Festival toilets

pinkmolly226

1 minute ago, pinkmolly226 said:

Haha I'll prob rinse it the first time, trying to be good, and that'll be it. Walking about with a pishy piece of plastic in my bag the rest of the weekend lol.

If you flick the excess off and then wipe it with loo roll, how much piss will it still have after all? :) 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all I can say is thank fuck for being in Spring Ground. All the loos there are bareable (sp?) as only the people in SG field use them.

Anyone that HATES the portaloos which SHOULD be you all I highly recommend the flushing loos at the top at the back of Pyramid field by the farmhouse - they are actual ceramic pans that flush AND they have a lid on if I remember so you don't have to do a shit in the rain.

Also, I found the compost ones last year to be quite decent as opposed to the long drops and other ones.

All I have to add to this thread is, "All hail the the compost toilet!". Even the ones at the back of The Other stage were usable on sunday despite low sawdust levels. Also had them in Pylon too and I found them to be fine all weekend.

As for the "dreaded" long-drops, make your first visit early and you will be cured of the fear.

:lol:  I'm not sure I've ever used the word mimsy before but I shall in future.

It's the toilets I end up in rather than my ever-so appealing nethers.  I know it happened twice around the Pyramid/Beat Hotel.  I was camped around there.  I imagine they think it's all great japes and they're not thinking through what they're actually doing and that they could be committing an offense.

5 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

:lol:  I'm not sure I've ever used the word mimsy before but I shall in future.

It's the toilets I end up in rather than my ever-so appealing nethers.  I know it happened twice around the Pyramid/Beat Hotel.  I was camped around there.  I imagine they think it's all great japes and they're not thinking through what they're actually doing and that they could be committing an offense.

Yes, as you say sounds like the sort of being a knob people who have had too many beers think is ok.

• 1 month later...

This thread encouraged me to do more sitting if they weren't too bad and I made sure all my wee went into the hole when I had to hover as some of them were way beyond cleaning up, noticed less muddy footprints on the seats this year too. 
Really enjoyed putting my bag on the door latch too, smiled every time I did it, sad I know. 
Charm x

I thought the toilets were far cleaner too.  I only had to hover once (feet firmly planted on floor!) and that was due to it being too dark to be certain I could sit.  The composters in Wicket were very well taken care of.  There was even toilet roll most of the time.  Plus the kid-sized compost loos were adorable.  I also discovered that while I can use my she-wee with great abandon in my tent or in a cubicle, urinals give me stage fright. :D

Best I've seen the toilets, which made up for the fact that the flushing loos by the farm had disappeared. Only slight thing was that the antibacterial wash seemed to run out quite quickly at most sited and was seemingly never replaced.

Noooo .!! Never got tickets this year sadly, but those flushers were my sanctuary at 6-30 every morning ! A little touch of comfort in my day. Sitting with my Glasto programme planning my day with a good poo.back to tent for a few aspirin washed down with a rehydration powder .went to Down the rabbit hole in holland this year instead of sulking here , and toilets are amazing .All porcelain flashers and immaculate .