Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

aye very likely. still think there's a high chance of foos though, Arctics and Foos could be interchangeable 

Was torn between the two, probably would say Foos are a bit more likely with Glasto this year but if R&L had to choose one I can't see them passing up the Monkeys. Not sure on Tame either, TOP is a good shout for that position as well.

I'd love to see Lana Del Rey as a sub. Reckon it's very unlikely and not a usual booking but it would be good to see them go a bit left-field and she'd draw a crowd.

Edited by thelemon

6 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Was torn between the two, probably would say Foos are a bit more likely with Glasto this year but if R&L had to choose one I can't see them passing up the Monkeys. Not sure on Tame either, TOP is a good shout for that position as well.

I'd love to see Lana Del Rey as a sub. Reckon it's very unlikely and not a usual booking but it would be good to see them go a bit left-field and she'd draw a crowd.

i reckon next time Tame Impala play they'll be pushed to at least co-headline. If they were a sub they'd be very strong

I think there are many better placed acts for the step up than Tame Impala and also that they'd need an album out prior to being announced, and I can't see that being in the next eleven months. Latitude might be a bit more realistic and then R+L beyond that. Can't wait for them to hit headline status tho, gonna be lit.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah RDB booked them for 2015 and to headline the Canadian edition in 2016. Makes sense.

Get them and LCD headlining there, bangers everywhere. Tempted to try one of Bestival or Latitiude next year with there being no Glastonbury, especially so if they manage headliners like that or the ones we mentioned in the Latitude thread yesterday.

My prediction of MCR reuniting at Riot Fest is likely a wrong'un as the word (by anonymous users on internet forums) is Smashing Pumpkins are the recipient of the suitcase full of reunion cash.

Still doesn't mean it's not happening obviously. What isn't happening is Smashing Pumpkins at R+L, before y'all say it.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

My prediction of MCR reuniting at Riot Fest is likely a wrong'un as the word (by anonymous users on internet forums) is Smashing Pumpkins are the recipient of the suitcase full of reunion cash.

Still doesn't mean it's not happening obviously. What isn't happening is Smashing Pumpkins at R+L, before y'all say it.

Any reason you thought MCR were reforming or just a hunch/guess? Still seems too soon for them imo, although judging by the Black Parade reissue fake-out there's definitely a huge market for them reforming.

Nice to hear that the Smashing Pumpkins thing seems to be a goer though - hopefully they'll do some not ridiculously overpriced shows over here at some point which I would be very interested in.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Any reason you thought MCR were reforming or just a hunch/guess? Still seems too soon for them imo, although judging by the Black Parade reissue fake-out there's definitely a huge market for them reforming.

Nice to hear that the Smashing Pumpkins thing seems to be a goer though - hopefully they'll do some not ridiculously overpriced shows over here at some point which I would be very interested in.

It's a guess but we had a discussion about it a couple of pages ago where it was agreed for a few different reasons as looking like its in the pipeline. I don't think it is too early really; in fact they need to do it soon so they and their fans aren't just too old for it.

Not arsed either way about the Pumpkins reuniting with D'Arcy and James but I just want some shows over here. No doubt they will be stupidly priced and in short supply to milk that reunion.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Can anyone see slipknot if new albums out by then? Doing download again would be ridiculous imo, they'd probably go down okay with the R&L crowd and are one of the last metal bands that would 

Seeing as Corey is doing Stone Sour at the moment i cannot see him touring it and then recording a new Slipknot album in a year, highly unlikely.

Foo Fighters

Kendrick Lamar

Royal Blood

Arctics will be at Glasto I reckon. I've know a few R&L headliners have subbed Glasto the same year but have they ever shared headliners (tbh I'm not sure and effort to check but I'm sure someone on here will know) and I reckon BMTH will want headline or nothing and do Download instead. Though I can imagine them going back on that and I wouldn't put it past R&L to try to get Kendrick, Royal Blood, BMTH and Tame as two sets of co headliners since it's all the rage now.

11 hours ago, thelemon said:

The 1975 are significantly bigger than CHVRCHES. Could see CHVRCHES subbing them though.

Just basing it off CHVRCHES subbing last time, so with their new album I would imagine they would hope to grow a bit. I don't think either could headling by themselves, and considering how well CHVRCHES is considered live I think they'd be a great act to bump up.

CHVRCHES also has relatively wide appeal (to electronic, rock and pop lovers) whereas 1975 have more limited themselves into the teenage girls niche (from what I heard about them at the NME last year).

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Foo Fighters

Kendrick Lamar

Royal Blood

Arctics will be at Glasto I reckon. I've know a few R&L headliners have subbed Glasto the same year but have they ever shared headliners (tbh I'm not sure and effort to check but I'm sure someone on here will know) and I reckon BMTH will want headline or nothing and do Download instead. Though I can imagine them going back on that and I wouldn't put it past R&L to try to get Kendrick, Royal Blood, BMTH and Tame as two sets of co headliners since it's all the rage now.

No Glasto next year mate.

If this thing Kendrick is trailing is a new album then I guess he's firmly in contention. Wasn't expecting it to be out for years.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Just basing it off CHVRCHES subbing last time, so with their new album I would imagine they would hope to grow a bit. I don't think either could headling by themselves, and considering how well CHVRCHES is considered live I think they'd be a great act to bump up.

CHVRCHES also has relatively wide appeal (to electronic, rock and pop lovers) whereas 1975 have more limited themselves into the teenage girls niche (from what I heard about them at the NME last year).

Chvrches mighta subbed but it was a third down booking, so it's not like Paramore or QOTSA or someone subbing before they went on to headline.

They might headline Latitude next year but they're some way off headlining Reading and Leeds. Seeing as The 1975 are headlining Latitude on this album and should be headlining the likes of R+L and Glastonbury on the next one if they keep things up, Chvrches are definitely not needed to validate their booking.

Also it's not really true what you said about The 1975 being a niche band for teenage girls but R+L history is littered with bands for teenage boys so it shouldn't harm their chances anyway.

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No Glasto next year mate.

If this thing Kendrick is trailing is a new album then I guess he's firmly in contention. Wasn't expecting it to be out for years.

Oh shit yeah I forgot :P. Shakes things up a bit then. R&L certainly have a lot of choice then next year but they'll probably get the most bland set of headliners. Though I will say if this year is a bigger success with going a for bigger headline set and a weaker undercard I could see them getting Arctics, Foos and Kendrick but if not I could see either Arctics or Foos and then trying to get the other 4 under co headliners

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

The 1975 are great. Most of my mates like them and we're not teenage girls :P. They've got a much wider appeal than you think

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Chvrches mighta subbed but it was a third down booking, so it's not like Paramore or QOTSA or someone subbing before they went on to headline.

They might headline Latitude next year but they're some way off headlining Reading and Leeds. Seeing as The 1975 are headlining Latitude on this album and should be headlining the likes of R+L and Glastonbury on the next one if they keep things up, Chvrches are definitely not needed to validate their booking.

Also it's not really true what you said about The 1975 being a niche band for teenage girls but R+L history is littered with bands for teenage boys so it shouldn't harm their chances anyway.

In which case CHVRCHES are kinda in the same position as Royal Blood, played 3rd down last time and looking to be boosted up the next time they play. It'll be CHVRCHES 3rd album (the same as 1975). They played at least the same level than 1975 last year (personally, I would argue even 3rd down main is higher than NME headliner). And my point was that CHVRCHES has a far wider appeal than the 1975, not that the 1975 were bad and that it harmed their chances (heck I was suggesting them for coheadliner).

They'd be doing a smaller jump than Disclosure did when they went up to coheadliner, with more albums/material and probably wider appeal. I don't see why this seems like a bad fit.

• Downvote 2