Rage Against the Machine

PastRecedes

Who knows what the countdown is for on June 1st, but presuming they are performing live again... imagine them playing a secret set this year or being booked for next year. I reckon it's likely if they are back, considering the favourable comments Emily has made in the past about their Glastonbury performance.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I can definitely see it being something related to Trump, hopefully if they are back they come over here, I think it's very unlikely 

Yep. Trump is now another thing to add to the list of motivators for new material that the band will ignore, just to do cash-grabbing gigs instead.

They were absolutely immense at Download. I'd love to see them at Glastonbury. 

Unfortunately I just can't see it. Download and R+L will be desperate to book them if they come back over here. Both of those festivals seem to be struggling for headliners, what with R+L's co-headline gimmick this year and Download's heavily repeated bookings. I think both of those festivals will be willing to throw the kitchen sink at them, whereas Glastonbury wouldn't be that bothered.

I'd like to be proven wrong though since I doubt I'll go to Download again and I certainly won't be going to R+L.

They haven't released anything for 17 years. Thats the same length of time between the beginning of World War 2 and Elvis. Or Elvis' first album to the Ramones first album. Lazy c**ts. They're an ancient relic now. Albeit a great one. 

I saw them a couple of times in 2010 ish and was glad to see them but they were going through the motions. Very much of their time without new tunes. Ill stick to listening to the old albums.

But yeah, new album and tour please! Different altogether. 

Hopefully when Trump is elected all these very capable protest acts will get a kick up the arse and start making some decent music.

61mxLkh9ZxL._SX522_.jpg

Edited by The Nal

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

They were absolutely immense at Download. I'd love to see them at Glastonbury. 

Unfortunately I just can't see it. Download and R+L will be desperate to book them if they come back over here. Both of those festivals seem to be struggling for headliners, what with R+L's co-headline gimmick this year and Download's heavily repeated bookings. I think both of those festivals will be willing to throw the kitchen sink at them, whereas Glastonbury wouldn't be that bothered.

I'd like to be proven wrong though since I doubt I'll go to Download again and I certainly won't be going to R+L.

I think you're right, they're more likely to do R&L or Download, but I could also see RATM getting booked for Glasto but not as a main stage headliner - either headlining the other stage, or (if the Radiohead sub rumours turn out to be true this year) doing a similar sub spot next year, as 'special guests'. That way neither festival would have the same headliner, similar to Foals being at both R&L and glasto this year.

Edited by dylangraham

1 minute ago, dylangraham said:

I think you're right, they're more likely to do R&L or Download, but I could also see RATM getting booked for Glasto but not as a main stage headliner - either headlining the other stage or (if the Radiohead sub rumours turn out to be true this year) doing a similar sub spot next year, as 'special guests'. That way neither festival would have the same headliner, similar to Foals being at both R&L and glasto this year.

If R+L or Download get them, I'd be gobsmacked if it there's wasn't an exclusivity deal in place. R+L in particular will be absolutely desperate to avoid having their headliners play in lower slots at Glastonbury. If that continues in the long term it will make their festival(s) look amateur.

I suppose they could do Download and Glastonbury since there isn't that much of a crossover audience, but I still think they would offer that bit extra $$$ to get exclusivity. 

I'd love them to headline the Other though.

9 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Ahh this is exciting! Phenomenal live band, count me in :)

3 minutes ago, TomLove said:

Can't see this being Glastonbury related, or even uk related, surely the obvious reason to stir them from a length hiatus is Donald Trump? Just seems like too much of a coincidence not to be...

Yo are you guys a double act? :P

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yo are you guys a double act? :P

Rumbled :o

And yeah, I agree with what others have said. Rage at Glastonbury doesn't seem likely at all. I do remember Michael speaking about them quite positively a few years back though so I'd imagine they would at least try to get them.