Wellies!

stardustjunkie

4 hours ago, MissStarlight said:

I've got these le Chameau wellies, they are soooo comfy, love them. Pricey but they've lasted me two years so far with lots of dog walks and festivals.

http://www.philipmorrisdirect.co.uk/le-chameau-ladies-country-wellington-boots/product/

Two years?

I expect at least one lifetime for less than a tenner ;) 

Mind you, yours do look pretty sw*nky.

24 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Two years?

I expect at least one lifetime for less than a tenner ;) 

Mind you, yours do look pretty sw*nky.

They are a bit sw*nky to be fair. I've usually gone for the £15 Dunlop wellies, which have always served me well it has to be said. However when I tried these on, I fell in love, they are just really very comfortable and cushiony, and the rubber is quite soft.

I really do hope they last me a few more years, amazon reviews are all positive and as you say, for that price I'm expecting some good mileage out of them!

1 minute ago, MissStarlight said:

They are a bit sw*nky to be fair. I've usually gone for the £15 Dunlop wellies, which have always served me well it has to be said. However when I tried these on, I fell in love, they are just really very comfortable and cushiony, and the rubber is quite soft.

I really do hope they last me a few more years, amazon reviews are all positive and as you say, for that price I'm expecting some good mileage out of them!

He he, you should get commission ;) 

Ordinary green farmer's wellies from a hardware shop. I buy the smallest men's size. They are the most durable. Fashionable ones leak after a few days. And get knee high socks.

Edited by Watergirl

I went for something a bit more subtle, like these

https://m.blacks.co.uk/product/peter-storm-mens-comic-strip-wellies/110254

I got Peter Storm wellies in a sale, and they're comfy, don't leak and are sturdy enough for bimbling all over. 5th year of festivals this time.

Edited by carlosj

4 hours ago, carlosj said:

I went for something a bit more subtle, like these

https://m.blacks.co.uk/product/peter-storm-mens-comic-strip-wellies/110254

I got Peter Storm wellies in a sale, and they're comfy, don't leak and are sturdy enough for bimbling all over. 5th year of festivals this time.

£9 with a further 15% off - bargain!

whether they actually hold out and don't split is another question :P

1 minute ago, stardustjunkie said:

Still scratching my head. Don't know which ones to buy!

I think £40 is a reasonable spend on wellies. I'm not paying out for a brand (unless they're massively reduced) and I don't want cheap, easily trashed wellies.

Now if only I could find THE pair haha.

I think I'm just going to buy mine at the festival. I bought a pair from there for £15 in 2010 and they have been brilliant for every festival since. This year, when we dug them out of the shed, the foot areas had perished a bit and one was leaking - probably because I wasn't looking after them properly.

I want funky wellies that I can try on before I buy them, and I can certainly get a choice of those at Glasto.

Just now, JanieM28 said:

I think I'm just going to buy mine at the festival. I bought a pair from there for £15 in 2010 and they have been brilliant for every festival since. This year, when we dug them out of the shed, the foot areas had perished a bit and one was leaking - probably because I wasn't looking after them properly.

I want funky wellies that I can try on before I buy them, and I can certainly get a choice of those at Glasto.

You seem to have been lucky! One year I went through 3 pairs of wellies at the festival :/ I constantly question if I walk funny and that causes them to split!

Just now, stardustjunkie said:

You seem to have been lucky! One year I went through 3 pairs of wellies at the festival :/ I constantly question if I walk funny and that causes them to split!

Three pairs? Didn't you take them back to the same stall to complain and get your money back?

1 minute ago, JanieM28 said:

Three pairs? Didn't you take them back to the same stall to complain and get your money back?

I once spent far too much time trying to find a particular (breakfast) food stall at the festival. I'd had breakfast there on the Thursday and got completely confused about where it was. Never found it again and now every year I go I still look out for it.

The hopes of me finding a welly shop again are probably a lot slimmer :) 

After taking advice from some people on here, I got a set of waterproof walking boots last year and will never ever go back to wellies again hopefully.

I also got a set of gel insoles, last year was the first year at Glastonbury my feet have lasted the entire weekend without basically feeling like they are about to fall off!

Waterproof walking boots and a set of gaiters will cover you for all but the absolute WORST mud I should think, but as it is going to be sunny and not rain this year you won't have to worry :P

I've got a pair of DÄV wellies and had them for a few years now, paid £50/60 (can't remember exactly) 

they come in loads of styles, mine look like petite, black, shiny riding boots rather than wellies. Love them. 

They've got a fleecey lining as well so they're well comfy. 

I tried on some Hunters this weekend and they were too tall for little me :( the shorter ones looked alarmingly short as well!

I ended up ordering the Ever Creatures wellies I posted on the previous page as the website gave the measurements so hopefully they should fit. If that fails then I'll try again!