Seetickets Coach travel

stardustjunkie

Can anyone remember when Seetickets announced coach times in previous years?

Having such a headache at the moment trying to work out whether or not I need to stay in Brighton overnight. Parking for a week in Brighton is £83. Travelodge is £100. Other hotels (even hostels) are nearing £100 if they have a private bathroom (I want a guaranteed shower in the morning!). Taxi from where I live is £75. 

Or I can get a train on the day for £20 max. But if the coach is at 5am or something stupid then obviously I can't do that. 

Has anyone travelled from Brighton and can remember what time the See coaches were? I think I travelled a few years ago from there with See and I seem to recall it being around 9am but could be completely wrong.

Seriously wish I had booked a London coach package now. It's much further from me but so much cheaper :/ Last year I stayed in a Travelodge near the O2 for £45 and my journey there cost £6 and return home cost £20.

13 hours ago, stardustjunkie said:

Can anyone remember when Seetickets announced coach times in previous years?

Having such a headache at the moment trying to work out whether or not I need to stay in Brighton overnight. Parking for a week in Brighton is £83. Travelodge is £100. Other hotels (even hostels) are nearing £100 if they have a private bathroom (I want a guaranteed shower in the morning!). Taxi from where I live is £75. 

Or I can get a train on the day for £20 max. But if the coach is at 5am or something stupid then obviously I can't do that. 

Has anyone travelled from Brighton and can remember what time the See coaches were? I think I travelled a few years ago from there with See and I seem to recall it being around 9am but could be completely wrong.

Seriously wish I had booked a London coach package now. It's much further from me but so much cheaper :/ Last year I stayed in a Travelodge near the O2 for £45 and my journey there cost £6 and return home cost £20.

According to the mobile site my coach is 7.45am from Brighton. I was advised in a previous correspondance with See that the second would be at 11.45am.

Last year there was one around 8.am and then one at 3pm. Looks earlier this year.

Will probably be notified this week as it's nearly 30 days to the festival!

10 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

According to the mobile site my coach is 7.45am from Brighton. I was advised in a previous correspondance with See that the second would be at 11.45am.

Last year there was one around 8.am and then one at 3pm. Looks earlier this year.

Will probably be notified this week as it's nearly 30 days to the festival!

Thank you - that's helpful. I'm not sure how I feel about that though! 7.45am = train out of the question. 11.45am = the latest I've ever arrived on site! I will try the mobile site again.

13 hours ago, OBface said:

Coach times are up on the mobile site for some so can't be long til all times are released. 

I do keep looking but no luck so far :(

1 hour ago, pipster said:

Where are the coach times published please?

if you ordered coach tickets in October - go to the see tickets order tracker via mobile and enter the reference number you received upon booking in October (not the one you received when you paid off your balance in April)

Most people doing this have been able to find their time - 7am Sheffield for me :)

Only works if you got coach tickets in original sale in October, you use the mobile site's order tracker and use the reference number you received at the time of the initial booking.

1 hour ago, Alvarhanso said:

if you ordered coach tickets in October - go to the see tickets order tracker via mobile and enter the reference number you received upon booking in October (not the one you received when you paid off your balance in April)

Most people doing this have been able to find their time - 7am Sheffield for me :)

Only works if you got coach tickets in original sale in October, you use the mobile site's order tracker and use the reference number you received at the time of the initial booking.

The desktop version of see tickets is now showing coach times from deposit confirmation numbers.

I checked my See Tickets account on my desktop iMac this past Monday and it had my times up for Southampton of 5.30am leaving on Wednesday and 6.00am return on Monday, (which is when I normally catch a shuttle bus to the train station anyway). Very happy with this. So hopefully the times are starting to show for all desktops now as well as mobiles :)

Hi, 

Does anyone know if its possible to cancel your coach package and still get your general admission ticket into the festival? A friend of mine did last year and still got their general admission ticket into the festival through the post. However, its saying on the coach terms and conditions that festival tickets are only given out on board?

Is this the case? Or is it possible for me to cancel the coach and still attend the festival?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Kiahc_96 said:

Hi, 

Does anyone know if its possible to cancel your coach package and still get your general admission ticket into the festival? A friend of mine did last year and still got their general admission ticket into the festival through the post. However, its saying on the coach terms and conditions that festival tickets are only given out on board?

Is this the case? Or is it possible for me to cancel the coach and still attend the festival?

Thanks

I find it hard to believe that your friend was able to cancel the coach ticket. Are you sure it was cancelled? And if so, was there a specific reason why it had to be cancelled?

I would say it's a big fat no. The point of coach travel (according to the festival although I don't think it's particularly true given how far people travel to get their coach) is to be more environmentally friendly. The reason you get your ticket on the coach is so that you have to get the coach

On 19 May 2016 at 7:22 PM, Dave connolly said:

I got my coach package in the resale,yesterday I had a look on see tickets and my coach time was up so just waiting for my e-ticket. I do have a question tho do you have to travel back on the coach or not.

You don't have to travel back on the coach :) You do have to travel to the festival on the coach though.

On 19 May 2016 at 8:59 PM, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

I have a question too :) - Is it just the lead booker that can view the departure time? I don't be able to find it

Cheers

I don't know the answer to this one! I've always had a single ticket.

Someone on another thread advised me to use their live chat or email them, which I did. I got an email back confirming my coach times. Worth a try if you want to find out for sure.

Thanks for the response! Yeah I might just try and get in contact with them and see what they say.

I know it baffles me too considering the stipulation and 'green' notion of taking the coaches to the festival. However it really did happen - I was with him when he phoned national express and cancelled the coach travel costing him £10 out of the full refund. And his ticket came special delivery through the post as well as the other people who caught coaches down - their tickets came through the post too!

Thanks again 

2 minutes ago, Kiahc_96 said:

Thanks for the response! Yeah I might just try and get in contact with them and see what they say.

I know it baffles me too considering the stipulation and 'green' notion of taking the coaches to the festival. However it really did happen - I was with him when he phoned national express and cancelled the coach travel costing him £10 out of the full refund. And his ticket came special delivery through the post as well as the other people who caught coaches down - their tickets came through the post too!

Thanks again 

National Express is different to the coach packages that Glastonbury offer. The coaches come with Seetickets, not National Express.

Did he have a normal festival ticket and then separately booked a coach with National Express? If that's the case then he would've been able to cancel it whenever he liked.