Needing inspiration with lineup

chestwig

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/20/2016 at 4:54 PM, chestwig said:

Would anybody else have some killer must see recommendations for bands?

Vessels who are playing the Glade, particularly if you're into electronic music which you obviously are. they are a live band with drummers synths everywhere and loads of live gear, they are fantastic and I think you'd like them!

4 minutes ago, chestwig said:

OK so ive checked that playlist out. The first twenty songs are coldplay and muse.

Eeerrrr....No thanks.

Holding out for some decent draw at west Holt's. Is that looking likely to be James Blake and underworld? What about the 3rd night?

Are you a WUM? The playlist is in poster order. I'd have thought that was pretty obvious! It currently contains 1,706 songs. Of those, a grand total of 10 (not 20), are by Coldplay and Muse - an equal number are by your favourites Beck and PJ Harvey . If you really are trying to find new acts then I suggest you put it on shuffle. There'll be lots you don't like, but hopefully something that piques your interest will come along sooner or later.

17 minutes ago, chestwig said:

OK so ive checked that playlist out. The first twenty songs are coldplay and muse.

Eeerrrr....No thanks.

Holding out for some decent draw at west Holt's. Is that looking likely to be James Blake and underworld? What about the 3rd night?

Earth, Wind and Fire.

27 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Eeerrrr....No thanks.

Did you have a late night or are you having a laugh? 

On 21/05/2016 at 7:15 AM, russycarps said:

I skip about 15 songs for every 1 I listen to on that playlist. So much awful stuff.

agree there is some awful stuff but you have to shift through it all to find the gems, it's took me hours to listen to 1 song per artist and filtering from there on to what I want to listen further on..... :) its the only way lol

Edited by shoptildrop

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Are you a WUM? The playlist is in poster order. I'd have thought that was pretty obvious! It currently contains 1,706 songs. Of those, a grand total of 10 (not 20), are by Coldplay and Muse - an equal number are by your favourites Beck and PJ Harvey . If you really are trying to find new acts then I suggest you put it on shuffle. There'll be lots you don't like, but hopefully something that piques your interest will come along sooner or later.

He's not a WUM. Just an idiot. Spends most of his time crying about the lineup and threatening to send his ticket back. He also wished a tumour upon Russy last tine he was here, which was nice of him.

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Oh I see... shit. 

I'll take a proper look later. That initial glimpse just put me off a little.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's not a WUM. Just an idiot. Spends most of his time crying about the lineup and threatening to send his ticket back. He also wished a tumour upon Russy last tine he was here, which was nice of him.

That's interesting. So I've made some comments about a weaker than an average Glastonbury lineup. And you see this as me 'crying'?

This opinion is shared by practically every single person I know going to the festival this year and we're all hoping things do improve and something special comes out of what we do see.

Also you say I've been threatening to get rid of my ticket. Why is this in anyway threatening to you? It's just an action I may or may not take, I don't see why you see as a threat. 

Your a strange one. Why don't you learn to deal with the fact that sometimes people might have a varied and often more informed opinion than your own. Either that or crawl back under your rock.

Edited by chestwig

Kurt Vile is quite good - I'm looking forward to seeing him. Latest single here

Mac DeMarco also quite good, he's feckin' nuts! Possible nudity if he's still doing that

Blossoms - seeing them on Wednesday support Last Shadow Puppets (also check them out if you don't already know 'em)

I suspect it's on hiatus while the band are touring to Europe. There are a few online mixes kicking around, though:

https://m.soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/solid-steel-radio-show-2942016-hour-2-chris-menist

https://m.mixcloud.com/the_Quietus/quietus-mix-45-paradise-bangkok-visit-europe/

Listen to The Paradise Bangkok Molam International Band mix on Gilles Peterson Worldwide (GPWW961) by Gilles Peterson Worldwide #np on #SoundCloud

They also compiled the Sound of Siam albums on Soundway Records:

https://www.soundwayrecords.com/Shop/DownloadDetails?rid=SWR_RE_19

Edited by CaledonianGonzo