Lineup 2018

14 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Stormzy, Foster The People, Don Broco
Tenacious D, Tyler, The Creator

THE KILLERS, Swedish House Mafia, Zack de la Rocha, Christine & The Queens, Killswitch Engage
Kygo (Closing Set), Vampire Weekend

BRING ME THE HORIZON & ROYAL BLOOD, Twenty One Pilots, Run The Jewels, Mastodon
Schoolboy Q, Death From Above 1979

SHM?, you know this is the same weekend as Cream yes?

Looks pretty good and there are some outside-of-the-box ideas there. Definitely don't think Tenacious D would feature nowadays - I wonder if Pick of Destiny even registers as a thing with R+L goers nowadays. Think Foster the People and DFA would place lower, couldn't imagine Christine and the Queens being booked and RTJ and ZDLR would suit being the same day on different stages I reckon. But yeah it's a nice looking thing.

Just now, JSmurphy said:

... yes? There's always crossover between the fests. Diplo's doing both of them in one day this year!

He might be and his arranged very strange but SHM return will be far too huge to be doing both and it's too DJ to be at Reading that level. They headline Creamfields if they reform without a doubt, Axwell & Ingrosso as just the two piece now have that position without Steve who does happen to be on the lineup. Really tempted by this year as JEW and Marmozets are the only thing pulling me into Reading majorly atm. I think the July date in Europe though puts Marmozets in line for a possible Glastonbury appearance so I'll wait to see that happen 1st. Rise Against on Saturday however would probably seal it provided it was a long enough set.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks pretty good and there are some outside-of-the-box ideas there. Definitely don't think Tenacious D would feature nowadays - I wonder if Pick of Destiny even registers as a thing with R+L goers nowadays. Think Foster the People and DFA would place lower, couldn't imagine Christine and the Queens being booked and RTJ and ZDLR would suit being the same day on different stages I reckon. But yeah it's a nice looking thing.

I reckon it's pretty much next year or never for TD, their appeal is dwindling but I guess if they keep to their album release in 2018 it'll at least get them back in the minds of the 18-25's who never got a chance to see them, they've hardly toured the UK excessively. 

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He might be and his arranged very strange but SHM return will be far too huge to be doing both and it's too DJ to be at Reading that level. They headline Creamfields if they reform without a doubt, Axwell & Ingrosso as just the two piece now have that position without Steve who does happen to be on the lineup. Really tempted by this year as JEW and Marmozets are the only thing pulling me into Reading majorly atm. I think the July date in Europe though puts Marmozets in line for a possible Glastonbury appearance so I'll wait to see that happen 1st. Rise Against on Saturday however would probably seal it provided it was a long enough set.

Yeah I get what you're saying, although I reckon Major Lazer would probably headline at Creamfields and are subbing R&L, but yeah, it might unrealistic to expect a booking like that. Marmozets are Glastonbury would be cool, I'm super excited for their next album. I loved their first and I had to pass up on them in 2015 because of that Foals secret set. I'd be sold on a Saturday ticket if I could see Marmozets, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Rise Against, The Pretty Reckless, At the Drive-In, and Korn. Sadly I reckon that isn't gonna be feasible. 

KENDRICK LAMAR / The courteeners / Wolf alice / Don broco / Nothing but thieves
NME: Kaiser chiefs

FOO FIGHTERS / Catfish and the bottlemen / All time low / Cage the elephant / The amazons
NME: Martin garrix

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Panic at the disco / Deftones / Lower than atlantis / Neck deep
NME: Stormzy

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah I get what you're saying, although I reckon Major Lazer would probably headline at Creamfields and are subbing R&L, but yeah, it might unrealistic to expect a booking like that. Marmozets are Glastonbury would be cool, I'm super excited for their next album. I loved their first and I had to pass up on them in 2015 because of that Foals secret set. I'd be sold on a Saturday ticket if I could see Marmozets, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Rise Against, The Pretty Reckless, At the Drive-In, and Korn. Sadly I reckon that isn't gonna be feasible. 

I don't think Major Lazer would get headline at Creamfields myself, I feel they would actually be lower down this year if R&L hadn't bagged them exclusively to keep them away from others.

On 27/02/2017 at 7:54 PM, Andre91 said:

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Wolf Alice

Bring Me The Horizon / Twenty One Pilots / Enter Shikari

Foo Fighters / Tame Impala / All Time Low

My issue with that is Reading would consider these as three 'heavier' headliners

Sounds good but I can't help but think it might be a long time coming. Maybe the year after if he's still planning for it now - god knows TPAB took its time and all the better for it.

Not sure about The 1975 next year either now. They seem resolute about an 'era' ending this year so having an album ready early next doesn't seem likely.

Still obviously plenty of new headliners without those - if they return to new headliners.

4 minutes ago, VCK said:

Would it be too soon for Arctic Monkeys to come back?

Not at all. Biffy have just done it after a 3 year gap and it'll be a 4 year gap for Arctic Monkeys by next year. They'll probably do stadiums but I guess R&L would maybe let em do that as well.

If they go with this year's approach of massive headliners then Arctic Monkeys and Foos would be a good start.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Not at all. Biffy have just done it after a 3 year gap and it'll be a 4 year gap for Arctic Monkeys by next year. They'll probably do stadiums but I guess R&L would maybe let em do that as well.

If they go with this year's approach of massive headliners then Arctic Monkeys and Foos would be a good start.

Yeah, I think Arctics and Foos both headlining would be a good shout, with Royal Blood being the 3rd headliner.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

ooh it just clicked that that's a new template. Cheers Hart Attack.

Here's a lil prediction...

FpwVf4G.png

I would prefer foo fighters over MCR but I'd still go and see them. Would be good to see vampire weekend again, better NME headliners than what I presume it will be this year 

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I would prefer foo fighters over MCR but I'd still go and see them. Would be good to see vampire weekend again, better NME headliners than what I presume it will be this year 

Hmm, even if they could get both Foos and Arctics in the one year, I think they'll both be doing stadiums so would probably have a max. of one act doing their own huge gigs. Arctic Monkeys could just do Wembley and save the rest of the demand for R+L and it'd still be substantial.

Like the username btw mon.

Edited by dentalplan