Where do we start?

pinkmolly226

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, pinkmolly226 said:

Maybe just grab a few beers and see where our legs take us? 

Do exactly that. I find it best not to have regimented things to do for newbies. Just bimble about and be surprised what you stumble across

Edited by Twisted Melon

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Had a couple of nice traditional Thatchers' on the walk between the Pyramid (right of the stage) to the Other stage, think I tried the Heritage and the Big Apple, both very nice but I wouldn't recommend having too many!

my problem is that cider drinks like apple juice, so I agree with the too many comment. I mustve had 5/6 on the Friday last year before 6pm and had to stop drinking for a few hours and have a coffee or 2 to perk myself up a bit or I'd have probably been done for the day :P

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Despite previous form (!), I'm not sure the Nalster was being too sarky...

Of course, I'm a naive, half-full person, so I could be entirely wrong!

:)

Ben

Oh no, full on sarky mode from me there. 

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Start where you want,

End where you want,

Throw the plan out of the window.

ENJOY!

This. Miss stuff, get lost, end up in the same place you left 10 minutes previously, be late for gigs, get caught in the rain, have a few bad meals, visit horrific toilets, don't bring a jumper and be freezing at night, buy a poncho.

I'd much rather the below happening than being frog marched up hills and told when and where to look.

Took my missus for the first time in 2013 and on the Wednesday I didn't tell her we should go anywhere. Let her do it all.

*points at the ribbon tower*

"Whats that? Can we go up there?"

"Yeah lets go".  

She still says its her favourite (non music) day ever at the festival. We walked the entire site. Not in the order I would have suggested. Took a bit longer but thats how you see all the great stuff.

Edited by The Nal

The up the hill thing is always fun. Other than that I tend to just them wonder and explain to them what everything is as we go past. And maybe nudge them in another direction if they start walking towards miles of campsite with nothing but the fence beyond it.

Last year (our first time at G) me and a friend were waiting for our mates to get back from the supermarket with beer on the Wednesday. We saw the hill with the sign while we were wandering about and decided we should wait 'til they got back before making the climb.

After chatting with said friend over the weekend it dawned on me that I never actually went up that hill. Not once. Didn't even think about it for the entire weekend. Somehow managed to be elsewhere when everyone else went up so it's an absolute must for me this year. 

First stop - Cider Bus. Then a good wander - go and see the dragon and take obligatory pic, try and cover all corners of the site, talking about what's changed, remind yourself of the lay out...

.... then back to the cider bus for the evening! 

Edited by Yokel Again

I'm trying to recall my first Glastonbury, in 2007. If only I'd known how special it would become to me, I'd have tried a bit hard to remember everything! All I knew was that it was a famous festival, but I just had no idea of the scale and effort involved in it until I was about a day into the thing!

I'm pretty sure we pitched up by Pyramid (as you do), and luckily we knew some people at the festival who had been before. They came to meet us and we started wandering a bit, before one of them suggested we sit on the stone circle hill for a bit - I remember him describing it to me as a cool place with people playing drums and the like, so we headed there and spent some time smoking and people watching.

It was then I started to appreciate the size of the place. No idea what we did next! Just lots of little flashes of memory!

Anyone ever seen that guy with the LED stickman costume that walks around the stone circle at night? He can switch between a smiley stick man face, and a devil face. Absolute genius. He was definitely there in 2007 and seen him a couple of times since. Wondered if he's on these boards.

Edited by MissStarlight

10 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

5th year going now and still not see the bloody dragon.. Somehwere near stone circle isn't it..?

Yep. It took me five or six years to find it. And only found the Piano Bar in 2013.

Found the tunnel under the railway track in my first year, though - it had lights and a sound installation in those days. And a fat bloke having a wee... :mad: