CD Swap 2016

Funky Jim

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Caribun said:

Sounds like an excellent idea! I'd have to check with the better half if our laptop can make cds though before I said yes for definite. :blink:

cr@p hadn't thought about that, will need to work something out. First time I've missed trading my heavy brick of a laptop for something more lightweight without a cd player.

1 minute ago, Watergirl said:

I'd love to paricipate if still in time.  No dropbox or Spotify for me.  I prefer actual CDs.

I prefer actual CD's as well, but from a practical point of view a playlist or dropbox just makes more sense unfortunately :(

I usually try and work up to the full 80 minutes, but given the constraints (ie only artists already announced and no repeats) I will be pleased to hit 12 tracks.

I fear my mix will be crushingly mainstream... I do have a broad collection, from avant jazz to Scandinavian Progressive Death Metal, but unfortunately neither the Bad Plus nor Opeth are playing.

3 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Group A

Funky Jim
SwedgeAntilles
buddiepaul
maelzoid

Group B

Greenelk
grayfitz
KryziF
sirdannytee

Group C

neil_d
cb4747
Watergirl
joeltg

Digital

Primalcrux
Lucy92?

Wow more interest than I thought!!!  

Thanks for updating the list Greenelk

On 8 May 2016 at 1:35 PM, buddiepaul said:

Count me in.  I took part for the first time last year, and got some great CDs from the others in my group.  Still have them in the car.

Hey buddiepaul, I was in your group last year too! 

Gorecki by Lamb was a great track that I had forgotten all about, I even got to see them play it live straight after Hot Chip :D

6 hours ago, Funky Jim said:

Hey buddiepaul, I was in your group last year too! 

Gorecki by Lamb was a great track that I had forgotten all about, I even got to see them play it live straight after Hot Chip :D

4 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

Cheers Jim.  I also saw Lamb last year, they were superb.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I still have your CD in the car, I'll try and give it a spin tonight.

You guys got greenelk's cd too, cos I think I was in your group 

10 hours ago, The 38 year old virgin said:

Anyone who ends up in greenelk's group can expect a virtual professional quality cd. Very nice last year my friend. I might join. Gimme something to do instead of attending the festival 

Thanks.  It is a bit of a labour of love for me, as I think I said last year.

sirdannytee - It's meant to be confirmed artists yes, but it's really your shout. 

maelzoid - I always wait till after the full line up is out.  Bit of a rush to get it out, but makes sure I've got plenty of choice to agonise over!

Little late to the party but id love to get involved, sounds like a fun idea and having just spent the evening burning glast CD's for my girlfriend i have a nice stack of blank CD's ready to turn into playlists.

Looking like this today, with a few maybes waiting in the wings -

Group A

Funky Jim
SwedgeAntilles
buddiepaul
maelzoid

Group B

Greenelk
grayfitz
KryziF
sirdannytee

Group C

neil_d
cb4747
Watergirl
joeltg

Group D
zico martin
chibukushakeshake
Hovis

Digital

Primalcrux
Lucy92?

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this while working on my track list.  Actually have 14 tracks I like, so whatever I find now with further announcements will have to replace something that's already on.

@zico martin asked for rules/guidelines.  14 tracks (I think?).  Confirmed artists.  No artists repeated.

Edited by Watergirl