the best cover of all time?

greenArmy12

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Totally missed that! It's horrendous. I also hate Sorrow (I know I'm in the minority).

I like Bowie's Let's Spend the Night Together though. 

Santana's she's not there is decent.

You're right it's pointless. But not as dreadful as God Only Knows. One of the best songs ever, covered by one of the best artists ever. What could go wrong? Everything.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/04/2016 at 1:43 AM, greenArmy12 said:

Some great covers covered over the pages with the notable exception of the one that started the whole thing. Absolutely,  totally hate that cover that makes silence by far a preferable alternative to ever hearing it again.

23 minutes ago, richroet said:

Some great covers covered over the pages with the notable exception of the one that started the whole thing. Absolutely,  totally hate that cover that makes silence by far a preferable alternative to ever hearing it again.

I'm not keen either, although loads of people seem to love it.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I remember seeing a band at Glastonbury (I was watching on tele) Do a cover of Frankley Knuckles -Your Love. No idea who it was but I really enjoyed it.

Anyone know who it was?

The Horrors - was emotional

I do love a good cover version! I note that following the sad passing of Prince a LOT of his stuff is creeping onto You Tube (perhaps his lawyers are busy with other stuff) but have a gander at this

Prince nails "Red House" (but not before repainting it). If you're going to cover Hendrix you better be a bit good. Oh and catch the sax from Maceo Parker. Genius.

I do like a Beatles cover as well

Calexico "Strawberry Fields Forever"

Phil Manzanera 801 "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Also at Glastonbury 2014 saw Thea Gilmore cover "All You Need Is Love" to tear inducing effect (for me anyway)

On 30/04/2016 at 9:15 PM, Jugtanion said:

Just noticed this. Great shout. My old man said it brought him to tears on Jan 10th, I can see why. Station to station has since become my go-to Bowie album, absolute masterclass.

Yeah to me Station to Station is Bowie's best album never gets old.

I went to see Chris Cornell last night and he did fantastic covers of:

A Day in the Life - The Beatles

Nothing Compares 2 U - Prince

One - U2 (with lyrics from One by Metallica)

Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

Imagine - John Lennon

He even did a cover of the Johnny Cash cover of Soundgarden's Rusty Cage.

All impeccable. Sadly he's back in the US over Glastonbury weekend. Shame, he would have made an amazing acoustic stage headliner

9 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Not many votes for Alexandra Burke's Hallelujah! I'm guessing Madonna's American Pie won't be on this list either!:huh:

Sincere apologies for reminding people of the above 'songs'

I'll get me coat... 

yes, leave with your evil covers in tow! boyzone-father and son though......is also sxxt. :)