Brandmaw

3 hours ago, Brandmaw said:

Does anyone know if the car parking tickets have the name of the person in the group printed on them, as I understand the campervan tickets do nowadays?

I don't think the parking tickets do. Because you can buy those on the day 

12 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

They're just stickers. A word of warning: the adhesive used on the car park stickers is the same used to adhere heat resistant tiles to the Space Shuttle. 

*Glastonbury factoid shared on eFests - but I can vouch for it being pretty much true!!

Stick the parking sticker to some cellophane and then sellotape the cellophaned sticker to your windscreen.  Sounds like faff but you can still see the parking sticker through the cellophane and the sellotape easily pulls off afterwards.

Does anyone know if you can add them to your existing order. Got lucky in the flash resale today and was shaking so much forgot to add it, when I go to buy separately there is another £7.75 transaction fee, feels a bit steep to have to pay it twice....

2 hours ago, Levitz said:

Does anyone know if you can add them to your existing order. Got lucky in the flash resale today and was shaking so much forgot to add it, when I go to buy separately there is another £7.75 transaction fee, feels a bit steep to have to pay it twice....

Yeah if you get in touch with SeeTickets they should be able to add to your order and charge your card for the extra. Also well done in the resale!

Edited by Boss84

On 5/12/2016 at 9:38 AM, p.pete said:

Stick the parking sticker to some cellophane and then sellotape the cellophaned sticker to your windscreen.  Sounds like faff but you can still see the parking sticker through the cellophane and the sellotape easily pulls off afterwards.

Weirdly, I quite like having the sticker on my car for the following year, slowly yellowing.....scraping it off when I've received the new one is now a bit of a ritual. Sad huh? :D

19 hours ago, Boss84 said:

Yeah if you get in touch with SeeTickets they should be able to add to your order and charge your card for the extra. Also well done in the resale!

Thanks will give them a call.

6 hours ago, Levitz said:

Any joy with this? I also got through in the secret resale and skipped past car park pass - which ultimately I think is what got us through first!

Secondly I know you can pay an extra £10 on the gate so £45 but do they give you a sticker on the gate? Sad but I really like keeping the current years sticker on my car.

31 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Any joy with this? I also got through in the secret resale and skipped past car park pass - which ultimately I think is what got us through first!

Secondly I know you can pay an extra £10 on the gate so £45 but do they give you a sticker on the gate? Sad but I really like keeping the current years sticker on my car.

Not phoned yet, the number is blocked from my work phone and reception is bad on mobile so doing it tomorrow. We got one on the gate in 2009 and we got the normal sticker, so you'll be fine to do it that way. How the hell do you keep it afterwards they stick on like industrial superglue, always have to scrape it off and get soapy water involved......very impressed if you manage it!

8 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Not phoned yet, the number is blocked from my work phone and reception is bad on mobile so doing it tomorrow. We got one on the gate in 2009 and we got the normal sticker, so you'll be fine to do it that way. How the hell do you keep it afterwards they stick on like industrial superglue, always have to scrape it off and get soapy water involved......very impressed if you manage it!

Oh I don't keep them! I scrape of the previous years the day before we drive down and just out he new one on! Then I just look at that one daily for the rest of the year and remember the good times.

After sticking them to the window as you know there's no way they are coming back of except for in a few hundred pieces!

On 13 May 2016 at 4:37 PM, Levitz said:

Did you manage to get anywhere with this? 

i tried today on the online chat and got told it wasn't possible as the tickets were already printed. Then i rang and was old the same only a little blunter haha..

Odd though as I have done it previous years up to a week before the festival. Just another way to get £7.75 transaction fee out of us!

1 hour ago, glastouser said:

Did you manage to get anywhere with this? 

i tried today on the online chat and got told it wasn't possible as the tickets were already printed. Then i rang and was old the same only a little blunter haha..

Odd though as I have done it previous years up to a week before the festival. Just another way to get £7.75 transaction fee out of us!

Yeah, called and said I bought in the flash resale and was in such a panic forgot to add car parking ticket (which is true!). Took ref number, name and address and last four digits of payment card and added it to my order no probs. Resent confirmation straight away and car park ticket is on there. 

On 13 May 2016 at 10:53 PM, Anderson19 said:

Give them a call, worked for me today.

30 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Yeah, called and said I bought in the flash resale and was in such a panic forgot to add car parking ticket (which is true!). Took ref number, name and address and last four digits of payment card and added it to my order no probs. Resent confirmation straight away and car park ticket is on there. 

Yeah i called also and was met with a woman who clearly was having a bad day. She said as the tickets are printed they can't add to the order. I said they don't need to print another ticket, only to add a car park ticket into the envelope. when i told her I rang up with a week to go last year and they did it for me her words were bluntly "yeah, well were not doing that now". 

was it today you rang? maybe it it because your order hasn't been printed, as you got them in the flash sale.

2 hours ago, glastouser said:

Yeah i called also and was met with a woman who clearly was having a bad day. She said as the tickets are printed they can't add to the order. I said they don't need to print another ticket, only to add a car park ticket into the envelope. when i told her I rang up with a week to go last year and they did it for me her words were bluntly "yeah, well were not doing that now". 

was it today you rang? maybe it it because your order hasn't been printed, as you got them in the flash sale.

Yeah, about 6ish

On the little slip with the tickets it says 

X no of tickets

X no of car park passes  

X no of water bottles so if they have now been printed it's plausible they can't add it now...

Once they are in hand check in here people start selling them or alternatively pay on the gate.

On 13/05/2016 at 2:44 PM, phillyfaddle said:

Weirdly, I quite like having the sticker on my car for the following year, slowly yellowing.....scraping it off when I've received the new one is now a bit of a ritual. Sad huh? :D

Same for me.... The alcohol in hand sanitiser gets its off a treat

8 hours ago, Peroni said:

On the little slip with the tickets it says 

X no of tickets

X no of car park passes  

X no of water bottles so if they have now been printed it's plausible they can't add it now...

Once they are in hand check in here people start selling them or alternatively pay on the gate.

yeah when you say that i guess it is plausible. In the years previous when i have done it they have just posted them in a separate envelope with no fees. This time they want a whole new order creating so another £7.75 admin fee. I think I would rather an extra 10er went to glasto direct on the gate than see tickets getting another 7.75.

On 5/12/2016 at 9:38 AM, p.pete said:

Brilliant idea... why have I never thought of this!

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question on this subject...

What are the checks at the carpark entrance? I'm thinking of also using someone else's car pass (and will not have my tickets by that time as we got coach tickets in the resale, but a single so we need the car to get home) so I was wondering whether they check against your ticket (which I won't have) and/or your registration number (Which would be different)

Is it just the case that if you have the sticker in your window you're waved through, or is there more interaction with the stewards?

Any help would be much appreciated