Rage Against the Machine

PastRecedes

1 hour ago, endswithMJ said:

Their gig at Reading 08 was the best thing I've ever seen. My first festival and first headline performance. Nothing so far has topped that

Was a great performance and fantastic to finally get to see them in the flesh.  Friends saw them at their '94 Glastonbury performance and I have never, ever got over the envy.

This project is in line with other stuff they'd done in the past.  I'd probably be up for seeing them.  I've given up on ever hearing new Rage tracks now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Was a great performance and fantastic to finally get to see them in the flesh.  Friends saw them at their '94 Glastonbury performance and I have never, ever got over the envy.

This project is in line with other stuff they'd done in the past.  I'd probably be up for seeing them.  I've given up on ever hearing new Rage tracks now.

I'm fine with not having any new material. I just want to seem them live once more. If they could delivery half the energy of their Reading 08 performance that would be something!

I'm so upset there isn't any pro shot footage of that reading gig. 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

"the new all-star group is planning to perform songs from all three respective bands and the tour is being mapped out currently."

First gig on June 3rd apparently. Unless the have an album ready to go?

Looks to me like its a couple of weeks rehearsal and then a smash and grab summer tour. Morello playing Fight the Power, Bring the Noise, Insane in the Brain etc. 

At least that clown Flavor Flav isn't involved.

I thought it looked pretty interesting at first but if it's just them doing the three bands' songs then that's much less so. Still more forward thinking than a third Rage reunion though ffs.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I thought it looked pretty interesting at first but if it's just them doing the three bands' songs then that's much less so. Still more forward thinking than a third Rage reunion though ffs.

i'd say it's more a case of 'Zach wouldn't do it so we got our mates to fill in instead'. maybe if new material is in the pipeline it could end up being pretty interesting, but as it is it looks more like a cash grab 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i'd say it's more a case of 'Zach wouldn't do it so we got our mates to fill in instead'. maybe if new material is in the pipeline it could end up being pretty interesting, but as it is it looks more like a cash grab 

They're not gonna be going for the same bookings and paycheques Rage would have been getting, and at the same time they're adding Public Enemy and Cypress Hill tunes to the set.

It is really really fun playing songs you wrote and love with your mates. Cash grab? I wouldn't be so negative. They have a right to make money from something they are really fucking good at and I'm sure having a great time too and travelling the world. Making money whilst making people happy and spreading knowledge about all sorts of world issues is nothing to be ashamed of. If we get an EP/ charity single out of it then even better. 

Edited by danbailey80