Does Glastonbury still have showers?

drchickenburger

13 minutes ago, drchickenburger said:

I remember a while ago it used to have some somewhere but can't see anything on the latest map.

Any ideas?

Due to the enormous demands on our water supply, Glastonbury is not able to offer large numbers of public showers. For those desperate for a shower, there are a small number of showers available at the bottom of the Kidz Field and in the Greenpeace field, but you should expect to queue for a while to use them. Otherwise, we’d just recommend packing some biodegradable wet wipes and making do with those (it’s the Glastonbury way!).

Just now, JanieM28 said:

Due to the enormous demands on our water supply, Glastonbury is not able to offer large numbers of public showers. For those desperate for a shower, there are a small number of showers available at the bottom of the Kidz Field and in the Greenpeace field, but you should expect to queue for a while to use them. Otherwise, we’d just recommend packing some biodegradable wet wipes and making do with those (it’s the Glastonbury way!).

Don't know why it came out looking like that but it's from the info section of the festival website which is where you can find the answers to most questions.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/showers/

I've only ever used the actually showers there once and that was because I used my mates workers band to get into there camp at the top but gate B and it was lovely. but the rest of the time I have a tried and tested method of wearing board shorts and flip flops and taking a jug with me to the basins at the top of big ground and i have a full top to toe wash once some times even twice a day and i feel like the freshest daisy in the meadow after that. 

Personally I'm a fully signed up member of Team Skank and make do with a splash of water on my face, a few wet wipes and a daily change of underwear but somehow I've wound up going with a group that includes members who shower multiple times a day.

We camp on Top Webbs Ash, which is around a 15 min walk to the Showers at the bottom of the Kidz Field and they suggest the queues aren't too bad at all.

I was firmly in the non shower camp when I used to go but the recent festivals I've attended they have been a standard part of the day and i do enjoy that fresh feeling before heading back out and on it. I'll scout the areas mentioned out then to see what they are like. If you are in the 'right' head space I am sure the queue wouldn't be the end of the world either. 

Never done it but told that the solar showers in the Greenpeace field are OK and the mad queue in the morning can be avoided by going mid-late afternoon.

the greenpeace showers are great.

I'm a right early bird and all my friends were still in bed so decided to try them while I was waiting on them waking up and the queue wasn't too bad, maybe 10 mins (about 8.30/9am) When my friend went later on she queued for 2 hours.

You need to use their products, which are great but they didn't have conditioner so I just used a leave in one when I got back to the tent.

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Might look into that. Does it leave a load of soapy water everywhere? On the grass I mean.

No not really at all, it's so good had the neighbors queuing. Just fill up with cold and a kettle of hot lovely warm 5 minute shower :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2016 at 3:24 PM, pinkmolly226 said:

When my friend went later on she queued for 2 hours

I cannot imagine any circumstances where I would queue for 2 hours for a shower let alone at Glastonbury.  Think of all the things you could be doing instead!

27 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I cannot imagine any circumstances where I would queue for 2 hours for a shower let alone at Glastonbury.  Think of all the things you could be doing instead!

exactly! Needless to say I was pretty pissed off when she got back lol