Seetickets Coach travel

stardustjunkie

2 minutes ago, Kiahc_96 said:

Ah I hadn't really thought of that! Maybe that was the case - thanks!

Worth finding out.

Obviously I don't know your circumstances and why you want to cancel your coach ticket but if it's purely because you'd prefer to travel down at a different time or by car etc, then book a normal ticket in future. The idea of the coach tickets going on sale earlier is to make them more appealing and encourage people to use public transport :) 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, stardustjunkie said:

I don't know the answer to this one! I've always had a single ticket.

Someone on another thread advised me to use their live chat or email them, which I did. I got an email back confirming my coach times. Worth a try if you want to find out for sure.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. :)

3 hours ago, isboo said:

Anyone in here know if you have to get on your specific return coach?

And if you miss it can you buy another ticket on the day?

Cheers,

I think return coaches are a bit of a free for all but obviously if everyone got on a later coach then we'd all be screwed :) it's worth a shot but I wouldn't leave it right till the end of the day.

From experience they don't tend to check tickets on the way home so you won't need to pay again. 

As I thought, the coach details sent to the lead booker.

Found out though - 3pm departure from Reading on the Wednesday, leaving Monday morning 9.30am. I assumed the pick up point would be the other side of town, requiring a taxi journey but oh no....instead, at Reading railway station which is far easier to get to:)

Happy Days

Is there absolutely no way of getting in the festival if you miss your seetickets coach?

My Girlfriends dad booked her on a holiday that doesn't get her back till 7:30am on the day we go and our coach is at 6:00am.

What happens to unclaimed tickets? with me being the lead Booker can i get her ticket and meet her there? providing i have her ID. she is going to go straight from the airport so may even be able to intercept the coach if it stops for any breaks.

i have emailed Seetickets a couple of times asking similar questions and they answer everything with all party members must be on the allocated coach and that is non-negotiable.

8 minutes ago, joeywefc said:

Is there absolutely no way of getting in the festival if you miss your seetickets coach?

My Girlfriends dad booked her on a holiday that doesn't get her back till 7:30am on the day we go and our coach is at 6:00am.

What happens to unclaimed tickets? with me being the lead Booker can i get her ticket and meet her there? providing i have her ID. she is going to go straight from the airport so may even be able to intercept the coach if it stops for any breaks.

i have emailed Seetickets a couple of times asking similar questions and they answer everything with all party members must be on the allocated coach and that is non-negotiable.

Based on previous years you should be fine - tickets are normally handed out to the lead booker and uncollected tickets end up in the ticket office on site, this has been the process since 2007 when they introduced the coach system. Unfortunately there is no guarantee they won't change the system this year, and See and GFL won't confirm this is possible as they are reliant on people catching the coaches due to licencing issues.

9 minutes ago, joeywefc said:

Officially no, but if you ask the bus driver really really nicely he might hand over the ticket to you or let you know where the bus will be stopping for a break. Worth a shot?

Or, I have heard that any left over tickets are given over to a ticket office on site (I don't know where though) and it is possible that you can get the ticket there. I have not done this, nor do I know anyone who has, but I'm sure I read on here somewhere of it happening.

45 minutes ago, joeywefc said:

Thanks for the positive answers, appreciate it. Looks like i will have to turn on the charm. B)

Good luck! Gonna be a stressful day! I imagine it'll work out ok though. They have to officially say no but would be so mean to not hand the ticket over!

I got my departure time from See Coaches the other day by email. The email say we're leaving Cardiff at 05:45!!! Is there any way we can change this as it's stupidly early? Or how strict are they on you turning up at this time?  I went from Cardiff two years ago and Birmingham the year before that the buses didn't leave until 9.30/10.

10 hours ago, Kilo said:

I got my departure time from See Coaches the other day by email. The email say we're leaving Cardiff at 05:45!!! Is there any way we can change this as it's stupidly early? Or how strict are they on you turning up at this time?  I went from Cardiff two years ago and Birmingham the year before that the buses didn't leave until 9.30/10.

Turn up on time. There's nothing more annoying then waiting for someone to turn up for a coach you're sat on! 05.45 is a good coach time, you shouldn't get caught in lots of traffic and will be on site nice and early - you can always have a nap in your tent before exploring the site to!

19 hours ago, joeywefc said:

If you're there as the lead booker, they will read out your name and hand you the ticket. All the coaches I've caught they've never checked my ID. Infact, last year, the coach driver was pretty annoyed and gave my other half the tickets to hand out (which I'm certain goes against everything the coach companies used are told) SEECoaches are all third party coaches from across the country. So the coach drivers don't work for See in anyway, shape or form. They are employed by the coach company. Most of the time they don't really care what the rules are, more so that they have a job to do. So long as you're on the coach, there shouldn't be an issue with you getting both tickets. They come in one envelope with the lead bookers name on :)

On 24 May 2016 at 11:58 PM, Kilo said:

You can't do this at all. Your festival ticket is on that coach so for the sake of a lie in you would be mad to not catch it.

Also everyone on a later coach will want their festival ticket and I doubt they'll give their seat up to someone else who didn't want to get the earlier coach.

It's just part of buying a coach package I'm afraid. You will be given a time, you don't get to choose.