dylangraham

Lineup 2018

1,024 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about this all day and couldn't resist making the thread.

Foo Fighters
Arctic Monkeys
Kendrick Lamar

Also possible - Green Day or Florence & the Machine

-5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's premature and then there's this :lol: 

My Chemical Romance / Bring Me The Horizon / Foos

Edited by JSmurphy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chase & Status/Bring Me The Horizon

Rage against The Machine

The Vaccines

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foos will do Glasto on their first year back. If that is 2017 then I'd nail them on for 2018, but I think their hiatus will take them past June 2017.

Arctic Monkeys yeah.

Kendrick I'd agree with; whether that's as a co-headliner or an outright headliner.

Green Day possibly depending on a new album release. I have them down for 2017 but have no idea what their album plans are. If there's no album by the 2017 festival then sure.

Florence yeah; though could do V instead (although I can see them sticking with the full blown pop direction they've taken this year).

With nothing (I don't think) to suggest an MCR return is imminent I wouldn't put them in my prediction but if they are back they'd be likely.

BMTH will headline Download on their next album in 2018 I think, though R&L could be an option instead.

alt-J I think will co-headline in 2017 (probably with Royal Blood).

Chase and Status' popularity is on the wane I think and I see them as more likely being NME headliners by 2018.

Nothing suggesting Rage will be back. I don't think this Prophets of Rage thing means anything regarding a future RATM return.

The Vaccines are already on the slide (played 4th down Other Stage at Glasto last year after being 3rd down Pyramid in 2013, and had a similar slot at TITP). Them being so high at R&L this year is baffling in itself.

 

So on balance, I'd say Kendrick Lamar (possibly co-headlining with another act), Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine.

2017's headliners being Royal Blood/alt-J (co-headline), Green Day and Kasabian.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arctic Monkeys 

Bring Me The Horizon 

Skrillex

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Foos will do Glasto on their first year back. If that is 2017 then I'd nail them on for 2018, but I think their hiatus will take them past June 2017.

Arctic Monkeys yeah.

Kendrick I'd agree with; whether that's as a co-headliner or an outright headliner.

Green Day possibly depending on a new album release. I have them down for 2017 but have no idea what their album plans are. If there's no album by the 2017 festival then sure.

Florence yeah; though could do V instead (although I can see them sticking with the full blown pop direction they've taken this year).

With nothing (I don't think) to suggest an MCR return is imminent I wouldn't put them in my prediction but if they are back they'd be likely.

BMTH will headline Download on their next album in 2018 I think, though R&L could be an option instead.

alt-J I think will co-headline in 2017 (probably with Royal Blood).

Chase and Status' popularity is on the wane I think and I see them as more likely being NME headliners by 2018.

Nothing suggesting Rage will be back. I don't think this Prophets of Rage thing means anything regarding a future RATM return.

The Vaccines are already on the slide (played 4th down Other Stage at Glasto last year after being 3rd down Pyramid in 2013, and had a similar slot at TITP). Them being so high at R&L this year is baffling in itself.

 

So on balance, I'd say Kendrick Lamar (possibly co-headlining with another act), Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine.

2017's headliners being Royal Blood/alt-J (co-headline), Green Day and Kasabian.

I get the logic, but that looks more like a T in the Park lineup than R&L. I'd say one of those would have to be substituted for a heavier band/older band of sorts. Still, a decent possibility!

Edited by dylangraham
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely Muse will play 2017 or 2018, they haven't been at R&L for a while and i feel like both Muse and Foos in 2019 would be too good to be true...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Surely Muse will play 2017 or 2018, they haven't been at R&L for a while and i feel like both Muse and Foos in 2019 would be too good to be true...

I reckon in terms of 'bigger' bands it'll go

2017 - Green Day
2018 - Foo Fighters
2019 - Muse

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dylangraham said:

I get the logic, but that looks more like a T in the Park lineup than R&L. I'd say one of those would have to be substituted for a heavier band/older band of sorts. Still, a decent possibility!

Yeah true actually, didn't consider that at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atomised said:

NWA,  Frank turner, oasis 

I'll have what he's having

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

I'll have what he's having

A stroke?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arctic Monkeys // The 1975

Florence & The Machine // Vampire Weekend

Bring Me The Horizon // System Of A Down

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is rather early... but as i think it's going to be Muse/Kasabian/Royal Blood&Alt-J next year, i will go for.

Bring Me The Horizon/You Me At Six (co-headline) // Foo Fighters // Eminem

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

I'll have what he's having

You suggested The Vaccines as headliners...I'd like what you're having too.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arctic Monkeys / Tame Impala

The 1975 & You Me At Six coheadlining / Twenty One Pilots

Florence & The Machine / Macklemore

So not only guessing the availability of acts, but also the slots they'll demand in two years' time...tough one.

For the record, this would be a terrible lineup. 

Edited by Odessa
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing my original guess to

Foo Fighters
Arcitc Monkeys
Kendrick Lamar/The 1975 coheadline

That's if Kendrick isn't big enough to headline outright, which I think he will be in 2018

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Tame Impala?

Could see them as a co-headliner, not as an outright headliner though

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Tame Impala big enough? I would say they were smaller than Foals and them co-headlining is only because the festival has pushed them so hard, surely sub-headliners?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Are Tame Impala big enough? I would say they were smaller than Foals and them co-headlining is only because the festival has pushed them so hard, surely sub-headliners?

By 2018 I think they'd be big enough coheadliners by R&L standards, providing their next album doesn't flop. Bear in mind both Foals & Tame Impala are Pyramid sub headliners at Glastonbury this year so I'd say they're pretty similar in size rn. However I take your point that R&L have pushed for Foals a lot more.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.