Lineup 2018

26 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Pendulum to headline NME. 6 months ago I would have said they were way too big, but their reunion has been met with a lukewarm reception, at best. 

Yeah I have to admit I thought it would be bigger. They aren't going to headline NME I doubt mind, I think it's more some they are only accepting headline slots and there isn't many as big as SW4 put there bar Cream.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Pendulum to headline NME. 6 months ago I would have said they were way too big, but their reunion has been met with a lukewarm reception, at best. 

The fact they announced a 'reunion' to then only play Ultra Miami before going quiet again did not help them tbf. If they had announced an album and/or a UK tour I think the hype would have been a bit bigger.

In any event, if they play R&L again I'd hope to see them co-headline Main but be given the closing slot at both sites so they can destroy them with lazers.

Friday

Paramore
Twenty One Pilots
Wolf Alice
Crystal Fighters
Neck Deep
Drenge

Foster the People

Saturday

Arctic Monkeys
Boy Better Know
Enter Shikari
Babymetal
The Wombats
Cabbage

Panic! at the Disco

Sunday

My Chemical Romance
Vampire Weekend
Stormzy
Nothing But Thieves
Don Broco
Creeper

The Chainsmokers

45 minutes ago, SOAD said:

Friday

Paramore
Twenty One Pilots
Wolf Alice
Crystal Fighters
Neck Deep
Drenge

Foster the People

Saturday

Arctic Monkeys
Boy Better Know
Enter Shikari
Babymetal
The Wombats
Cabbage

Panic! at the Disco

Sunday

My Chemical Romance
Vampire Weekend
Stormzy
Nothing But Thieves
Don Broco
Creeper

The Chainsmokers

Vampire Weekend aren't moving up at this point. Nothing But Thieves 4th down is way too high now and will hopefully still be way too high next year. Same with Crystal Fighters although I know nothing about them. Cabbage 6th down main is ridiculous too, they'd go down horribly on the main stage. Paramore v Foster The People doesn't seem right, not saying they're similar but at the same time they kinda are too similar to be the main two headliner options. I think Paramore would be up against a dance or grime act. 

On 03/04/2017 at 1:37 AM, Larry_Bueller said:

Foo Fighters // Royal Blood // Wolf Alice 

NME: Stormzy 

Arctic Monkeys // Twenty One Pilots // Clean Bandit 

NME: Years & Years 

Kendrick Lamar // Tame Impala // Catfish and the Bottlemen 

NME: Bon Iver 

Bon Iver too big for NME and doubt they'd play R&L now.

• Downvote 1

A Kendrick Lamar, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys trio sounds super strong but then again Kasabian, Eminem, Muse is huge

It'd definitely be a strong one for reading  - kinda makes me think that one of Foo Fighters / Arctic Monkeys probably won't be there

Kendrick Lamar, Foo Fighters, Bring Me The Horizon would be my shouts

4 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Kendrick Lamar // Twenty One Pilots // A Day To Remember

NME: Vampire Weekend

Foo Fighters // Royal Blood // Catfish and the Bottlemen

NME: Clean Bandit 

Florence and the Machine // Tame Impala // Deftones

4 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Kendrick Lamar //CHVRCHES// Catfish and the Bottlemen

NME: London Grammar

Alt-J // Skepta // Years and Years

Foo Fighters// Royal Blood // Chase and Status

NME: Vampire Weekend

Not a chance of Catfish being 3rd down, they are going to be very close to doing co-headliner duty but won't quite make it. TOP, Catfish and Royal Blood but one of the 1st two could join Kendrick in being a co-headliner as  that might be too strong a subbing 3 by then.

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Bring Me The Horizon & Royal Blood
The Killers
Paramore

BMTH will be outright.

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not a chance of Catfish being 3rd down, they are going to be very close to doing co-headliner duty but won't quite make it. TOP, Catfish and Royal Blood but one of the 1st two could join Kendrick in being a co-headliner as  that might be too strong a subbing 3 by then.

You are probably right about Catfish. I'll make a bold prediction and switch them with the Amazons. I fancy they might have a breakout year like RB and Blossoms have in the last couple of years. Plus they are from Reading so that will help. If Kendrick plays he will defo headline outright. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

You are probably right about Catfish. I'll make a bold prediction and switch them with the Amazons. I fancy they might have a breakout year like RB and Blossoms have in the last couple of years. Plus they are from Reading so that will help. If Kendrick plays he will defo headline outright. 

If Paramore can sub twice the co-headliner Kendrick could but I do agree with you.

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH / Twenty One Pilots / Enter Shikari 

Kendrick Lamar / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Panic! at the Disco 

Foo Fighters / Boy Better Know / Wolf Alice 

Did you make a prediction that is realistic?! ;P. Unsure if BBK will be about for a 3rd year but if so then defo be there.

57 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

I think something like this is the best I can hope for, although even this feels a bit too optimistic...

Eoej2oC.png

Quite a few acts lower down than they should be and I feel it's way too rock heavy. I'll be very surprised to not see Kendrick headline next year

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Hart Attack said:

I think something like this is the best I can hope for, although even this feels a bit too optimistic...

Eoej2oC.png

It is a bit yes, The Chainsmokers will probably be big enough to sub by then, I think it'll be a few years before Reading grab Arctics again myself, think they'll do their own substantial stadium tour and Glastonbury again before hand. AFI also could headline NME by then and that top 6 in general is too strong.