box of red wine

shuttlep

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

One year I took a box of Red Wine that was only about 10% but tasted like blackcurrant squash.  Needless to say I got absolutely smashed.

EDIT: I think it was this one http://www.namaquawines.com/namaqua-wines?brand=namaqua&variation=namaqua-export-box

Some friends of mine took a box of that in 2014 and they found it so rough that it was forever nicknamed 'crack wine' it now gets purchased occasionally for ironic reasons, it was the African Horizon Red Cape one.

Just now, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Some friends of mine took a box of that in 2014 and they found it so rough that it was forever nicknamed 'crack wine' it now gets purchased occasionally for ironic reasons, it was the African Horizon Red Cape one.

Its entirely possible that it wasn't that one, but the name sounds familiar.

I have done Glastonbury almost purely drinking from my own supplies of boxed red wine. If it is to be done, then I would thoroughly recommend spending a few quid more on each box, and, essentially, steering clear of Cardboardeaux. If you really must drink red wine the minute your eyes open, then you'll have needed to have decanted wine in to a plastic bottle. This wine, in my opinion, should be a Rioja of some renown - even if it's just a case of it's been known to hang around in the presence of One Direction until it was ceremoniously thrown out of the gaff it was in for being too sycophantic towards the One'ers.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Hats off to you red wine quaffers, I like a glass or two in the real world, but the prospect of a mouth like a camels jock strap and the banging headache gives me the willies.

this is why you o;ly drink it in the mroning 

4 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

This will be my first festival trying it out, heard great things about its restorative powers!

It's kept us niclely intoxicated for the past 4 glastos. It sounds horrible, but everyone who tried it has been won over. It also tastes good without ice, which is a BIG bonus for Glasto! Salut!! 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just looked up what kalimotxo is. Despite the approval on here, I'm not convinced of the pairing. I guess I'll have to try it to be sure though. The sooner the better, I think.

It doesn't sound like it'll taste good, but one sip & you'll be won over! It doesn't need ice either which is a bonus at Glasto. 

I manage a restaurant and get good red from a rep of mine, 10l for €100. I'd highly recommend anyone to ask people they know in the restaurant trade to get some this way as it's much better than anything I've drank from the supermarkets and fairly cheap.

15 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

It doesn't sound like it'll taste good, but one sip & you'll be won over! It doesn't need ice either which is a bonus at Glasto. 

Have ran out of up votes.

I'll definitely give that drink a whirl. 

I'll give you a nice drink back. A home made Long Island Iced Tea. I was introduced to them in a bar called Judge Roy Bean's in Dublin. The barman was new and when he made them he put a single shot of each spirit in to the glass, but only charged for the one spirit. Take in to account that the measure in a shot is greater in Ireland than it is over here (or used to be), then you'll kind of know how happy I was feeling on my sixth one of them. Then I had to leave the pub with my friend, in order to meet one of my brothers somewhere, because we were going out 'drinking' for the night. 

The next day we were all feeling really rough, when my friend declared that Judge Roy Bean was not a man known for his leniency. 

How do you guys go about drinking from boxes of wine? I have only ever taken cans of beer to festivals but after last year's nightmare of carrying 42 cans of kronenbourg across the entire site because we parked in the wrong car park I want to cut down on weight.

Do you just carry the bag of wine around in a bag and squirt it straight into your mouth when you want some or do you take cups and drink from them?

51 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

Cheers. Or 'up yer bum' as we say 'round these parts. 

I would give you another one. Up vote that is. It would appear that I'm still out of them. I can't really remember too much about last night, but now know that I must have been trigger happy with the up votes.

If it's not too personal a question, where do you camp (apart from everywhere possible)? I'd like to meet you and your gang. Will you and your crew be going to the efests meet up - if we all get in on time to have a meet up?