I wouldn't usually expect Hallelujah but they played it on the Parahoy tour last year and it's a fan favourite so it'd be cool to see them bring it out for the occasion. Man, I love me some Paramore.

Screw it. 

1. That's What You Get 
  2. Hard Times 
  3. Brick By Boring Brick
  4. *new song*
  5. Playing God
  6. Decode
  7. Daydreaming 
  8. *new song* 
  9. *new song* 
  10. The Only Exception
  11. Ignorance 
  12. Pressure 
  13. Last Hope 
  14. *new song* 
  15. Misery Business 
  16. Ain't It Fun 

1. Hallelujah
  2. *new song* 
  3. Still Into You
  • Upvote 2

This is kinda what I would expect as a setlist:

1. Hard Times (After Laughter)
2. Ain't It Fun (Paramore)
3. New Song (After Laughter)
4. crushcrushcrush (RIOT!)
5. Decode (BNE)
6. Grow Up/Last Hope (Paramore)
7. New Song (After Laughter)
8. Anklebiters (Paramore)
9. The Only Exception (BNE)
10. New Song (After Laughter)
11. New Song (After Laughter)
12. All I Wanted (BNE)
13. Pressure (AWKIF)
14. Ignorance (BNE)
15. Let The Flames Begin (RIOT!)
16. New Song (After Laughter)

ENCORE:
17. Still Into You (Paramore)
18. Misery Business (RIOT!)

Could maybe chuck Hallelujah or Brick By Boring Brick in there (or maybe both if they get a 1hr 45 set), or maybe another new one? Also couldn't make up my mind between Last Hope or Grow Up (cause god damn I love Grow Up).

Part II and Future are their best songs

Their last album was their strongest imo

Since Hard Times is a guaranteed hit / banger, I can't think of a band more in the frame to be given the push up.

I know they've co-headlined before, but I honestly think they are ready to do it outright

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This is kinda what I would expect as a setlist:

1. Hard Times (After Laughter)
2. Ain't It Fun (Paramore)
3. New Song (After Laughter)
4. crushcrushcrush (RIOT!)
5. Decode (BNE)
6. Grow Up/Last Hope (Paramore)
7. New Song (After Laughter)
8. Anklebiters (Paramore)
9. The Only Exception (BNE)
10. New Song (After Laughter)
11. New Song (After Laughter)
12. All I Wanted (BNE)
13. Pressure (AWKIF)
14. Ignorance (BNE)
15. Let The Flames Begin (RIOT!)
16. New Song (After Laughter)

ENCORE:
17. Still Into You (Paramore)
18. Misery Business (RIOT!)

Could maybe chuck Hallelujah or Brick By Boring Brick in there (or maybe both if they get a 1hr 45 set), or maybe another new one? Also couldn't make up my mind between Last Hope or Grow Up (cause god damn I love Grow Up).

Brick By Boring Brick is a banker. They never play All I Wanted so there would be no reason to start doing so. I couldn't see Crush getting played either. 

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Part II and Future are their best songs

Their last album was their strongest imo

Since Hard Times is a guaranteed hit / banger, I can't think of a band more in the frame to be given the push up.

I know they've co-headlined before, but I honestly think they are ready to do it outright

They should have done it outright last time. Name me a band that has emerged in the last 10/12 years who have consistently played arenas over here like Paramore have. They are a massive band. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

Brick By Boring Brick is a banker. They never play All I Wanted so there would be no reason to start doing so. I couldn't see Crush getting played either. 

Ugh but BBBB is so boring :( And I've never been to one of their shows before but damn thats a shame. All I Wanted I always loved cause it changes tempo over the song and would be really great in swapping between their heavier and more mellow songs in a set. Ah well

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Screw it. 

1. That's What You Get 
  2. Hard Times 
  3. Brick By Boring Brick
  4. *new song*
  5. Playing God
  6. Decode
  7. Daydreaming 
  8. *new song* 
  9. *new song* 
  10. The Only Exception
  11. Ignorance 
  12. Pressure 
  13. Last Hope 
  14. *new song* 
  15. Misery Business 
  16. Ain't It Fun 

1. Hallelujah
  2. *new song* 
  3. Still Into You

Looks good. +1 upvote for the Playing God inclusion, it wasn't a standout track when I first heard BNE but in recent years I've come to love it. 

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Let The Flames begin is a BANGER. I was absolutely loving it when they played Pessimist last time, so I would be ecstatic if they did it next year again (if they play). 

I wouldn't usually expect Hallelujah but they played it on the Parahoy tour last year and it's a fan favourite so it'd be cool to see them bring it out for the occasion. Man, I love me some Paramore.

Agree, Let the flames begin is a cracker!

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I.can't either.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They should have done it outright last time. Name me a band that has emerged in the last 10/12 years who have consistently played arenas over here like Paramore have. They are a massive band. 

They were big enough in 12 but I agree! Paramore, FATM and The Black Keys was a massive set of subs.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Ignorance has never been a favourite of mine. I would take everything else on BNE before it :P I would go nuts for Feeling Sorry, Playing God or Looking Up. 

That's fair, we.all have a favourites and all.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Agree, Let the flames begin is a cracker!

I.can't either.

They were big enough in 12 but I agree! Paramore, FATM and The Black Keys was a massive set of subs.

That's fair, we.all have a favourites and all.

I disagree that they were big enough to headline in 2012. They were lacking a new album. I know they had the EP with Renegade and Monster on, but BNE was still the most recent album and I think they needed the self-titled to give them that push. I remember thinking, though, at the time, that they were announced out of nowhere having been quiet for a while. They made very, very strong sub. 

15 hours ago, Odessa said:

I agree that Paramore wouldn't get 2 hours. Prob an hour and a half but maybe 1hr45. 

While we're on Paramore, feel cheeky to ask but if anyone has an O2 priority account they wouldn't mind me using for the presale tomorrow it'd be much appreciated. Worth a shot eh.

http://m.gigsandtours.com/tour/paramore/?pre=pmspotify&src=paramorespotifypresale:ninja:

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I disagree that they were big enough to headline in 2012. They were lacking a new album. I know they had the EP with Renegade and Monster on, but BNE was still the most recent album and I think they needed the self-titled to give them that push. I remember thinking, though, at the time, that they were announced out of nowhere having been quiet for a while. They made very, very strong sub. 

For me they were massive off the back of BNE, the co-headline slot at least could have happened in 2012. Yeah I was buzzing as we had no reason to think they could be there. 

They didn't need Self Titled though, they sold better generally themselves before that. It might have brought in newer fans but it dropped a lot off as well. Loads of people I know into them weren't arsed with it and thought it was shit.....and on the whole it was.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

For me they were massive off the back of BNE, the co-headline slot at least could have happened in 2012. Yeah I was buzzing as we had no reason to think they could be there. 

They didn't need Self Titled though, they sold better generally themselves before that. It might have brought in newer fans but it dropped a lot off as well. Loads of people I know into them weren't arsed with it and thought it was shit.....and on the whole it was.

The self-titled most definitely did increase their popularity and boost their sales, that cannot be disputed as it is the album that finally gave them that push to headliner status. If they were big enough to headline on the back of BNE, they wouldn't have subbed Blink in 2010 on that cycle. I remember at the time a lot of people thought that sub was generous and that they should have played third with Weezer subbing. 

And I think that the fans that the self-titled brought in definitely outweighs the fans who turned their back on the band when it came out, as it is an album that is hugely popular with Paramore fans old and new (I'm not one of them, I think it's just alright). 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

The self-titled most definitely did increase their popularity and boost their sales, that cannot be disputed as it is the album that finally gave them that push to headliner status. If they were big enough to headline on the back of BNE, they wouldn't have subbed Blink in 2010 on that cycle. I remember at the time a lot of people thought that sub was generous and that they should have played third with Weezer subbing. 

And I think that the fans that the self-titled brought in definitely outweighs the fans who turned their back on the band when it came out, as it is an album that is hugely popular with Paramore fans old and new (I'm not one of them, I think it's just alright). 

I don't think there is anything to backup better sales from Self Titled at all, it has less certification at least.

2010 defo not, 2012 had they had a new album by then I think so but I have said before that I thought they were big enough but album wise it wasn't yhe correct time. Probably should have waited until 2013 for it.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

You guys do realise we have no indication that Paramore are even going to play?

Haha true, but if they are gearing up to release an album and tour - you can't think Melvin won't give them a call? Or they will approach Melvin.

They've become a bit of a Reading house band