Personal Worst / most embarrassing event

secondr0w

1 hour ago, karaseen said:

Without knowing this poor girl's outcome I can't comment on whether or not it is worse than my worst moment ;)

It just seems to me that there'd be a better way to collect the purse than getting lowered in? Find a steward? A long stick? So many people carry those things around - don't know what they are called - but they are staffs with heads on top of them.

What are those for anyway? This is something I have always wanted to know.

I reckon the girl was fine.  The story of the girl who fell in the longdrop would be part of glasto lore and I don't think I've heard that story.

we had several for a few years , dont exactly know why but semi usefull in crowds and a lot lighter than flags !!

This story taught me a vital lesson in festival life..

18 year old me, Decided Festivals are a great place to get lucky. Found a girl, getting on great, Thurs decided to go back to her tent, only to find her brother in there, Who wasn't to happy about letting me in. I was gutted, anyway she then said we will go back to yours, after a trek across site we got back to my tent.  Did the dead happy days.

Woke up the next morning, she did the walk of shame infront of all my mates. Once she gone, i started to brag being the only one who had pulled all festival.... Until my mate ventured into my tent, what did he find, the bloodiest tampon i had ever seen in my life.... He walks out dangling it on a string and my face drops.....

My wasted state is my only excuse for not realizing she was on.

Which then resulted in every female we came across for the rest of the weekend being told how i love the taste of blood....

Embarrassing but god i can laugh about it..... Lesson learn, sex at festival isn't the one, no matter how tempting. 

17 hours ago, incident said:

I've certainly heard plenty of stories of people falling into the Long Drops, and I think some of them might even be true..

Specifically, one year there was a spate of reports of it - I think it was 2014, might have been 2013. Somewhere around then anyway - the Festival started switching to a new easier to clean style of Long Drop, where the seats and supporting layer were all a single moulded piece of plastic.

Anyway, there was some problems with them not being strong enough - and a quite a few instances of them giving way over the weekend, a block near where I camped was closed for a while for repairs. I didn't see any first hand evidence of it, but there was a handful of reports of people falling all the way in when it collapsed under them.

I think the consensus was that it was caused by the people who think it's a good idea to stand on / next to the seat and put all their weight on it while they desperately try and avoid touching the seat.. Which might have backfired a bit.

Interesting. I had not heard these stories or if i did, I didn't believe!

I will definitely NOT stand on them. If you read my story earlier in the thread I did this in a portaloo with disastrous consequences. I think I've learned that lesson! :) 

33 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Interesting. I had not heard these stories or if i did, I didn't believe!

I will definitely NOT stand on them. If you read my story earlier in the thread I did this in a portaloo with disastrous consequences. I think I've learned that lesson! :) 

Here's one of the threads about it.. It was 2013 after all.

Nasty.

57 minutes ago, Alvarhanso said:

Very good. Any story which includes "But that was just the beginning of Charlotte’s humiliation" is gonna be good.

I remember there was a rumour of a poo-pirate at Reading, where some guy was dressed as a pirate, who somehow managed to get in with a rubber dingy. Almost certainly bollocks, but the image is a good one.

Edited by big__phil

3 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Very good. Any story which includes "But that was just the beginning of Charlotte’s humiliation" is gonna be good.

I remember there was a rumour of a poo-pirate at Reading, where some guy was dressed as a pirate, and somehow managed to get in with a rubber dingy. Almost certainly bollocks, but the image is certainly a good one.

I heard something similar at Reading, but it was somebody had taken something which made them think going for a swim in the long drops would be a good idea. I never found out if the rumour was true or just a campfire myth.  

1 hour ago, Alvarhanso said:

“I knew I couldn’t get out myself and was so embarrassed.”

Yeah so embarrassed she agreed to have it printed in the local paper. Still, what good is this story without a photo?

10 minutes ago, Alvarhanso said:

I shall make your bottom wish it had never been *born*!

latest?cb=20110115172006

i love it, my brother in Law lives next door to the bishop of Bath and Wells. I really want to knock on and do an impression. alas I think that would be frowned upon

On 19/05/2016 at 3:18 PM, gorfield said:

had a shit in the long drop.. dropped my whole bog roll down the long drop...

used a wollen glove.

itchy bum all day

I rang out of toilet roll last year so I used an old page of the clashfinder, this resulted in me getting a paper cut on my arse. Weirdest pain ever.

3 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I rang out of toilet roll last year so I used an old page of the clashfinder, this resulted in me getting a paper cut on my arse. Weirdest pain ever.

fuck me that sounds HORRIBLE
Moral of the story is this: print this years clashfinder on softer paper in case of emergencies :P

• 10 months later...

I quite often take a small bike, as when it's dry its quite handy to get around during the day. useless if it's even slightly muddy though.

So a few years back, not sure when, pre 2010 i think, i was cycling around after all the bands had finished, just for fun and quite, quite drunk. At the top of the main stage on the path some people had a little laser pen and were making people jump 'over' the beam, and when they saw me cycle past there were shouts of 'bunny hop it!' so I turned around and attempted to bunny hop over the beam, SPECTACULARLY fucked it up and cycled into a bunch of the barrel bins, knocking everything over, me included.

everyone was pissing themselves, whereas I was mortified and pushed my bike away as quickly as possible.

wish I'd stayed and had a laugh with them, but I was so embarrassed I just wanted to get away :D

• 4 years later...

These are all amazing. Can't believe it's taken me so long to find them. 

My mate lost his phone and tried to call it the next day without expecting anyone to answer it. He assumed it would have run out of battery anyway. To his surprise a guy answered, and they arranged where to meet so he could get it back. On the way to the collection point my mate decided that he’d give this random good Samaritan £1 for every percent of charge the phone had left on it. He arrived and handed over a fully charged phone to my mate, who promptly handed over £100. Only at Glastonbury would someone find a phone and fully charge it before returning it to the rightful owner.

• Upvote 1

These stories are too good to be kept to a forum. 

I'm in the process of creating an eBook of festival stories found across the web, and put them all in one place. No names, just the funny stories. If you don't want me to use yours, please let me know. But please do, they're ace.

True story that happened to a friend of a friend. Pretty sure this was in 2016...

Anyway the young chap has enjoyed a day at the festival to the hilt and journeys back to the campsite in the early hours. Stumbling into the tent, very worse for wear, and stinking of beer, BO etc, he decides to have a wet-wipe bath before getting into his sleeping bag. He strips down naked and proceeds to give himself a full wet-wiping. At which point the zip door to the inner tent opens and a woman he has never seen before pokes her head out and irately asks, "what the fuck are you doing?" And only then  he realises he wasn't in his tent at all, but another one of the same make and model.