Carl Cox and Underworld

ten2doc

Both missing from the Silver Haynes line up, where do we think they'll be performing? I'm hoping Thursday night in The Glade for Cox but with Back to Basics hosting that night in there I don't know how that will fit. I'd love to see Underworld close The other stage Friday night but I'm thinking JP will be more likely.

2 minutes ago, ten2doc said:

Both missing from the Silver Haynes line up, where do we think they'll be performing? I'm hoping Thursday night in The Glade for Cox but with Back to Basics hosting that night in there I don't know how that will fit. I'd love to see Underworld close The other stage Friday night but I'm thinking JP will be more likely.

I'm pretty sure he's been confirmed as playing on the Friday night in the Glade?

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

I believe Carl Cox has a headline set on the Glade on the Friday and Bez Acid house on the Saturday! (Pretty sure I haven't made that up)

I think this is what had me confused.  Be a bit odd for him to hang around for 24 hours though?  Can't see him camping in Pennards for the weekend.

Couple of points:

1) I think there are some hotels nearby.

2) Carl Cox in the Acid House? That will be rammed!

3) Hopefully you can see both. The last Glade headliner goes on later than a lot of stages (I hotfooted it from Orbital on the Other to the Levellers in the Glade once and saw about half of their set).

17 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

I think this is what had me confused.  Be a bit odd for him to hang around for 24 hours though?  Can't see him camping in Pennards for the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Good point - but bit of a difference between Jackmaster and Carl Cox though isn't there...

It happens with lots of the acts every year. Even away from DJ's etc. George Clinton springs to mind from last year's fest - headlining on West Holts on the Saturday but appeared during Mark Ronson's Friday Other Stage pre-headline set.

7 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Good point - but bit of a difference between Jackmaster and Carl Cox though isn't there...

The money Carl Cox has, he could afford to stay in the plushest "glamping" imaginable.

Yeah, or a 30 minute taxi to a Premier Inn, and then back again the next night

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

no matter when he plays both sets are not to be missed

Glade and Bez's two cracking venues

I'm not missing LCD Soundsystem! Though, as said above, if he is on late then I can stand on the right and scarper there After All My Friends (with all my friends).

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm not missing LCD Soundsystem! Though, as said above, if he is on late then I can stand on the right and scarper there After All My Friends (with all my friends).

I thik all My Friends will be the BBC Glastonbury song

I wasn't really being serious with the camping part.  I'm basically saying that the festival paying for Carl Cox to play 2 nights would probably represent a significant investment (more so than most other DJ's) over him just playing 2 locations in the same evening.

The inevitable Underworld - LCD Soundsystem clash is really bringing me down.

Haven't seen LCD before and caught Underworld on their most recent two tours (absolutely incredible at the Roundhouse recently), so I'll be at the former. 

But Christ, the thought of passing up on 90 minutes of guaranteed euphoria is horrible. I hope someone at Glasto HQ reads these forums, because plenty of people have mentioned it. There must be a large crossover of fans.

Will be at Carl Cox providing it's not too packed.

Edited by GimpSquadObvious