Reef @ Shangri-La

maelzoid

Saw them play to a packed KOKO's in London in late 2013, Sub89 in Reading last year and the o2 academy in Oxford about two months ago..still got great energy and the venues were all packed each time.

and I'm 34 and really into them so the whole '41-45'  thing is nonsense...might pull in a decent crowd as they're from Glastonbury itself.  

Didn't they headline the Other Stage on the Friday night in 1997?

20 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

and I'm 34 and really into them so the whole '41-45'  thing is nonsense...

I wasn't wholly serious about that! It's just that they seemed to be everywhere from 95 to 98, and then very little afterwards. I think I saw them 9 times during that period.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

according to Wikipedia they haven't released an album since 2003, so i'm gonna guess they're currently happy to just tour their old stuff over and over

They were from Strode College in Street,  which is only about 8 miles away,  so they couldn't really be more local,  which presumably adds to their appeal for the bookers... 

http://m.centralsomersetgazette.co.uk/Somerset-rockers-Reef-released-new-song-years-s/story-28750879-detail/story.html

Yeah they have all sorts of music over the years and in Lost Vagueness before. So it could be the Hell stage and/or cocktail lounge. See you there if I remember and can get over.

Didn't they open the Other one day in 2010?  Pretty big crowd then from memory.  Should be a good singalong if it's an after hours thing and everyone's spannered.

28 here and I love Reef. If they play Hell I will be all over it like a rash. Place your Hands will be mental. Got into them by chance when they played the old Kerrang! day of rock at Virgin Megastores on Oxford Street when I was like.... 12/13.