Names on tickets

anon1998

I bought a weekend ticket from the seetickets website, so all legit and will have my name on it.  I had already planned to go with friends who all have their early entry passes, but as they're officially sold out, I purchased one from viagogo for a slightly more extortionate price. 

Its only just come to my attention that the early entry ticket will have someone else's name on, as its being sold by someone else. I don't know if this is an issue or not? Will they check thoroughly at the gate? I could always bring along my booking confirmation but I've read through the Reading sites official terms and conditions and they seem pretty strict on purchasing tickets from second party sites. 

I've never been before and I don't know if it will even matter but I don't want to get into any serious trouble or have both my tickets taken off me? 

Will it matter if both tickets have different names on? Can't really find any information anywhere about this specific problem 

8 hours ago, anon1998 said:

I bought a weekend ticket from the seetickets website, so all legit and will have my name on it.  I had already planned to go with friends who all have their early entry passes, but as they're officially sold out, I purchased one from viagogo for a slightly more extortionate price. 

Its only just come to my attention that the early entry ticket will have someone else's name on, as its being sold by someone else. I don't know if this is an issue or not? Will they check thoroughly at the gate? I could always bring along my booking confirmation but I've read through the Reading sites official terms and conditions and they seem pretty strict on purchasing tickets from second party sites. 

I've never been before and I don't know if it will even matter but I don't want to get into any serious trouble or have both my tickets taken off me? 

Will it matter if both tickets have different names on? Can't really find any information anywhere about this specific problem 

Never bought a second hand ticket but i've never been asked for I.D. at the gate or anything, if they ask you could just say a friend of yours bought the early entry for you because you forgot about it and he is either already in there or is on his way to the festival?

Edited by The Ghost Of Eddie

The issue is that I'll have two tickets with two different names on them, so if they look at one and then at the other, it looks a bit suspect, don't really know how to get myself out of it! but I guess I'll just risk it 

1 minute ago, anon1998 said:

The issue is that I'll have two tickets with two different names on them, so if they look at one and then at the other, it looks a bit suspect, don't really know how to get myself out of it! but I guess I'll just risk it 

If they bring it up just say your friend bought the early entry because when you booked you forgot to get one. They'll all be volunteers at the wristband exchange and won't give two shits

4 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

If they bring it up just say your friend bought the early entry because when you booked you forgot to get one. They'll all be volunteers at the wristband exchange and won't give two shits

alright I'll give that a go if anyone asks, feel a lot better about it now! 

2 hours ago, anon1998 said:

That's how mine was last year, I'd brought my early entry ticket seperatley and then my weekend ticket was off a friend. I don't think they pay any attention to the names on them