camping

sjm1919

Hello, you should normally be able to find plenty of space in South Park 2 area (bottom South West corner of the map, not far from the park and Arcadia etc but a bit out of the way so doesn't fill up quickly) I don't know where the coach drops you off though so that could be miles away from the drop off point!

The Coach drops you off at Gate A.

Once you've gone through the gate, in front of you there'll be a campsite crew base and a big map showing which fields are full and which have space - take a look at the map, and if you're unsure talk to the campsite crew. They're there to help.

Although, you shouldn't even need that - the first field after the Gate (Darble) is very likely to have plenty of space, even on Thursday so if you're not set on a particular spot and don't mind camping a little further away from the centre, you should be able to find a decent pitch within minutes.

7 hours ago, sjm1919 said:

Hi we are due to arrive by coach on thursday late afternoon. i wondered if people could recommend camp sites that usually have space around that time?

camped at Bushygrounds last year and thats not too far from Gate A and there was still plenty of space even on Friday morning

map.jpg 

Similar question, but more tent size related!

Gone big on a tent for 5 of us, see link below. Starting to get a bit worried we'll be able to squeeze it in anywhere. This is our first time but have read Darble/Pylon will be OK for something this size when arriving Thursday lunchtime?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Man-Person-Large-Alpine-Family-Camping-Tent-With-Ground-Sheet-Pegs-/111702731522

Just after some reassurance, as I'm thinking we may need to get separate tents (which ironically will take up more space)

Thanks...

5 hours ago, Hulkes_Hogan said:

Similar question, but more tent size related!

Gone big on a tent for 5 of us, see link below. Starting to get a bit worried we'll be able to squeeze it in anywhere. This is our first time but have read Darble/Pylon will be OK for something this size when arriving Thursday lunchtime?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Man-Person-Large-Alpine-Family-Camping-Tent-With-Ground-Sheet-Pegs-/111702731522

Just after some reassurance, as I'm thinking we may need to get separate tents (which ironically will take up more space)

Thanks...

Have you thought about how you are going to transport it, couldn't see the weight but it looks heavy, might need a decent trolley. 
Charm x

Thanks for the replies. It weighs a bit but two of us will carry it. We're getting a coach so will be dropped near those fields I understand.

Put it up tonight, it's huge, the communal bit is like a small living room! Hope we don't put people out in such a big tent.