Do you lot have any little rituals or traditions you like to kick off your festival with?

RichardWaller

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the tent has been put up, we toast it, and all who sail in it, with a shot of vodka using my camping metal shot glasses with anybody/everybody who's camping near us. Nice way to meet your neighbours, celebrate getting the tent up and start the festival

3 minutes ago, Bubblecup said:

Afternoon tea in Toad Hall is an annual tradition!

Never done that! The Wife might appreciate that though, this'll be her first Glastonbury so maybe start quite civilised...

2 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

We tend to take a walk over to the park stage and if it's a nice day sit by the Glastonbury sign with a few cold beers :)

Aye, I love it up there, great view of the whole site. 

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

As soon as the tent has been put up, we toast it, and all who sail in it, with a shot of vodka using my camping metal shot glasses with anybody/everybody who's camping near us. Nice way to meet your neighbours, celebrate getting the tent up and start the festival

Where are you camping perchance... :rolleyes:

We usually drive from Glasgow. Leave about 11pm Monday and arrive in Somerset around 9am Tuesday (couple of service stops/snooze stops on way down) 

fill up car with booze from asda in Taunton and head to Glastonbury. Spend a few hours in the town before we head to pilton, go to a wee pub until the car park opens then party in the car park or sleep (depending on how much sleep we've had travelling) 

all this before the gates have even opened! 

Getting the coach this year so going to miss our wee ritual! 

30 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Set up tent, plonk down chair, open cider. Then wander down to the cider bus and then the West Holts brothers bar and sit in the sun :)

Sounds pretty similar to what we are planning. Maybe wait for our neighbours to pitch up so we can meet them.

42 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

Mines fairly standard really. Straight after the gate I find a patch of grass, heavy bags go on the floor and I sit down and open a can of cider and for about 15 minutes just people watch and let in sink in that I'm back in the place I love.

I'm the same. Do it at most festivals I go to except Bestival. There you get through the gate and find yourself straight in front of a steep hill to struggle down :rolleyes: