Wedding photographers?

Ian341

Hi everyone.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've shamelessly used this forum for years to get festival information, lineup rumours, tips and tricks for getting tickets, secret sales information, and to generally build my excitement by reading through all of the great posts in the lead up to Glastonbury. So firstly, I just wanted to say thank you. You guys are awesome. 

Unfortunately though, I'm here to ask another favour. Me and my fiancé are getting married at this year's festival. We both love Glastonbury and have been going since 2010, so we couldn't think of a better place to tie the knot. We're planning on heading to Glastonbury town hall on Thursday morning, just to make it official with very little fuss, then we have a Handfasting ceremony booked for the afternoon with our friends and family.

We we were wondering if anyone heading to the festival is a photographer, or knows a photographer who is going, that wouldn't mind sparing an hour or two on Thursday afternoon? Our friends and family will obviously be taking photographs on their phones and whatnot, but we'd love it if we could book some type of professional to take some nice photographs.

Plus, as if this all wasn't overwhelming enough, my fiancé is now sporting a baby bump too! So we'd love to show our baby boy some nice photos of his first Glastonbury inside his mummy's tummy!

Any help or suggestions would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Slugworth said:

My best mates girlfriend is a stripper. And she's going this year.

Wahaaaaaay!

so stag doo on  the Wednesday is all sorted

pd I am not a photographer but will blag I am for an invite

Edited by shuttlep

6 hours ago, Ian341 said:

Hi everyone.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've shamelessly used this forum for years to get festival information, lineup rumours, tips and tricks for getting tickets, secret sales information, and to generally build my excitement by reading through all of the great posts in the lead up to Glastonbury. So firstly, I just wanted to say thank you. You guys are awesome. 

Unfortunately though, I'm here to ask another favour. Me and my fiancé are getting married at this year's festival. We both love Glastonbury and have been going since 2010, so we couldn't think of a better place to tie the knot. We're planning on heading to Glastonbury town hall on Thursday morning, just to make it official with very little fuss, then we have a Handfasting ceremony booked for the afternoon with our friends and family.

We we were wondering if anyone heading to the festival is a photographer, or knows a photographer who is going, that wouldn't mind sparing an hour or two on Thursday afternoon? Our friends and family will obviously be taking photographs on their phones and whatnot, but we'd love it if we could book some type of professional to take some nice photographs.

Plus, as if this all wasn't overwhelming enough, my fiancé is now sporting a baby bump too! So we'd love to show our baby boy some nice photos of his first Glastonbury inside his mummy's tummy!

Any help or suggestions would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, 

I am a event and model photography attending Glastonbury and would be more than happy to help out www.williamshields.co.uk feel free to contact me via wshields90@gmail.com 

Congratulations! That sounds like a wonderful plan and what an amazing way to celebrate. Our lovely wedding photographer used to be based in Glastonbury and previously attended to photograph the festival. I'm not sure if she is planning to attend this year or not, but could be worth a try: http://emmastonerweddings.com/category/events/ Good luck x

On 3 May 2016 at 11:50 AM, Ian341 said:

We we were wondering if anyone heading to the festival is a photographer, or knows a photographer who is going, that wouldn't mind sparing an hour or two on Thursday afternoon.

I presume the hand fasting ceremony will be on the festival site, but for the 'legal' one at the town hall, have you thought of seeing if the local newspaper is interested, on the basis that you'll be spending your honeymoon at the festival? 

Central Someset Gazette or Somerset County Gazette, I think they are. At least you'll get some good photos taken of the real thing and you could pop into their offices after the festival and choose some to buy.

Just a thought...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. We originally thought we'd be extremely lucky to have anyone willing to do it. The last thing we expected was to have options! 

I might just just post the time and the place on here closer to the festival. See if I can get tonnes of people to show up and surprise my fiancé.

• 9 months later...

Thanks again for everyone's help last year. We managed to get both a photographer and a film crew to record our Handfasting Ceremony and everything went better than we ever could have expected. 

It took a long time, due to us having a baby not long after Glastonbury, but we finally managed to edit together a video of our Glastonbury Wedding.

Thanks again everyone! 

See you in June! 

4 hours ago, Ian341 said:

Thanks again for everyone's help last year. We managed to get both a photographer and a film crew to record our Handfasting Ceremony and everything went better than we ever could have expected. 

It took a long time, due to us having a baby not long after Glastonbury, but we finally managed to edit together a video of our Glastonbury Wedding.

Thanks again everyone! 

See you in June! 

Congrats! Lovely videoOHHHHH...

...JESUSCHRISTALMIGHTLY is that a birthing video on next?????!!!!!!!

MAKEITSTOP MAKEITSTOP!!!!!!!  

;-)

That's great to see, the wife and I are having a Handfasting ceremony this year after getting married in August last year. How was the ceremony? We will have plenty of people there to watch as it's straight after our #twisto meet Thursday afternoon.  Could be messy ha ha

On 15/02/2017 at 4:31 AM, Ian341 said:

Thanks again everyone! 

See you in June! 

This was so lovely to watch! Congratulations!!

Hi Ian, I'm a photographer who photographs weddings amongst other things. I will be working in the Green Crafts field and I would love to photograph your wedding. If you'd like to get in touch my email is markpickthall@hotmail.co.uk then I can point you to some of my work.

Cheers Mark

4 minutes ago, Markyp said:

Hi Ian, I'm a photographer who photographs weddings amongst other things. I will be working in the Green Crafts field and I would love to photograph your wedding. If you'd like to get in touch my email is markpickthall@hotmail.co.uk then I can point you to some of my work.

Cheers Mark

^ Can't recommend Mark highly enough.  He also used to be the main Festival Eye Magazine photographer when it was in print. 

On 03/05/2016 at 6:12 PM, Chickengrooves said:

Hello, 

I am a event and model photography attending Glastonbury and would be more than happy to help out www.williamshields.co.uk feel free to contact me via wshields90@gmail.com 

Fair play..