Dream Line Up

• 10 months later...

Bringing this back because why not.

Friday:

Main: Blur / The black keys / Jamie t / Run the jewels / Rag'n'bone man / Feeder / Moose blood / Lit / Special guests: Sum 41

NME: Chase and status   Dance: Fatboy slim   Pit: Rise against   FR: Mgmt   1xtra: Russ

Saturday:

Main: Eminem / Prophets of rage / All time low / The offspring / Don broco / Hollywood undead / P.o.d / Vant / The sherlocks

NME: Operation ivy (Reunion)   Dance: Netsky   Pit: Papa roach   FR: Circa waves   1xtra: Devlin

Sunday:

Main: Blink 182 / Pendulum / Weezer / Cage the elephant / Good charlotte / Pvris / The subways / State champs / Zebrahead

NME: Catfish and the bottlemen   Dance: Nero   Lockup: Sublime with rome   FR: Slaves   1xtra: Joey bada$$

(This is assuming I can redo the festival as many times as I want to see the headliners on the other stages too)

• Upvote 1

Arctic Monkeys/The Libertines

NME: Lana Del Rey

Metallica/Alice In Chains

NME: Mastodon

Oasis (Reunion)/The Prodigy

NME: Wolf Alice

I'd have it so the NME headliners played in between the top two on main so I could get them all in. AIC would be with Layne singing, Metallica would have Cliff on bass, Mastodon would play Crack The Skye in full as part of their set, and the reunion part of the Oasis set is key as the hype would make the gig even better, although it would be with Liam's nineties voice. It's a dream lineup so I can have what I like. Slayer would headline the pit at some point as well. I also get to choose everyone's set lists. Special guest opening act: Rage Against The Machine, and The Chemical Brothers play Relentless.

Might actually have a stab at a full lineup later.

Edited by thelemon

Friday:

Main: Muse / Royal Blood / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Stormzy / Vampire Weekend / Lido / X Ambassadors / Hunna / VANT / Liam Gallagher (Special Opener)

NME: Zhu   Dance: Andy C   Pit: Evanescence   FR: Sundara Karma   1xtra: Gallant

Saturday:

Main: Arctic Monkeys / Tame Impala / Chance The Rapper / Kaytranada / HAIM / Anderson.Paak & The Free Nationals / Nothing But Theives / PVRIS / Cabbage / Stephen

NME: The Prodigy   Dance: Madeon   Pit: Disturbed   FR: Banks   1xtra: Big Sean

Sunday:

Main: Kendrick Lamar/Pendulum LIVE (co headline) / CHVRCHES / Dolly Parton / Slaves / Fuse ODG / Deaf Havana / Moose Blood / Busted

NME: The Wombats   Dance: Tchami   Lock-Up: Twin Atlantic   FR: FKA Twigs   1xtra: NAO

• Upvote 1

On 26/03/2017 at 5:57 PM, Mattymooz said:

Friday:

Main: Muse / Royal Blood / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Stormzy / Vampire Weekend / Lido / X Ambassadors / Hunna / VANT / Liam Gallagher (Special Opener)

NME: Zhu   Dance: Andy C   Pit: Evanescence   FR: Sundara Karma   1xtra: Gallant

Saturday:

Main: Arctic Monkeys / Tame Impala / Chance The Rapper / Kaytranada / HAIM / Anderson.Paak & The Free Nationals / Nothing But Theives / PVRIS / Cabbage / Stephen

NME: The Prodigy   Dance: Madeon   Pit: Disturbed   FR: Banks   1xtra: Big Sean

Sunday:

Main: Kendrick Lamar/Pendulum LIVE (co headline) / CHVRCHES / Dolly Parton / Slaves / Fuse ODG / Deaf Havana / Moose Blood / Busted

NME: The Wombats   Dance: Tchami   Lock-Up: Twin Atlantic   FR: FKA Twigs   1xtra: NAO

Surely should be headlining The Pit??

• 2 months later...

Slipknot + A7X (cohead), Deftones (mainly around the fur and adrenaline) Korn, Slayer (Reign in blood full), Rise Against, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Creeper

Muse (nothing past black holes), The Killers, Judas Priest, Limp Bizkit, The Offspring All American Rejects (Move along full), Slaves, Alestorm

System of a Down, Royal Blood, Prophets of Rage, Enter Shikari, Five Finger Death Punch, Serj Tankien, Scars on Broadway, Marmozets, Liam G(special guest)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Closing set - The Chemical Brothers (late license), Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, The Strokes, Jamie T, Interpol, Bloc Party, Feeder, Dirty Pretty Things

Closing set - Faithless (late license), Rage Against The Machine, System of a Down, Weezer, Vampire Weekend, Cage The Elephant, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Aiden, Green Day (NME secret set)

Closing set - The Prodigy (late license), My Chemical Romance/The Smashing Pumpkins - co headline, Nine Inch Nails, Pixies, Placebo, Billy Talent, Funeral for a Friend, Tom DeLonge (solo)

For the next year I'd have Kanye West, The White Stripes and Metallica headlining and the year after that I'd have Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Queens of the Stone Age.

Edited by foolee
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Neil Young, Arcade Fire (first two albums only), NIN, Joy Division, New Order, New York Dolls, Television, Dinosaur Jr, Husker Du, Cocksparrer.

The Clash, R.E.M (nothing after Automatic plus old classics from Murmur etc.), The National, The Replacements (with Bob RIP), Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers, The Feelies, B52s (80s stuff with Ricky RIP), Dead Kennedys (with Jello), Rancid, Jawbreaker.

Smashing Pumpkins circa '95, Pixies, Beck, James, Ride, Jesus and Mary Chain, Teenage Fanclub, The Shins, Cloud Nothings, Titus Andronicus.

• Downvote 1

Slipknot                     Foo Fighters                 BMTH
       SOAD                        Biffy Clyro                Royal blood
     Disturbed                        ADTR                   Enter Shikari
        KoRn                        Limp Bizkit                Neck Deep
 While She Sleeps           Papa Roach               Don Broco
      Skindred                    Deaf Havana          Hollywood Undead
      I Prevail                       The Maine                tonight alive
      Alestorm                       The 100                with confidence

• Upvote 2

On 29/06/2017 at 5:17 PM, callum97 said:

Slipknot                     Foo Fighters                 BMTH
       SOAD                        Biffy Clyro                Royal blood
     Disturbed                        ADTR                   Enter Shikari
        KoRn                        Limp Bizkit                Neck Deep
 While She Sleeps           Papa Roach               Don Broco
      Skindred                    Deaf Havana          Hollywood Undead
      I Prevail                       The Maine                tonight alive
      Alestorm                       The 100                with confidence

12 minutes ago, battleborn said:

It does. Varied. How's that any of your business. If you must know the actual acts took about two hours half to throw together. The other information took a few hours to get right. 

I guess so and its not mans just curious

• 4 months later...

aware this is an old thread, but I've just devised a bit of mine. Obvs not perfect perfect because if it was ideal there'd be no clashes. Also those that apply I'm imagining playing in their prime, you can work out who.

Friday

Main: Red Hot Chili Peppers (1999 era) // System of a Down // Pixies // Iggy Pop // The John Butler Trio // The Pogues // Death Grips // The Wytches // Beardymam

NME: Jeff Buckley // Sufjan Stevens

Saturday

Main: Kanye West // Outkast // George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic // Alabama Shakes // Mac DeMarco // Sampha // Anderson. paak & the Free Nationals // Kate Tempest // K.O.G. & the Zongo Brigade

NME: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds // Bon Iver

Sunday

Main: Jimi Hendrix // Tame Impala // Primal Scream // The Specials // Ocean Colour Scene // Rodrigo y Gabriella // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard // King Krule

NME: Portishead // Grimes

• Upvote 1

Friday 

Main: Foo Fighters // Royal Blood // Vampire Weekend // Jamie T // Everything Everything // The Enemy // The Sherlocks // Spring King // Night Cafe

NME: Two Door Cinema Club // The Amazons // Billy Bragg

Pit: The wonder years

1xtra: Earl Sweatshirt

Saturday 

Main: Foals + The 1975// Franz Ferdinand // The Wombats // Circa Waves // Caesars // Little Comets // High Tyde // Bloxxx

NME: MGMT // The Streets // The Hives

Pit: Rise against

1xtra: Logic

Sunday

Main: Arctic Monkeys (first 4 albums only) // Catfish and the Bottlemen // Courteeners // The Cribs // Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes // Sundara Karma // Japanese House // Howl

NME: Bombay Bicycle Club // The Temper Trap // Bloc Party

Pit: The story so far

1xtra: Schoolboy Q

55 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Friday 

Main: Foo Fighters // Royal Blood // Vampire Weekend // Jamie T // Everything Everything // The Enemy // The Sherlocks // Spring King // Night Cafe

NME: Two Door Cinema Club // The Amazons // Billy Bragg

Pit: The wonder years

1xtra: Earl Sweatshirt

Saturday 

Main: Foals + The 1975// Franz Ferdinand // The Wombats // Circa Waves // Caesars // Little Comets // High Tyde // Bloxxx

NME: MGMT // The Streets // The Hives

Pit: Rise against

1xtra: Logic

Sunday

Main: Arctic Monkeys (first 4 albums only) // Catfish and the Bottlemen // Courteeners // The Cribs // Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes // Sundara Karma // Japanese House // Howl

NME: Bombay Bicycle Club // The Temper Trap // Bloc Party

Pit: The story so far

1xtra: Schoolboy Q

This the most standard R&L line-up I've ever seen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only gonna include active artists & can’t really be bothered to do all stages.

Friday

Daft Punk // Florence & The Machine // Royal Blood // CHVRCHES // Twin Atlantic // BROCKHAMPTON // The Sherlocks // yaeji // Jorja Smith

Saturday

Kendrick Lamar // Jack White // The 1975 // Meat Loaf // Haim // Chance the Rapper // The Killers // Sufjan Stevens // MUNA 

Sunday

Arctic Monkeys // Queens of the Stone Age// Lorde // Stormzy // Don Broco // Daniel Caesar // Rex Orange County // King Krule // Pale Waves

Secret Set - Twenty One Pilots

10 minutes ago, matty13 said:

Only gonna include active artists & can’t really be bothered to do all stages.

Friday

Daft Punk // Florence & The Machine // Royal Blood // CHVRCHES // Twin Atlantic // BROCKHAMPTON // The Sherlocks // yaeji // Jorja Smith

Saturday

Kendrick Lamar // Jack White // The 1975 // Meat Loaf // Haim // Chance the Rapper // The Killers // Sufjan Stevens // MUNA 

Sunday

Arctic Monkeys // Queens of the Stone Age// Lorde // Stormzy // Don Broco // Daniel Caesar // Rex Orange County // King Krule // Pale Waves

Secret Set - Twenty One Pilots

I think you're the only person ever that would be torn between seeing Meat Loaf and Yaeji.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1