remember when

shuttlep

Capacity increase came along with the park in 2007. The SE corner expanded in 2009 (from Lost Vagueness), then I think again with Williams field and Latino - was that 2010? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Dairy Ground used to be a car park, as did most of the campsites west of that house/farm that's on site. I remember running through that one year when it was in the car par. 

32 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

just looking at that  it says the amount of tickets sold is now less, and the prices has more than doubled, since my first time in 2004

The numbers on that page aren't consistent though.

For 2002 until 2005, it's using the total licenced number allowed on site (ie including staff)

2007 onwards, it's using the number of tickets sold to the public including sunday tickets.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

The numbers on that page aren't consistent though.

For 2002 until 2005, it's using the total licenced number allowed on site (ie including staff)

2007 onwards, it's using the number of tickets sold to the public including sunday tickets.

I think that's right. As far as I'm aware they currently sell 135,000 tickets and then have enough staff/volunteers to bring it up to 175,000?

6 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I think that's right. As far as I'm aware they currently sell 135,000 tickets and then have enough staff/volunteers to bring it up to 175,000?

The (potential) staff numbers were increased to 80,000 in a licence renewal a couple years ago - but that number was deliberately set higher than needed or likely to be used to avoid licence issues in the future.

The end result is that the total allowed on site is now a theoretical 205,000, although I believe that last year the number officially on site at any given moment peaked at a shade over 180,000.

The site hasn't actually grown that much looking at that. The main areas which have expanded in that photo are the top left bit around the park area and where Arcadia now is, but the rest of it is pretty much the same size, just more condensed nowadays. I also wonder if the west part of the site has grown, catering for more camping in areas such as Pylon and Rivermead, etc

Photo does show that there wasn't a lot of stuff going on in SE corner, Lost Vagueness as it was, in those days. It all changed with the invention of Shangri La, the Lanes, Arcadia and the Park - a real game changer for the festival