the best cover of all time?

greenArmy12

Bear with me here, it's worth it I promise. This is Ella Fitzgerald live in Berlin in 1960 covering How High The Moon. Performing her scat solo she never misses a single beat throughout. Jazz isn't everyones cup of tea. Hell it's not even mine but this is worth 7 mins of anybody's time. Stunning!

Shaun.

Edited by MilkyJoe

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Totally missed that! It's horrendous. I also hate Sorrow (I know I'm in the minority).

I like Bowie's Let's Spend the Night Together though. 

Santana's she's not there is decent.

Ah I love it. If you want a horrendous Bowie cover, nothing beats God Only Knows.

19 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Not many votes for Alexandra Burke's Hallelujah! I'm guessing Madonna's American Pie won't be on this list either!:huh:

Sincere apologies for reminding people of the above 'songs'

I'll get me coat... 

Come on nothing is worse than Newton Faulkner's teardrop cover. That one example is nearly enough to ban all cover versions forever more

3 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Ooh, Dubstar: Not So Manic Now

you know, I remebered them a few days ago and listened to Disgraceful for the first time in donkey's years. Really enjoyed it.

Maybe not THE best cover of all time but this makes me immensely happy, that's what covers are about right? And my two cents; I loved it when the white stripes didn't change jolene pronouns, gay = awesome :P plus obviously it would ruin such a magnificent song but that goes without saying, I'm super appreciative about same sex songs, cos there ain't enough of em!