Leftfield Poster

Glastobuddy

Last year's TTIP and Fracking talks were great, if a bit short (there was plenty to squeeze in). 

Will be there to show support to the Junior Doctors this year. I hope a couple of Torys turn up like they did last year to attempt (and fail at) heckling, and leave all their rubbish behind. Idiots.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Titters said:

Will be there to show support to the Junior Doctors this year. I hope a couple of Torys turn up like they did last year to attempt (and fail at) heckling, and leave all their rubbish behind. Idiots.

Surely if its going to be a proper debate you need to hear the other side? It all seems bit pointless if its one sided. Might as well not bother

23 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Surprised Grace Petrie didn't get a full set this year. 

Yes me too. She's done that slot several times now and with a few albums under her belt, deserves a full set I think. Happy shes there in some capacity anyway. 

50 minutes ago, Leggins said:

Yes me too. She's done that slot several times now and with a few albums under her belt, deserves a full set I think. Happy shes there in some capacity anyway. 

She had a full set there in 2011. Not inconceivable she will pop up elsewhere though.

Think it'll be interesting to see what reaction Corbyn get's after last nights elections. It should be a favourable crowd but I wonder if some of the more vocal left will argue that he's doing more damage than good to the party at the moment....

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Think it'll be interesting to see what reaction Corbyn get's after last nights elections. It should be a favourable crowd but I wonder if some of the more vocal left will argue that he's doing more damage than good to the party at the moment....

It could have been a lot worse, not a great result by any means but I fail to see how he or anybody else could do much better.

Lab could put forward the greatest politicians of all time in Scotland and they won't win (some were cheering the fact the Tories were in second, bizzare), and along with rising nationalism in Wales means England is the only place Labour can do okay these days, which they did.

People disguise their own self-interest behind a facade of 'well Labour are rubbish', that's the way it is.

18 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Like Neil :p  (there is a thread somewhere for this...)

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, DeanoL said:

They're not really debates, they're more discussions.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:10 AM, clarkete said:

Indeed, surely the name of the stage is a clue as to the intention?

Because people within the 'left' always agree with one another...?

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

He's done better than I thought he would - nearly as good as Milliband did in 2012. But not as well as I had hoped. It seems like he hasn't managed to actually get those new younger Corbyn fans out to vote. Which is a shame.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Because people within the 'left' always agree with one another...?

No, because the festival has always supported and promoted certain causes and those are usually quite at odds with being a right winger ;) 

On 06/05/2016 at 0:10 PM, DeanoL said:

He's done better than I thought he would - nearly as good as Milliband did in 2012. But not as well as I had hoped. It seems like he hasn't managed to actually get those new younger Corbyn fans out to vote. Which is a shame.

Yep - supposedly the tories are more hated now than in 2012 but the vote was lower, and there's no sign of "the strength of Labour at a local level" which Corbyn claimed last week that other parties feared. ;)

Even so, it was a far better vote than even Corbyn's team thought would happen, which is good news and should be welcomed.

BUT .... that's no reason for complacency. The vote was lower and needs to be MUCH higher, and the bullshit about "the strength of Labour at a local level" has to stop.

Wake up and smell the coffee, and then do something about it. Don't say "Jezza is wonderful" and think he's got 2020 in the bag.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Yep - supposedly the tories are more hated now than in 2012 but the vote was lower, and there's no sign of "the strength of Labour at a local level" which Corbyn claimed last week that other parties feared. ;)

Even so, it was a far better vote than even Corbyn's team thought would happen, which is good news and should be welcomed.

BUT .... that's no reason for complacency. The vote was lower and needs to be MUCH higher, and the bullshit about "the strength of Labour at a local level" has to stop.

Wake up and smell the coffee, and then do something about it. Don't say "Jezza is wonderful" and think he's got 2020 in the bag.

We need Pingu back to continue this for another 5 pages!

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

We need Pingu back to continue this for another 5 pages!

;lol:

Yep, along with some of his more ridiculous claims. I'm still waiting for him to show me the same number of polls that show a Corbyn surge (from before a month ago) as all of the ones that show a Corbyn flatline.

There's still a big difference between Corbyn flatlining and Corbyn heading for victory. Without a victory it's all empty bollocks.