Brothers cider Bar

marathonsteve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Think it was 3 for a tenner at some point last year. They do have strong restorative qualities. 

I thought they had stopped doing that offer a couple of years ago.  That said, with the advent of the Thatchers Bars, I don't visit the Brothers bar as much as I used to

19 hours ago, rubenz said:

Think it was 3 for a tenner at some point last year. They do have strong restorative qualities. 

The Cider bus was doing this last year (and previous years) and then they just stopped it on the Thurs/Fri. I heard that some of the other bars were moaning about being undercut etc so they put a stop to it.

6 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

The Cider bus was doing this last year (and previous years) and then they just stopped it on the Thurs/Fri. I heard that some of the other bars were moaning about being undercut etc so they put a stop to it.

Booze price war at glastonbury.... we can only dream.

22 hours ago, shuttlep said:

bring back the two litre bottles

end of

As I recall they were made to stop selling them halfway through one festival. Can't remember which year but I walked into the (then) JazzWorld stage area and it was a sea of empty bottles with a lot of very merry people.

2 minutes ago, budvar said:

As I recall they were made to stop selling them halfway through one festival. Can't remember which year but I walked into the (then) JazzWorld stage area and it was a sea of empty bottles with a lot of very merry people.

Either 2004 or 2005.  I think it was 2004, the year I got severe sunburn from being an idiot after drinking said 2 litre bottle.

11 minutes ago, budvar said:

i think it was 05, i bought two bottles when they opened, (i hadn't been to sleep and fancied cider for breakfast so sat outside for an hour waiting for them to open. I have a picture some where) went back to the tent drank one and passed out. woke up fancied another went back and they said they had to stop. They said it was to promote responsible drinking.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Either 2004 or 2005.  I think it was 2004, the year I got severe sunburn from being an idiot after drinking said 2 litre bottle.

not sure of the year but I know the story behind it and MDC officials went nuts and contacted the 
DPS - in fact while it was being sorted out the WBC were not allowed to sell any Cider - I was
working that night in a public bar and the Customers were not happy - it took longer as the # Personal licence Holder # at first could not have been found - Brothers were very close to being shut down completely - I did not see it but I did speak to the DPS later and he did say there was lots of underage people really out of it. - whoever was running that bar did not even know what DPS meant nor the power he had { sadly he is no longer with us } 

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

24 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i think it was 05, i bought two bottles when they opened, (i hadn't been to sleep and fancied cider for breakfast so sat outside for an hour waiting for them to open. I have a picture some where) went back to the tent drank one and passed out. woke up fancied another went back and they said they had to stop. They said it was to promote responsible drinking.

I'd have said 2007 or maybe even 2008.  A friend of mine remembers them and I'm pretty sure 2007 was his first year there.

25 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

not sure of the year but I know the story behind it and MDC officials went nuts and contacted the 
DPS - in fact while it was being sorted out the WBC were not allowed to sell any Cider - I was
working that night in a public bar and the Customers were not happy - it took longer as the # Personal licence Holder # at first could not have been found - Brothers were very close to being shut down completely - I did not see it but I did speak to the DPS later and he did say there was lots of underage people really out of it. - whoever was running that bar did not even know what DPS meant nor the power he had { sadly he is no longer with us } 

What is dps. Sorry if I'm being thick

1 minute ago, the fluorescent adolescent said:

What is dps. Sorry if I'm being thick

Designated Premises Supervisor - ' the shit stops with him/her ' - there is only one DPS for the whole site and he/she can shut any bar just like that - no matter who the operators are they have to do exactly what the DPS demands. 

20 minutes ago, MrMac said:

I'd have said 2007 or maybe even 2008.  A friend of mine remembers them and I'm pretty sure 2007 was his first year there.

yes your correct - I posted about this on another forum and checked up # it was 2007 #

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Do we know what the bar prices will be this year for Ale?

Someone usually posts a picture of the bar prices menu that works there a few days before the festival. It's almost more anticipated than the full line up. I'm guessing there wont be too much of an increase vs last year as given Beer duty was cut by 1p this year.