Lost Vagueness... the story

Sawdusty surfer

19 hours ago, clarkete said:

Aye, mine's a t-shirt, arrived today, lovely job :) 

Mine too, Clarkete. What's yours like (I think there are different variations)? Mine is a 'VAGUE' one. I think there are 'LOST' ones too, Love the embroidered front. Just need to wash-fade it to a very dark grey between now and proudly wearing it in the SEC in June.

Ben

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Mine too, Clarkete. What's yours like (I think there are different variations)? Mine is a 'VAGUE' one. I think there are 'LOST' ones too, Love the embroidered front. Just need to wash-fade it to a very dark grey between now and proudly wearing it in the SEC in June.

Ben

Mine is red with Vague in the back and Lost Vagueness on the front with a strong lass.   Both are printed in my case,  so I'll hide my jealousy ;-)

Tis very nice . 

• 4 months later...

On Tuesday I went to see a preview of "Lost in the Festival" at Somerset House (invites went on a first come basis to those who had funded via Kickstarter).  You are in for a treat!  It's almost all new material (at least to me and I've consumed quite a lot of Glasto video) and is partly the story of Lost Vagueness and partly a biography of Roy Gurvitz who founded it.  We saw a rough first cut and asked to provide feedback to the Director. For anyone who was at LV between 1986 and 2007 it will bring back fond memories whilst filling in some of the grittier pre and post LV history.  I believe it will be released in Cinemas.   Not sure if it will be shown at the festival itself this year.  If you get a chance, go and see it! 

On 24/03/2017 at 8:31 PM, timbrass said:

On Tuesday I went to see a preview of "Lost in the Festival" at Somerset House (invites went on a first come basis to those who had funded via Kickstarter).  You are in for a treat!  It's almost all new material (at least to me and I've consumed quite a lot of Glasto video) and is partly the story of Lost Vagueness and partly a biography of Roy Gurvitz who founded it.  We saw a rough first cut and asked to provide feedback to the Director. For anyone who was at LV between 1986 and 2007 it will bring back fond memories whilst filling in some of the grittier pre and post LV history.  I believe it will be released in Cinemas.   Not sure if it will be shown at the festival itself this year.  If you get a chance, go and see it! 

Please tell be included the clip in the LV office when Roy frothed and kicked off and threatened to kill ME?

On 07/05/2016 at 4:45 AM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I wonder where the raw footage of 'Big Caravan' is now? It was an LV version of 'Big Brother' in a static caravan in 2003. Probably the most outrageous thing I know of at the festival...and that is saying something.

Hopefully for the sake of the participants the footage has been destroyed. It was going out live on C4 but they had to pull the plug on the live stream late one night. 

Wait, what?! Just spotted this post and find it weird that it hasn't been expanded on! Was it seriously a thing? Would love to see the footage haha.

I wanna tell you a story...

Once upon a time there was a man who ran a music/entertainment thing which was starting to get a name for itself. The future could have been bright.

One day, when the following summer would have no Glastonbury, the man got a phone call from a significant festival organiser, to ask if he fancied filling his wallet with tens of thousands of pounds. The phone wasn't answered tho, so a message was left on the answer service.

5 months later the festival organiser got a call back, just a couple of months before the festival, apologising that it had taken a while to return the call, but the man had been delayed by five months because he'd just found out his partner was pregnant.

It's a true story, tho I don't have as clue who the man was running the music/entertainment thing. It definitely wasn't anyone to do with Lost Vagueness, of course.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, dougal1 said:

Wait, what?! Just spotted this post and find it weird that it hasn't been expanded on! Was it seriously a thing? Would love to see the footage haha.

Yep, it certainly was a thing! I went into the Chapel OF Love And Loathe at about 2.00 am with a couple of mates where Big Caravan was being streamed live.We walked in and you could have heard a pin drop. We wondered why such a noisy and raucous venue was packed yet SO quiet...and then we saw what was on the screens!

On 3/24/2017 at 8:31 PM, timbrass said:

I was there too!  I thought I was the only kick-starter person! Everyone seemed to know each other.

1 hour ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Is this on there then?

Don't know. I do know that Roy called ME a fucking c**t and told him that he was going to kill him and I do know that Sophia that has made the film was there filming it...... She was round our gaff after it all happened in a state of mild shock and extreme excitement."You won't believe what I have just seen and ACTUALLY FILMED" :)

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

21 hours ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Is this on there then?

There are scenes of Roy arguing with Michael over who owned an aeroplane shell that some guy had turned into a bar - Roy was threatening to cancel LV if he didn't get his way, but I don't recall a scene where he threatened to kill him (I suspect I might have remembered that!) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...