Help cancelling my tickets (getting a refund) from abroad

Nessipessi

Hi! We bought 4 tickets for Glastonbury, but sadly 2 of us can't go. Now I have problems getting a refund. I live in Norway and tried to call See Tickets a few times, but I can't get through. I get a busy signal every time. 

The number to call I have to call according to the Glastonbury website is 01158 960073. +44 01158 960073 got me nowhere, but after googling I found out I have to remove the 0 at the start when calling from abroad. +44 1158 960073 is the correct number then? Anyone know the opening hours?

Starting to sweat over it as the refund deadline is tomorrow..

Doing a bit of googling, all their other numbers are 01159 so it seems a bit odd that the one you have is 01158, maybe first try changing the 8 for a 9.

If not,  try  +44 115 912 9000 which I think is the main customer service number and should be able to sort you out. Good luck... 

10 minutes ago, TwinJim said:

Also could try this number +44 115 993 4419

Doesn't work..

11 minutes ago, kazbop said:

If not,  try  +44 115 912 9000 which I think is the main customer service number and should be able to sort you out. Good luck... 

Busy tone here as well.. Anyone now their opening hours? Or is it not possible to call these numbers from abroad?

Just now, princess4747 said:

Perhaps send SeeTickets a tweet, they are usually pretty on the ball on Twitter. 

Did it and they actually answered me 1 minute ago.

"Hello, apologies, we are extremely busy at the moment, you can also email glastonbury@seetickets.com if you are unable to call."

Hopefully that will do it! Thanks everyone.

3 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

Did it and they actually answered me 1 minute ago.

"Hello, apologies, we are extremely busy at the moment, you can also email glastonbury@seetickets.com if you are unable to call."

Hopefully that will do it! Thanks everyone.

No way! They usually follow and ask you to DM with all your details and they help out that way. 

11 minutes ago, princess4747 said:

That's frustrating. If you don't get through on any of the numbers above I would start hassling them more! ;)

Thank you! I tweeted them again and asked if they could help me on Twitter. Got this answer:

Hi we can take a look for you, are you the card holder? Pls DM your reference number, registration and full address. Thanks!

:D

I had to repeatedly call for about half an hour when I cancelled a ticket last week - I guess the number is just really busy. If you've got some time to keep pressing redial, do. You'll be put on hold for a while but you will get through to an actual person. (Unless the Twitter route has worked, of course!) 

12 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

Thank you! I tweeted them again and asked if they could help me on Twitter. Got this answer:

Hi we can take a look for you, are you the card holder? Pls DM your reference number, registration and full address. Thanks!

:D

yay! Good luck, hope you get it sorted x 

1 minute ago, Nessipessi said:

Got a refund through Twitter now! Thanks all! 2 tickets back into the pot.

Woohoo! Fingers crossed those 2 tickets end up with people like my boyfriend and I who are desperate to go! xx 

55 minutes ago, princess4747 said:

Woohoo! Fingers crossed those 2 tickets end up with people like my boyfriend and I who are desperate to go! xx 

fingers crossed for both of you, if only for your tireless enthusiasm demonstrated on this forum :)

Just now, Spindles said:

fingers crossed for both of you, if only for your tireless enthusiasm demonstrated on this forum :)

Regardless of whether I manage to go or not I do think I'm hooked! I've finally found something entertaining to do whilst at work. 

16 minutes ago, Helen Middleton said:

Advertise them on Gumtree or sell them on here :rolleyes:

ttp://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/35457-buying-gig-festival-tickets/

Gumtree will remove any ads selling Glastonbury tickets ;)

2 hours ago, princess4747 said:

Regardless of whether I manage to go or not I do think I'm hooked! I've finally found something entertaining to do whilst at work. 

Same here. just to add to the over excitement, I'm listening to the Glastonbury 2016 Deezer playlist... hopefully I'm not setting myself up for a huge disappointment 

1 minute ago, Alking said:

Same here. just to add to the over excitement, I'm listening to the Glastonbury 2016 Deezer playlist... hopefully I'm not setting myself up for a huge disappointment 

Oh I know what you mean! I'm going to treat myself to Podpad camping at Latitude if I don't get Glastonbury tickets. Just to make myself feel a bit better!