See Coach times up?

Andeeroo

6 hours ago, Perks said:

Blast! Never thought of that, presumed it would be where it was last year. Erm, wonder if they'll use Digbeth by the coach station.. I take it you asked See?

Just got a response that it is from the same place (town hall) as previous years.....I've asked them to check again due to the works as I doubt that will complete in time....now worried they're going to make a mess of this!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, calumhandy1 said:

First post in here long time lurker! First year at glastonbury this year and going solo!! I'm on the 6am coach from Newcastle on the Wednesday does anybody coming from Newcastle know where the bus picks you up from? Is it the National express stop? Or another place?

I've not long emailed them, I shall let you know when they reply.. 

On 5/19/2016 at 3:40 PM, kellly said:

Does anyone know where you usually get the swindon coach from? Thaaaanks :)

Hi, I emailed earlier re this, response:

Swindon coaches depart from BUS BAYS ON FARNSBY STREET, OUSTIDE BRUNEL WEST MULTI STOREY, SWINDON, SN1 5AP.

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

I'm guessing we get email confirmation of times etc. from See at some stage?

Reason I'm asking is that I can only find my reference from when I paid the balance in April  and not when I paid the deposit and it doesn't show any coach details at all when I use that reference number. It only confirms that I paid the balance of £183.00

queried this with See, got this response:  Coach e-tickets will be sent out no later than 30 days prior to the festival date.

So they must be imminent....

42 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Just got a response that it is from the same place (town hall) as previous years.....I've asked them to check again due to the works as I doubt that will complete in time....now worried they're going to make a mess of this!

Ah ok, yeah I can't see it being it there either with all the works going on. We should have E-ticket soon, so suppose see what that says. Thanks for letting me know.

What coach you on?

8 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

queried this with See, got this response:  Coach e-tickets will be sent out no later than 30 days prior to the festival date.

So they must be imminent....

Thanks for that, I've just gone through 8 months of emails trying to find my original confirmation

1 minute ago, Perks said:

Ah ok, yeah I can't see it being it there either with all the works going on. We should have E-ticket soon, so suppose see what that says. Thanks for letting me know.

What coach you on?

It's not for me, I failed in initial coach sale but got general access tickets. I'm checking this for my daughter, she got tickets in resale....coach 170

An the 12oclock noon coach on Wednesday from liverpool! Shockingly late as I usually leave around 2am Wed morning by own means of transport. Does anybody have any idea what time the 12pm coach from Liverpool should arrive at Glasto?

9 hours ago, marcoolio said:

You're pretty much walking the entire length of the festival, so it takes at least an hour to get to the bottom of that hill. Last year there was a shuttle service from the coach station, though that seemed to take about as long.

Thanks - lucky I'll be well rested from sitting down for a few hours then :| 

2 hours ago, Kay95 said:

Hi, I emailed earlier re this, response:

Swindon coaches depart from BUS BAYS ON FARNSBY STREET, OUSTIDE BRUNEL WEST MULTI STOREY, SWINDON, SN1 5AP.

Ah you lovely person! Thank you very much  :)

1 minute ago, stardustjunkie said:

If we're supposed to get this information 30 days before the festival then they've only got about 3 days left to send it to us :)

34 days until Thursday, 23rd so us Thursday people might have 4 days to wait!

On 20/05/2016 at 4:19 PM, carrie2 said:

Could be any time between 3pm and 5pm, ours usually leaves at that time on the Wednesday but this year its at 6am! 

its out First time on the coach from newcastle. do u know how much stuff your allowed to take on the coach? 

5 hours ago, sjm1919 said:

its out First time on the coach from newcastle. do u know how much stuff your allowed to take on the coach? 

General rule of thumb: one hiking rucksack and one tent per person.

People always take the piss which usually means everything is delayed because it doesn't all fit in the hold (from my experience any way!).

18 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

How exactly do you get the E-Ticket? It says that it's suppose to be the email as proof? Don't you normally get something to print out or am i missing something?

Etickets will be sent to us by email. Apparently no later than 30 days until the festival so Im giving them 24 hours :rolleyes:

Edited by kaytee...

7 hours ago, sjm1919 said:

I've usually travelled on the national express one and I've never known them to turn any bags away. Not sure about Seecoaches, though. We usually take a rucksack each, 1 tent and a camping chair each so I guess we're relatively light travellers compared to some

I've just emailed seetickets again pointing out that we were promised them by now (OK strictly speaking as I don't go til Thursday, it's tomorrow!).  I need to know where the Birmingham coach is going from - I don't know Birmingham  very well and want to know for sure that I won't get lost trying to find where I'm going!  

Also does anyone know how far in advance of departure time it's recommended you get there?

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I've just emailed seetickets again pointing out that we were promised them by now (OK strictly speaking as I don't go til Thursday, it's tomorrow!).  I need to know where the Birmingham coach is going from - I don't know Birmingham  very well and want to know for sure that I won't get lost trying to find where I'm going!  

Also does anyone know how far in advance of departure time it's recommended you get there?

Treat it like a normal transit. The earlier the better to avoid any unforeseen issues getting to the coach, plus time to wait for the coach to wave you over. The busier departure points (I assume Birmingham is such one) may have more than one coach leave at the same time, so there is holding points for each coaches travellers. You just dump your bag, sit on it, chill out and wait for you to be instructed to load your stuff onto the coach. Coaches generally leave when they are meant to- give or take a few minutes.

32 minutes ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Treat it like a normal transit. The earlier the better to avoid any unforeseen issues getting to the coach, plus time to wait for the coach to wave you over. The busier departure points (I assume Birmingham is such one) may have more than one coach leave at the same time, so there is holding points for each coaches travellers. You just dump your bag, sit on it, chill out and wait for you to be instructed to load your stuff onto the coach. Coaches generally leave when they are meant to- give or take a few minutes.

Thanks.  If I'm honest, I don't really need to know but I want to know.  I should have plenty of time to make the connection between my train getting into New Street and finding the coach station i.e. over an hour, but I'd just like to know where I'm headed!  I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to planning these things!  Ok, more than a bit.