Lineup 2018

Just watched/listened for the first time. Man it is dreadful. Is this the same band that gave us Decode? Well no but Williams couldn't have changed anymore for the worse. Except the blonde look, that's definitely an improvement, shame the pop pish attached has to be so bad. That video is straight out of the early 90s too. If Axel Foley and Aha walked through it they wouldn't look out of place.

12 hours ago, VCK said:

Going by that new Paramore song, it seems like they're jumping on the "let's try and copy Foals/Vampire Weekend like 90% of Indie bands these days do" bandwagon.

Catchy tune though to be fair.

It's a bad effort from them tbh but it's not bloody Foals bad, VW used to be good mind.

If there was one act like Paramore who never needed to change their sound it was Paramore.

I enjoy when bands mix up their sound, their older albums aren't going anywhere. Would rather more bands do a Lonerism to Currents (Tame Impala) and experiment a little than The Balcony to The Ride (Catfish) and play it safe and basically release the same album again

Just now, zak14 said:

I enjoy when bands mix up their sound, their older albums aren't going anywhere. Would rather more bands do a Lonerism to Currents (Tame Impala) and experiment a little than The Balcony to The Ride (Catfish) and play it safe and basically release the same album again

I mean The Balcony was incredibly safe too, Catfish is pretty much the most generic alt-rock band I can think of. But I get what you mean, kinda why I still admire MUSE for experimenting so much even if it has all been pretty bad...

Comparing Paramore to Foals is a bizarre one. Hard Times is not even remotely similar to anything Foals have put out.

49 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean The Balcony was incredibly safe too, Catfish is pretty much the most generic alt-rock band I can think of. But I get what you mean, kinda why I still admire MUSE for experimenting so much even if it has all been pretty bad...

It would have been nice if they'd left most of the experiments from The 2nd Law and Drones in the studio. Especially the ones where the bassist sings.

Just now, Odessa said:

Comparing Paramore to Foals is a bizarre one. Hard Times is not even remotely similar to anything Foals have put out.

It would have been nice if they'd left most of the experiments from The 2nd Law and Drones in the studio. Especially the ones where the bassist sings.

Wait that was actually a thing? Haven't really listened to them much tbh (Thought The Uprising was a bit too experimental too. It wasn't like Paramore's self titled which was pop but still good, it was just bad pop.)

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Vampire Weekend and Foals, originators of pop.

Seen loads of shouts for who Paramore are copying nowadays. Peeps should stop investing time in trying to badly pinpoint who Hard Times sounds like and just bang the tune on.

But they're the two bands who this recent trend of danceable, slightly funky guitar music owes a lot to. Obviously they didn't pioneer their respective sounds, but they've been the most prominent bands in recent years with that sound. 

Plus the opening riff reminds me of My Number, a lot.

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

That's basically putting yout argument out there and going back on it straight after.

• Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah, the tracks Liquid State and Save Me. I'm telling you their names so you can make sure you don't listen to them haha. The latter especially is horrendous.

I think it's telling enough that I don't even recognise there names. I don't really listen to 2nd Law much but those are definitely not the titles I remember.

I'm now very much hoping for a Paramore headline slot next year, going to be majorly disappointing if it doesn't happen! They were fantastic in 2014 but a 75 minute set wasn't enough! 2 hours next time please, they've got more than enough hits to do it. A setlist like this would go down a treat:

1. Still Into You
2. Emergency 
3. For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic
4. Hard Times
5. Playing God
6. *New Song*
7. Now
8. Fast In My Car
9. Brick By Boring Brick
10. The Only Exception
11. crushcrushcrush
12. *New Song*
13. Decode
14. Ignorance
15. That's What You Get
16. Pressure
17. Misery Business 

18. Ain't It Fun
19. *New Song*
20. Hallelujah

20 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm now very much hoping for a Paramore headline slot next year, going to be majorly disappointing if it doesn't happen! They were fantastic in 2014 but a 75 minute set wasn't enough! 2 hours next time please, they've got more than enough hits to do it. A setlist like this would go down a treat:

1. Still Into You
2. Emergency 
3. For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic
4. Hard Times
5. Playing God
6. *New Song*
7. Now
8. Fast In My Car
9. Brick By Boring Brick
10. The Only Exception
11. crushcrushcrush
12. *New Song*
13. Decode
14. Ignorance
15. That's What You Get
16. Pressure
17. Misery Business 

18. Ain't It Fun
19. *New Song*
20. Hallelujah

Remove them, 20 songs wouldn't be a 2hr set and they don't have a set list to do it either.

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Remove them, 20 songs wouldn't be a 2hr set and they don't have a set list to do it either.

Out of all the songs they could feasibly cut, I don't think they'll even consider dropping Ain't It Fun.. not only is it one of their very biggest hits but it's probably the closest any of their old stuff sounds to the vibe going on on Hard Times :P That's What You Get is an absolutely immovable staple, too.

Obvs they'd play more at their own shows but for a Paramore festival headlining set I think we'd be looking at Still Into You, Ain't It Fun, Brick By Boring Brick, Misery Business, The Only Exception, That's What You Get, Ignorance, Pressure, For A Pessimist, Crushcrushcrush, Hard Times and then about six other songs from the new record. Decode shouldn't be undroppable anymore, especially if the rest of After Laughter is as poppy as Hard Times. I'd like to see Part II and Last Hope stay around from self-titled, but I won't really be expecting them to

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Remove them because you think they won't be played, or because you're not a fan? If you're a fan of Paramore's old sound I can't see why you wouldn't want to hear Emergency? It'd be nice to hear them play the second single they ever released played at their first outright UK festival headline show. They've come a long way. Now if Muse could do the same.. :ph34r:

Don't have a setlist to do it!? That setlist doesn't even include All We Know, Here We Go Again, When It Rains, Born For This, Careful, Where The Lines Overlap, Monster, Grow Up, Proof, Interludes: Moving On / Holiday / I'm Not Angry Anymore, Future. They could easily fill a crowd pleasing 2 hour set. 

I expect anywhere from 4-6 songs from the new album to be played, obviously tough to predict at this point. Other than my wishful thinking with Playing God and Hallelujah, which are both fairly unlikely, I'm not sure where the setlist space is going to come from though. I'd say two thirds of their setlist are pretty much guarantees - Misery Business, The Only Exception, Still Into You etc. 

34 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Out of all the songs they could feasibly cut, I don't think they'll even consider dropping Ain't It Fun.. not only is it one of their very biggest hits but it's probably the closest any of their old stuff sounds to the vibe going on on Hard Times :P That's What You Get is an absolutely immovable staple, too.

It's not what I think they will but what they should.

15 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Obvs they'd play more at their own shows but for a Paramore festival headlining set I think we'd be looking at Still Into You, Ain't It Fun, Brick By Boring Brick, Misery Business, The Only Exception, That's What You Get, Ignorance, Pressure, For A Pessimist, Crushcrushcrush, Hard Times and then about six other songs from the new record. Decode shouldn't be undroppable anymore, especially if the rest of After Laughter is as poppy as Hard Times. I'd like to see Part II and Last Hope stay around from self-titled, but I won't really be expecting them to

Crushcrushcrush is a banger of a tune!, Misery Business wasn't on the last arena tour but then again I'd seen it twice/three times before.

10 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Remove them because you think they won't be played, or because you're not a fan? If you're a fan of Paramore's old sound I can't see why you wouldn't want to hear Emergency? It'd be nice to hear them play the second single they ever released played at their first outright UK festival headline show. They've come a long way. Now if Muse could do the same.. :ph34r:

Don't have a setlist to do it!? That setlist doesn't even include All We Know, Here We Go Again, When It Rains, Born For This, Careful, Where The Lines Overlap, Monster, Grow Up, Proof, Interludes: Moving On / Holiday / I'm Not Angry Anymore, Future. They could easily fill a crowd pleasing 2 hour set. 

I expect anywhere from 4-6 songs from the new album to be played, obviously tough to predict at this point. Other than my wishful thinking with Playing God and Hallelujah, which are both fairly unlikely, I'm not sure where the setlist space is going to come from though. I'd say two thirds of their setlist are pretty much guarantees - Misery Business, The Only Exception, Still Into You etc. 

I like a lot of early but not every song and I'd only choose a couple probably of those songs you mention but either way, they aren't getting longer than 1hr 40 at the very max!