Talking Heads reforming for 2017

pothead pixie

if they do reform i doubt they'll be booked for Glastonbury. as fantastic as it'd (hopefully) be i think they'll be going for the big bucks, although that said i can't think what UK festival they'd go for - Bestival? IOW? Latitude? hard to imagine where they'd fit in although I'm sure some festivals would try pretty hard for them

Please please please let there be some truth in this rumour.

Saw David Byrne a few years ago and he was amazing but would so love to see him with taking heads.

Tom Tom club at Glastonbury the other year were brilliant but not the same without David Byrne!

I don't really feel a strong compulsion to see them play live now, would have I loved to have been born and watching them in the late 70s/early 80s? Yes, definitely, but because they have those great live records from that time, they just seem so much like they belong there to me. I'd definitely make an effort to go if they did come back, probably have an amazing time, but there'd be a bit of a pang of guilt that there's a massive Talking Heads fan sat at home, weeping into his beard because I got a his ticket.

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

but then this is the case with many reformations (LCD Soundsystem is a recent one). not that i think it's happening, but they're not just gonna reveal that they're reforming just yet - they'd want to throw people off the scent and do it in their own way

Just now, FloorFiller said:

but then this is the case with many reformations (LCD Soundsystem is a recent one). not that i think it's happening, but they're not just gonna reveal that they're reforming just yet - they'd want to throw people off the scent and do it in their own way

I got that link from a website run by someone who is a personal friend of Chris & Tina (a dutch guy who I've met a few times), and he didn't post anything about the supposed reform and did post that article of the denial.

So I trust the angle he's gone with.

3 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

I thought they were considered one of those bands like The Smiths, that you will NEVER see get back together?

there's definitely been some big issues. When I interviewed Chris in (I think?) 2003 he didn't want to talk about David or TH.

So I'm quite surprised at his more recent words, saying him and Tina would be up for it, but I find it difficult to see what would be in it for Byrne.... tho I do know he really enjoyed playing a set with a lot of old stuff the last time he toured on his own.

What the hell?! That'll be brilliant, you could even say it's Once In A Life Time.

Soz, I'll get me coat.

EDIT: didn't expect to be beaten to it that many times...I guess This Must Be The Place where we like our crap puns

Edited by RichardWaller