Sound clashing

crocodiles

It's not really a problem. It used to be a major issue years back when the Q tent was in the same field as the Other Stage, and you will (if the wind's blowing the right way) occasionally hear the Glade, but the sound quality at Other has definitely improved.

4 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Thanks was thinking some of the smaller or acoustic stages may get enveloped by the bigger stages or dance stages 

Have you been before? I think you'll be surprised at how big the place is and therefore how spread out the stages are. It's not like Reading or T or V where everything's crammed into a small space.

This does happen and it is very unfortunate.  I don't know if they still have it, but the "Spirit of '71" stage is in a spot that seems to get sound from everywhere.  It stopped me from going there because I just can't zone out that amount of sound overspill.  

Even a big stage like the Acoustic Stage can suffer from it.  It gets overspill from the Pyramid.  If I recall correctly I was watching Lucinda Williams on the Acoustic, who was playing when Mumford & Sons (not exactly Metallica) were on the Pyramid.  Lucinda commented on it, asking if Mumford & Sons have any quiet songs...

I guess it is part and parcel of festivals.  Billy Bragg tells a great story how in the early days he was programmed opposite the Clash.  He was on a small stage in a corner at some festival and things started off well, but then an almighty noise started coming across a field.  He realized he was being drowned out by the Clash and said, "I never felt more proud!".

6 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Thanks was thinking some of the smaller or acoustic stages may get enveloped by the bigger stages or dance stages 

The big 3 stages Pyramid, Other and West Holts don't have anything around them really... The Glade is nearest the other stage and you don't get anything significant from that.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

2 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

It's not really a problem. It used to be a major issue years back when the Q tent was in the same field as the Other Stage, and you will (if the wind's blowing the right way) occasionally hear the Glade, but the sound quality at Other has definitely improved.

Have you been before? I think you'll be surprised at how big the place is and therefore how spread out the stages are. It's not like Reading or T or V where everything's crammed into a small space.

No never been b4 and trying to get my head round how big site . Got a vague idea as picturing in terms of distances around where I live . But then I don't live on farm land :rolleyes: so looking forward to the shock of seeing it for first time 

5 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

No never been b4 and trying to get my head round how big site . Got a vague idea as picturing in terms of distances around where I live . But then I don't live on farm land :rolleyes: so looking forward to the shock of seeing it for first time 

Oooh, you're in for a treat! Am jealous of first-timers who get to see and explore for the first time. 

Have you seen this: http://plainaudacious.com/so-how-big-is-glastonbury/

13 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

when i first went i was in awe of how big it was , walking from your tent to the pyramid seemed to take an age. Now the whole site is bigger. where i used to camp was by the wall, now that are is the Park stage. that's how much it has grown.

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

The only sound clash I've ever really experienced is between Sonic, Gully and Blues stages and at times it's really bad. Think I read somewhere that they've repositioned a couple stages at Silver Hayes for this year, hopefully that'll help because it puts me off going there

16 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I've had it at the Park stage before, was standing quite a bit back and i could hear the stonebridge bar at the same time as Father John Misty.

Yep I have also had experience of both these areas and noise blending from multiple areas. Silver Hayes is the worst by far. Hopefully moving Sonic will help