Festival toilets

pinkmolly226

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There was a great photo on here years ago that someone had taken by holding their camera down one of the longdrops.

Took a while to figure out exactly what it was you were looking at before you realised it was a succession of arses.

Ah, yeah, i remember that. Couple of years ago. I've got it saved somewhere, hold up....

here you go

image.jpeg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can deal with wee on the seat and I have been known in one particularly desperate situation to go in one where there was poo next to the seat (luckily I'm very small so it was easily avoided) but the one thing that annoys me more than anything is toilet paper all over the seat.

If you've got the time to stand there and drape paper all over it before you sit down then you've got the time to remove it afterwards! Don't leave it there to get all pissy and wet! Especially if it's raining! :nono:

Has anyone mentioned again the great bit of going to the long drops kit that is the large S hook (hardware shop/market)!

Top hangs over the door, hang your bag containing phone on the bottom bit then only the stuff goes into the abyss that you want!!

9 minutes ago, Dillyblue said:

Has anyone mentioned again the great bit of going to the long drops kit that is the large S hook (hardware shop/market)!

Top hangs over the door, hang your bag containing phone on the bottom bit then only the stuff goes into the abyss that you want!!

Don't we just put the latch through bag strap?

8 hours ago, russycarps said:

The piss all over the seats in the long drops is almost entirely from women. Same goes for the mud that looks like shit at the sides.

It's quite a recent phenomenon, and coincides with the influx of the fuckwits with flowers in their hair dressed head to toe in top shop.

^This^

I spend 8 weeks at a time living on a boat solely occupied by men and I hardly ever find piss on the seats. When I first started going to festivals I had the mentality when queueing for toilets of waiting for one that a woman came out of thinking they would be much cleaner. Experience has taught me different. Sorry if that's not what some women want to hear but the hoverers are absolutely the worst offenders.

And Glastonbury toilets really aren't that bad!

17 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

^This^

I spend 8 weeks at a time living on a boat solely occupied by men and I hardly ever find piss on the seats. When I first started going to festivals I had the mentality when queueing for toilets of waiting for one that a woman came out of thinking they would be much cleaner. Experience has taught me different. Sorry if that's not what some women want to hear but the hoverers are absolutely the worst offenders.

And Glastonbury toilets really aren't that bad!

Sorry.
Charm x

24 minutes ago, Charm said:

Sorry.
Charm x

I strongly suspect that was a sarcastic sorry rather than an apology for being a poor hoverer Charm.:unsure: and it really is just my experience. Whilst there are undoubtably excellent hoverers, there are also many poor ones and whilst this in itself is not the 'be all and end all' there is no excuse whatsoever for not giving the seat a wipe round if a mess is left. And that comment is aimed at both sexes, myself included!

Shaun.

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I strongly suspect that was a sarcastic sorry rather than an apology for being a poor hoverer Charm.:unsure: and it really is just my experience. Whilst there are undoubtably excellent hoverers, there are also many poor ones and whilst this in itself is not the 'be all and end all' there is no excuse whatsoever for not giving the seat a wipe round if a mess is left. And that comment is aimed at both sexes, myself included!

Shaun.

It wasn't meant to be sarcastic as I know it's not nice for others, would like to stop hovering but I'm scared, I don't put my feet on the seat though, just lean back into the corner. 
Charm x

11 minutes ago, Charm said:

It wasn't meant to be sarcastic as I know it's not nice for others, would like to stop hovering but I'm scared, I don't put my feet on the seat though, just lean back into the corner. 
Charm x

Anti bacterial wet wipes are your friend, probably just as clean as your home toilet then! And after the first time you'll wonder what the fuss was about!

Either that or a friend to hold your hands while you hover!:D

8 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

What are you scared of Charm? What do you do at work or when you're out and about normally. I would rather sit on a loo seat than eat at some of the catering vans tbh.

I've never been into a female public toilet and found urine on the seat, so it's not really a problem. 
I just don't like the idea of sitting down in a even a small amount of someone else's urine, considering I go to wee lots of times at the end of the day I may have 20 different samples on me, it's not that appealing. 
Charm x

6 minutes ago, blackred said:

@Charm bit of a grim way of thinking about it, between the leaky urinals, people who miss the toilet and floor pissers every time you sit on the ground you are probably touching more than 20 samples! As long as you keep your hands and face clean it's not really a problem.

I know you're right, maybe because I've accidentally sat in the wee of various inconsiderate relatives too many times I'm now weird about it. 
Charm x

I've got to admit I have never walked into my works toilet and seen them anywhere near as bad as I would see at festival. If my work toilet was anywhere near as bad i'd be right on the phone to health and safety!

Yeah I've had to have the occasional wipe, but I've never been face to face with a full days worth of shit from at least 1000 revellers, which I have faced a number of times at Glastonbury lol. But it's all part of the festival! and it doesn't stop me at all.

I have defo taken your advice on board and I will take them as they come and get on with it :) I will be armed with wipes, anti-bacterial gel and some Vicks/air freshener.

Such a good thread lol

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Anti bacterial wet wipes are your friend, probably just as clean as your home toilet then! And after the first time you'll wonder what the fuss was about!

Either that or a friend to hold your hands while you hover!:D

having your own personal she-wee is also an answer to the problem..... standing up to wee in the long drop instead of having to hover is a joy

36 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

having your own personal she-wee is also an answer to the problem..... standing up to wee in the long drop instead of having to hover is a joy

I was thinking of buying a shewee but worried I don't use it right and end up with pee down my wellies lol 

6 hours ago, eviepeach said:

I always go into a long drop after a girl has been in there. Unless she's one of those standing up on the toilet monsters, they are more likely to sit (or squat) on a clean toilet!

Girls are much messier than they used to be! Last year, I discovered that the cleanest cubicles were the ones that a man holding a loo roll has come out of, because he has clearly gone in for a poo, therefore cleaned it so he can sit for 10 minutes to poo and read the paper! 

49 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

I was thinking of buying a shewee but worried I don't use it right and end up with pee down my wellies lol 

:lol: I've not had an accident with mine yet but that's why I only use it from sunset on.  That way if I end up covered in my own wee, no one will know unless I tell them.

Edit:  Also all shewee things are not created equal.  Some have bigger bits to cup everything nicely and keep a seal.  My mate has an old school one that I'd never trust (nor has she yet!).  I got mine a few years ago after a rcommendation on here.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Purple-Whiz/dp/B001ANQDVG 

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

39 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

Practise, practise, practise - lots of times at home. Once you've learned how to use it, it's fine. Beware of the little cardboard she-wees they give you for free at the she-wee places - they are difficult to 'position' in the right spot and often leak!

Not nice! Take a proper one...

34 minutes ago, MissStarlight said:

I've had a couple of absolute shockers when using a she wee. It definitely takes some practice, and the margin of error is very narrow.

I agree with you there. I've had some, er, incidents with a she wee... I haven't used mine in a few years and just find it easier to practice my squats a bit more haha

Something perhaps to think about for the ladies thinking it's the guys leaving the unpleasantries.

9/10 if a guy wants a number 1 he will go to the urinals next to the long drops etc. It's simply quicker. 

If a guy is having a pee he is much more likely (not always) to have a better aim as he's done it his entire life. 

It's  much more likely that the sights we all see are due to squatting, so if you're a squatter don't moan about it imo 

I have no intention of cleaning anything solid off a pan but a bit of piss is fine. Wet wipe, go, get out. Enjoy the rest of your festival