Lineup 2018

Foos will do Glasto on their first year back. If that is 2017 then I'd nail them on for 2018, but I think their hiatus will take them past June 2017.

Arctic Monkeys yeah.

Kendrick I'd agree with; whether that's as a co-headliner or an outright headliner.

Green Day possibly depending on a new album release. I have them down for 2017 but have no idea what their album plans are. If there's no album by the 2017 festival then sure.

Florence yeah; though could do V instead (although I can see them sticking with the full blown pop direction they've taken this year).

With nothing (I don't think) to suggest an MCR return is imminent I wouldn't put them in my prediction but if they are back they'd be likely.

BMTH will headline Download on their next album in 2018 I think, though R&L could be an option instead.

alt-J I think will co-headline in 2017 (probably with Royal Blood).

Chase and Status' popularity is on the wane I think and I see them as more likely being NME headliners by 2018.

Nothing suggesting Rage will be back. I don't think this Prophets of Rage thing means anything regarding a future RATM return.

The Vaccines are already on the slide (played 4th down Other Stage at Glasto last year after being 3rd down Pyramid in 2013, and had a similar slot at TITP). Them being so high at R&L this year is baffling in itself.

So on balance, I'd say Kendrick Lamar (possibly co-headlining with another act), Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine.

2017's headliners being Royal Blood/alt-J (co-headline), Green Day and Kasabian.

12 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Foos will do Glasto on their first year back. If that is 2017 then I'd nail them on for 2018, but I think their hiatus will take them past June 2017.

Arctic Monkeys yeah.

Kendrick I'd agree with; whether that's as a co-headliner or an outright headliner.

Green Day possibly depending on a new album release. I have them down for 2017 but have no idea what their album plans are. If there's no album by the 2017 festival then sure.

Florence yeah; though could do V instead (although I can see them sticking with the full blown pop direction they've taken this year).

With nothing (I don't think) to suggest an MCR return is imminent I wouldn't put them in my prediction but if they are back they'd be likely.

BMTH will headline Download on their next album in 2018 I think, though R&L could be an option instead.

alt-J I think will co-headline in 2017 (probably with Royal Blood).

Chase and Status' popularity is on the wane I think and I see them as more likely being NME headliners by 2018.

Nothing suggesting Rage will be back. I don't think this Prophets of Rage thing means anything regarding a future RATM return.

The Vaccines are already on the slide (played 4th down Other Stage at Glasto last year after being 3rd down Pyramid in 2013, and had a similar slot at TITP). Them being so high at R&L this year is baffling in itself.

So on balance, I'd say Kendrick Lamar (possibly co-headlining with another act), Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine.

2017's headliners being Royal Blood/alt-J (co-headline), Green Day and Kasabian.

I get the logic, but that looks more like a T in the Park lineup than R&L. I'd say one of those would have to be substituted for a heavier band/older band of sorts. Still, a decent possibility!

Edited by dylangraham

3 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Surely Muse will play 2017 or 2018, they haven't been at R&L for a while and i feel like both Muse and Foos in 2019 would be too good to be true...

I reckon in terms of 'bigger' bands it'll go

2017 - Green Day
2018 - Foo Fighters
2019 - Muse

Arctic Monkeys / Tame Impala

The 1975 & You Me At Six coheadlining / Twenty One Pilots

Florence & The Machine / Macklemore

So not only guessing the availability of acts, but also the slots they'll demand in two years' time...tough one.

For the record, this would be a terrible lineup. 

Edited by Odessa

3 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Are Tame Impala big enough? I would say they were smaller than Foals and them co-headlining is only because the festival has pushed them so hard, surely sub-headliners?

By 2018 I think they'd be big enough coheadliners by R&L standards, providing their next album doesn't flop. Bear in mind both Foals & Tame Impala are Pyramid sub headliners at Glastonbury this year so I'd say they're pretty similar in size rn. However I take your point that R&L have pushed for Foals a lot more.

• Like 1